PDA

View Full Version : New Evolution X

Chrison
01-08-2007, 07:48 PM
http://www.leftlanenews.com/2007/01/08/mitsubishi-prototype-x-breaks-cover/

Pretty close to the production..............

LB_CT9A
01-08-2007, 08:01 PM
the front end is kinda startin to grow on me..

Kobrevo
01-08-2007, 08:42 PM
I so want one! And I'm not afraid nor ashamed to say it. But it I don't get the X, I'll settle for the IX SE

MR Dan
01-08-2007, 08:43 PM
time to part-out my shit.... :-(

sidewaysevo
01-08-2007, 08:46 PM
Very nice. Time to start saving. The interior also looks nice.

evobeaner
01-08-2007, 08:49 PM
http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=15&article_id=4484
check out the video!!!! beautiful car imo.

1WkdEvo
01-08-2007, 08:58 PM
I was really hoping I wouldn't like it, but shit :tickedoff:

JoeyM3
01-08-2007, 09:32 PM
it's growing on me, twin hks carbon ti's would make that rear end look crazy :uglystupid2:

Unstroked
01-08-2007, 09:50 PM
:'( I want one now... Do you think they are going to have an MR edition???

smokd
01-08-2007, 09:52 PM
aluminum block, turbo on the backside of the engine, navi, 200lbs heavier... im not really feelin it... doesnt seem like a pure evo to me. O and btw, available "6AMT" transmission... nuh uh, not feelin it at all

GOOSE_Ej
01-08-2007, 09:56 PM
aluminum block, turbo on the backside of the engine, navi, 200lbs heavier... im not really feelin it... doesnt seem like a pure evo to me. O and btw, available "6AMT" transmission... nuh uh, not feelin it at all

i aint digging it myself... looks like darth vader from the front.. also to much bling inside now. but if they do sell it here old over r gonna be getting owned...

fusionchicken
01-08-2007, 10:01 PM
wow...the interior is awesome, and i love the exterior....imagine it in black wow

i hope this thing only comes in 6spd manual; i'd be pretty disappointed if a car as dedicated as the Evo becomes available to those who dont even take the time to learn how to properly drive with 3 pedals....:(

MR Dan
01-08-2007, 10:04 PM
now the question is how much? ... what trim versions will be offered?

hksevo8
01-08-2007, 10:15 PM
I am so glad I still have my 03........now I won't feel so bad about trading up.

fusionchicken
01-08-2007, 10:21 PM
the interior is turning me on for some reason, esp. this
http://images.leftlanenews.com/content/46-2008-mitsubishi-prototype-x.jpg

EvolvedMCC
01-08-2007, 10:21 PM

im sure navi is optional. and you don't have to get one with the auto tranny.

Mokaone
01-08-2007, 10:25 PM
compared to the subbie, i thought my 9 was ugly. but after seeing the X, it makes me feel much better. and btw.. no clutch = thumbsdown

blkside
01-08-2007, 10:32 PM
I think it looks good but it loses a lot with the ^AMT shit and the extra weight.. That is supposed to be the same block thats in the SRT Caliber... I am iffy about something thats new... 1st batch never works out.. compar the 03 to the SE...

ChrisF
01-08-2007, 10:33 PM
Anyone notice the Porsche Sport Chrono wannabe in the center of the dash?

EVO Neil
01-08-2007, 10:34 PM

Have you driven a vehicle with a DSG or AMT gearbox? I'm guessing, no. Don't bag on it until you've tried it. It's pretty amazing and besides they've already said they'll have a manual transmission available as the standard gearbox. Nav is going to be an option as well as the upgraded sound system. Lastly it gained weigh due to tougher crash standards it now has to meet. Why do you think we don't have any '07 Evo's? Correct, they wouldn't meet the latest side impact standards. So part of that weight gain had to happen just to sell it here, the other part is that is a slightly larger car than the previous Evo. Some many conclusions are jumped to without even thinking about the reasons why. I hope that helps you at least understand some of your concerns.

hksevo8
01-08-2007, 10:38 PM

Have you driven a vehicle with a DSG or AMT gearbox? I'm quessing, no. Don't bag on it until you've tried it. It's pretty amazing and besides they've already said they'll have a manual transmission available as the standard gearbox. Nav is going to be an option as well as the upgraded sound system. Lastly it gained weigh due to tougher crash standards it now has to meet. Why do you think we don't have any '07 Evo's? Correct, they wouldn't meet the latest side impact standards. So part of that weight gain had to happen just to sell it here, the other part is that is a slightly larger car than the previous Evo. Some many conclusions are jumped to without even thinking about the reasons why. I hope that helps you at least understand some of your concerns.

Neil. Was the 4G63 dropped due to tougher emissions testing? I heard this is one of the main reasons why the decade old motor was dropped from this platform.

EVO Neil
01-08-2007, 10:49 PM

Have you driven a vehicle with a DSG or AMT gearbox? I'm quessing, no. Don't bag on it until you've tried it. It's pretty amazing and besides they've already said they'll have a manual transmission available as the standard gearbox. Nav is going to be an option as well as the upgraded sound system. Lastly it gained weigh due to tougher crash standards it now has to meet. Why do you think we don't have any '07 Evo's? Correct, they wouldn't meet the latest side impact standards. So part of that weight gain had to happen just to sell it here, the other part is that is a slightly larger car than the previous Evo. Some many conclusions are jumped to without even thinking about the reasons why. I hope that helps you at least understand some of your concerns.

Neil. Was the 4G63 dropped due to tougher emissions testing? I heard this is one of the main reasons why the decade old motor was dropped from this platform.

It may have been more about effeciency than emissions. I thought we were getting direct-injection with the new Evo, but alas we are not. It's funny that Mitsubishi isn't since it's their technology from about 1992. Audi is going direct-injection across the board and GM is using it on their new Solstice GXP and Saturn Sky Redline turbocharged engines. It is much cleaner and allows higher compression ratios and more power to be extracted, but I'm guessing it was cut due to cost by Mitsubishi. So to surmise, I'd guess the old 4G63 was just to ineffecient since it's been around a long time and the new motor has more modern technology in block and cylinder head design as well as materials and is internally more effecient with less pumping losses through the motor.

Thero
01-08-2007, 10:54 PM
Kind of figured I wasn't going to like it and to my surprise its pretty nice looking. But I still dont like it. I'm glad i traded in my 05 VIII for a 06 IX. Because I knew it was gonna be the last time the car looked like it does

Evo8supercar
01-08-2007, 11:34 PM
Great car to drive every day. I will still like to keep my VIII and get an X because I will hate to mod this baby for the track. I have a feeling that will be on the heavy site.

fusionchicken
01-08-2007, 11:47 PM
200lbs extra would put the X close to 3500lbs...let's hope the front/rear weight distribution is better than 60f/40r like now, or else i dont see how they can improve or even maintain the same level of handling of the current Evo's

JOOTZ
01-08-2007, 11:50 PM
i like my IX

ASSALBERT
01-09-2007, 03:24 AM
hot damn, i hope this comes in a 6spd.

EvoStevo
01-09-2007, 07:42 AM
Mitsu should have just given the 9 more power. Correct me if I'm but isn't the X almost the same size of the current model except the height? Where did the extra 200lbs come from? Most all other manufactures are saving weight, not adding. :-o

EVO Neil
01-09-2007, 08:54 AM
Let me repeat this again since several of you mentioned the weight gain.

"Lastly it gained weigh due to tougher crash standards it now has to meet. Why do you think we don't have any '07 Evo's? Correct, they wouldn't meet the latest side impact standards. So part of that weight gain had to happen just to sell it here , the other part is that is a slightly larger car than the previous Evo. Some many conclusions are jumped to without even thinking about the reasons why."

DruMMinStUd06
01-09-2007, 09:14 AM
its probably the color they keep showing it in or something...but the exterior from a glance looks a lot like the chassis of a neon. maybe its just me... :idiot2:

http://images.leftlanenews.com/content/14-2008-mitsubishi-prototype-x.jpg

http://www.thecarconnection.com/images/gallery/tmb/6632_image.jpg

:-o

i like my IX

+1

gevo
01-09-2007, 09:14 PM
i likey

ebevo
01-09-2007, 09:53 PM
looks like they are carrying over the same brake calipers & bilstein suspension

it would suck to be the 3rd person sitting in the back seat

the gauge cluster & cover remind of a mazda 3 :D

not digging the new recaro front seats

overall the appearance is not bad...starting to grow on me

what is the "start/stop" & "reset" button on the left side of the steering wheel...radio functions?

evoCS
01-10-2007, 10:14 AM
^^^ I think the "start/stop" & "reset" buttons are for the little chronograph in the middle of the intstrument panel. I'm not sure, but it looks to be a bit of "concept" frou-frou that may not make production

ryan78
01-11-2007, 03:57 PM
wow! what a beautiful design overall inside out. i love it! it looks more refined especially with the interior. i am foreseeing some of us current evo VIII and IX owners are upgrading to or adding the evo X, XI, or XII as their car in the future and many more current non-evo owners will be having evos in their driveways. but inspite of all of that, i will still have my current evo VIII coz i'm pretty happy with it.