PDA

View Full Version : Sirius Radio

PSI
01-09-2007, 10:16 AM
Has anyone installed Sirius Radio and directly connected it to the stock head unit successfully? I do not want to us the FM direct connect... Thanks for your input.

wj4
01-09-2007, 08:00 PM
You can't do this because the stock head unit is not sirius or xm ready.
You need to get a head unit that is sirius ready. Then buy the kit for that particular head unit, the kit comes with cables, the tuner box, and the antenna. Once that kit is hooked up to the head unit, you call the 1-800 number and give them your radio ID which is on the kit to activate your service.

PSI
01-09-2007, 10:15 PM
thanks for the info... I had a feeling it was that way when I couldn't find any info on it.

steve j
03-09-2007, 03:11 PM
Just for further info for ya - if you are trying to save $$ on this - I picked up a quality Alpine HU on ebay for $100.00 (refurbished - I see NO reason NOT to get refurb). Sounds WAY better than the stock radio. Has direct satellite control, cd/mp3 compatable. Basially an upgrade to my previous Alpine (that was in my truck) I was too lazy to remove the head unit from my truck after the trade in - but I'll be darned if I was going to loose my sirius radio. LOL

Install was simple and quick.

PSI
04-19-2007, 08:30 AM
thanks