PDA

View Full Version : LCD screen quality?

ultraflip
01-04-2007, 01:04 PM
Hey all...

I'm currently experimenting w/ a regular lcd screen...

i'm getting an output from a vga source to this component input screen (one yellow cable to us simple folk)...

when goofing around w/ the settings... the on screen picture is blurry... discusting... unable to be viewed on this glorious screen that i've been blessed with...

can anyone chime in as to how i can improve the quality of the screen?

be advised... i'm coming from a vga source to this s-video source.... and it looks like you have beer goggles on through the screen....

regards
flip...

p.s... anyone who can get me to have a clear screen gets a 6 pack!

x[corwyn]
01-04-2007, 01:10 PM
Hey all...

I'm currently experimenting w/ a regular lcd screen...

i'm getting an output from a vga source to this component input screen (one yellow cable to us simple folk)...

when goofing around w/ the settings... the on screen picture is blurry... discusting... unable to be viewed on this glorious screen that i've been blessed with...

can anyone chime in as to how i can improve the quality of the screen?

be advised... i'm coming from a vga source to this s-video source.... and it looks like you have beer goggles on through the screen....

regards
flip...

p.s... anyone who can get me to have a clear screen gets a 6 pack!

If you are using a yellow single cable its a very low quality video connection (composite). You need to up it to a VGA connection or DVI (HDMI) for a nice clear picture. FYI Composite is the yellow cable, component is the 3 cables that are red,green yellow... Here is a site to explain the differences in cables. http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/34579/207261.html

ultraflip
01-04-2007, 01:20 PM
there has to be a scan converter out there that can help my situation

x[corwyn]
01-04-2007, 01:38 PM
there has to be a scan converter out there that can help my situation

I have put out a connection like that before...for SDTV its ok but thats super low resolution. For something like a LCD screen that has a much higher resolution its gonna look like caca.

Lets put a Tube TV in the car!!!!

Seriously though you are trying to do an output thats meant for a TV screen and will not do a good clean clear display for you. If it could people would beusing that instead. You are using the crappiest video output possible.

Note for connecting PCs to standard NTSC CRT televisions:
CRTs (using Component Video or S-Video input) can generally only support a maximum of around 640x480 pixels (actually 480 lines at a max of 60 Hz), so computer to TV adapters are not able to clearly display a computer desktop very well. Note that unless your TV is high definition capable, it's only going to display at 640x480 (at best) so attaching your computer to it by any means will have the same result.

ultraflip
01-04-2007, 01:38 PM
ok.... my laptop is stuck down to 800x600... anyway to bring it down to 640x480? lol

x[corwyn]
01-04-2007, 01:55 PM
ok.... my laptop is stuck down to 800x600... anyway to bring it down to 640x480? lol

Trade it for a really old model?

Actually on my old Toshiba I would output movies to motel screens, and in the TV output screen it can be put to a low resolution. But again, is a crappy screen/resolution really what you want in your car? Cause how hard it is to see when you are stopped its going to be worse when driving.

ultraflip
01-04-2007, 02:02 PM
only one way to find out

verano
01-04-2007, 03:05 PM
something like this flip?
http://www.accessorywarehouse.com/images/large/gez1000-l.jpg

ultraflip
01-04-2007, 03:13 PM
dunno if that'll improve screeen quality.. price? any chance a local store has that?

verano
01-04-2007, 03:31 PM
here's the link, i have not tried this product yet....

http://www.accessorywarehouse.com/shop/customer/product.php?productid=20121

x[corwyn]
01-04-2007, 03:54 PM
dunno if that'll improve screeen quality.. price? any chance a local store has that?

That actually will improve it possibly but not as good as you are gonna want. Expensive though.