PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft zune??

kEvo VIII
01-05-2007, 11:28 AM
anybody have one of these??
It's suppose to be microsoft's version of the ipod.
30g, video, and a radio, and its wireless!! all for 250 on overstock.com.

lets hear some reviews!!! O0

DTunedEvoX
01-05-2007, 11:29 AM
Sucks and is very glitchy- get a iPOD video 30 gig ... dont turn back

Terenus
01-05-2007, 11:38 AM
Yea, it's a POS.

Granny Shifter
01-05-2007, 11:38 AM
A liittle too big. If anything, wait for Mac World next week and see if they reveal the new ipod. Wait for it.

kEvo VIII
01-05-2007, 11:45 AM
dayum.. good thing i didnt buy this yet.

brownrice
01-05-2007, 12:04 PM
look heres my experience who actually bought one. I'm one of those guys that just accepted the fact that microsoft rules the computer world. Since I have windows and a 360 i thought damn, it would be cool if my mp3 player played nice with everything else i already own so i bought one. the unit itself is pretty awesome. screen is good and size isn't too overbearing. problem with the damn thing is the software!! I got it to install on 1 of 3 LEGIT pc's. went to tier 3 tech support and got nowhere. they basically told me we don't know what the problem is. I went online and oh boy are there alot of pissed off zune buyers! 2nd, it doesn't even support windows own damn play for sure service!! wtf is that?? then the whole wireless thing is a ploy as of right now. sure you can "squirt" (their lingo not mine!!) but it shuts down your player while it's transferring so it interupts whatever your doing. plus it has a 3 day or 3 play rule that disables the file after the limit is reached. I ended up returning it and getting a creative. never looked back. if your looking for accessories ipod cant be beat. they have the market as of right now. the term mp3 player has been replaced by ipod. i just don't like being held down by apple and their itunes so i chose creative and a all you can hear subscription to yahoo music. its kind of like the netflix of music. hope this helps somewhat.

-Rafael

kEvo VIII
01-05-2007, 12:17 PM
thanks for the info guys.

CICreations
01-11-2007, 04:48 PM
I went through the MP3 research thing this past Christmas when I bought my wife one. I actually bought the Zune and another MP3 player from Creative Labs called the Zen Vision:M. We opened the Zen first and I gotta tell you, we were so impressed with the the interface and how easy it was to import music and pics that we didn't even open the Zune. The sound is amazing as well. A friend of mine that is really into music that the sound on the ipod isn't that great. Now before you're all like "SO" just know that this guy has like a $100K studio in his house, music is kinda his thing. With the head phones on it sounds as good as standing in my living room with my Bose theater playing the same song.

Another good thing about the zen is that it is only $220 from Amazon.com with no tax and free shipping. It's also 30G plays MP3s, holds pics, video, has a recorder, and radio. I will say that from the reviews I read the white one doesn't show scratches nearly as much as the black one. Just for FYI.

http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Zen-Vision-Video-Player/dp/B000CSCLMK/sr=8-3/qid=1168557456/ref=pd_bbs_sr_3/104-8391342-5433529?ie=UTF8&s=electronics

ernald711
01-21-2007, 02:42 PM
i'd like to try one out for myself. i'm more of a microsoft guy, but i'll wait a little longer for microsoft to fix the bugs outta this product. i also have a microsoft PC, an xbox360, and an IPOD (which works flawlessly with the other two). i'm not a fanboy of APPLE or MICROSOFT, but the ipod does pretty much have so many things out there. zune'll probably start having other accessories and then i'll be interested in trying it.

Kevo VIII, are you getting this purly to put it in your pocket and listen to, or are you gonna want to integrate it to your car/home audio?

kEvo VIII
01-22-2007, 09:52 AM
Kevo VIII, are you getting this purly to put it in your pocket and listen to, or are you gonna want to integrate it to your car/home audio?

Little bit of both, but mostly to put in my pocket and listen too. Havent bought it yet, i think im gonna wait a little while so they fix the bugs, just like you. Or im gonna pic up the IPOD phone.

Mokaone
01-22-2007, 10:10 AM
im surpriced the first 3 posts where all negative, since ive only heard positive things about the zune. has any of the 3 first posters even played around with the zune, or are u guys just being negative about it since its made my microsoft?

ive actually heard its better than the ipod... apple just seems to have grown this "bling bling" factor within the last year or so and thats why people are jumping on their products. (not saying the ipod was a bad product, just that ive heard that the zune is a better on... better bang for ur buck too)

DTunedEvoX
01-22-2007, 10:41 AM
im surpriced the first 3 posts where all negative, since ive only heard positive things about the zune. has any of the 3 first posters even played around with the zune, or are u guys just being negative about it since its made my microsoft?

ive actually heard its better than the ipod... apple just seems to have grown this "bling bling" factor within the last year or so and thats why people are jumping on their products. (not saying the ipod was a bad product, just that ive heard that the zune is a better on... better bang for ur buck too)

I have experience with one, yes. It has nothing to do w/ Microsoft. Everything that was stated is true .. all the bugs, etc with its initial launch. I dont see how its a better "bang for your buck" as they both do the same thing, and both are 30g's when compared to a 30gb iPod video.

I personally wouldnt buy one myself, but if I was given one- I *might* keep it. That or to myself the frustrations - trade it in for an iPod. There is a big difference with "hearing this and hearing that" ... Own both- you'll understand ...

Jon H
04-01-2007, 03:57 AM
The interface is a little slow at times and the software is getting better, but I like mine. It's pretty sturdy and watching movies on it is great with it's nice big screen that is easy to see. I usually watch a movie on it while doing cardio (Bloodsport ftmfw), makes the time really go by fast. Had one malfunction with it which was my fault, MS took it back no problem.

It's not for every one, but it works for me.