PDA

View Full Version : One-Time Member Clean-up?

S2myEVO
01-11-2007, 05:08 AM
well i was browsin through the member list and all i see is a bunch of one-time members who have made 0-5 posts.

shouldnt these profiles be deleted? does anyone care that they waste space? iono it bugs me though.

Admin? Mods? solution? I'll clean it if u dont want to. hahaha

Terenus
01-11-2007, 09:14 AM
ROFL, did you stay up all night?

Coolguy949
01-11-2007, 09:29 AM
There is no reason to delete these members. There's no way to know if they are going to return or not. We are implementing an official member program that will allow you to look up currently registered official members.

GokuSSJ4
01-11-2007, 09:41 AM
well i was browsin through the member list and all i see is a bunch of one-time members who have made 0-5 posts.

shouldnt these profiles be deleted? does anyone care that they waste space? iono it bugs me though.

Admin? Mods? solution? I'll clean it if u dont want to. hahaha
you also have to remember, that there some members that dont post at all but only read the boards...

One Evo Pinay
01-11-2007, 09:47 AM
Yeah but you can also see when the last time they were active was and stuff...

x[corwyn]
01-11-2007, 09:50 AM
I bet hes going to do a sort based off of last active. I think that will make you happy... Although you must have been really bored to be looking through the member list. Or are you trying to find Girls with Evos to hit on? ;)

S2myEVO
01-11-2007, 04:48 PM
hahahah!! no, just got bored. and i couldnt sleep. u guys bring up some good points but eh even if they werent members they could still look at the boards just not the classifieds right? unless you guys chagned that.

it was just a suggestion.

S2myEVO
01-11-2007, 04:49 PM
ROFL, did you stay up all night?

i stay up late, wake up late. LOL

Blaze
01-11-2007, 06:17 PM
I think members who've not been active for over a year could be removed.
If they come back, they probalby wouldn't remember their username/password anyway.

Still, it's probably more trouble for the admins then it's worth, considering it isn't really taking up that much space on the server.

Good idea though. Keep 'em coming! O0

x[corwyn]
01-11-2007, 07:56 PM
I think members who've not been active for over a year could be removed.
If they come back, they probalby wouldn't remember their username/password anyway.

Still, it's probably more trouble for the admins then it's worth, considering it isn't really taking up that much space on the server.

Good idea though. Keep 'em coming! O0

A script can be written up to remove those accounts after 365 days. Shouldnt be too hard. Even have a script that can e-mail those users after 200 days that their accounts will be removed soon too.

Coolguy949
01-12-2007, 09:01 AM
We already have a script that can remove inactive users. We don't really care though since it takes hardly any space to store their info in the database. Once we implement the new membership listing it will be much easier to weed out inactive members.

S2myEVO
01-12-2007, 01:38 PM
cool! glad to see this is going to work.