PDA

View Full Version : For Everyone thats been on SOW

WickedMR
01-12-2007, 01:12 PM
This will be my first track day!!! Are there any helpful hints that the instructional video doesn't give?

smokinevo9
01-12-2007, 01:28 PM
keep your eyes open and know your limits O0 O0

Skiracer
01-12-2007, 01:33 PM
http://www.socalevo.net/forum/index.php?topic=30436.0

Skiracer
01-12-2007, 01:35 PM
http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/userpics/11007/105-0572_IMG.JPG

EVO Neil
01-12-2007, 01:39 PM
Yeah, I'll give you a tip. Don't let any Porsche Owners Club instructors drive your Evo. Period, the end! You'll regret it and won't learn anything other than how to bake your Brembos and abuse your underinflated tires.

RPD_FKTARD
01-12-2007, 02:16 PM
http://www.socalevo.net/forum/index.php?topic=34768.0

GokuSSJ4
01-12-2007, 08:59 PM
Yeah, I'll give you a tip. Don't let any Porsche Owners Club instructors drive your Evo. Period, the end! You'll regret it and won't learn anything other than how to bake your Brembos and abuse your underinflated tires.
i remember that !!!!! LOL

Ricardon
01-12-2007, 09:58 PM
i remember that !!!!! LOL

post count +1

Mister Evo
01-19-2007, 12:17 AM
Also, don't let the instructors push you past the limits of your driving ability just because you have such a great car with limitless potential :-) I had a track day at the big track and my instructor had me and a guy in a considerably modded Supra.
Not to sound cocky but I was learning a bit quicker and driving a bit better. The instructor rode along with the guy and at the start of turn 4 lost control in front of me, over corrected and slammed into the wall. Off the track he said the the instructor was being pushy telling him he should be able to accelerate quite a bit more than my then stock car. I felt bad for the guy. His whole front end was smashed and at the very least his big greddy fmic was toast.

Granny Shifter
01-19-2007, 12:19 AM
Shicane!

EVO Neil
01-19-2007, 12:58 AM
Also, don't let the instructors push you past the limits of your driving ability just because you have such a great car with limitless potential :-) I had a track day at the big track and my instructor had me and a guy in a considerably modded Supra.
Not to sound cocky but I was learning a bit quicker and driving a bit better. The instructor rode along with the guy and at the start of turn 4 lost control in front of me, over corrected and slammed into the wall. Off the track he said the the instructor was being pushy telling him he should be able to accelerate quite a bit more than my then stock car. I felt bad for the guy. His whole front end was smashed and at the very least his big greddy fmic was toast.

Was it a POC instructor?

Mister Evo
01-19-2007, 01:12 AM

Was it a POC instructor?

When I first read your post I though you said "What is." But no, I don't think so although there was a PO group that day in the advanced group. He wasn't driving one though.

Mister Evo
01-19-2007, 01:17 AM
Oh yeah, just remembered one more thing that gets overlooked but is good advice from my experiences... watch your speed on the way there. I've gone the morning of and also the night before from the LA county/Riverside County areas and you'll probably see quite a few people that are heading there as well and some of them are probably more than willing to get into a speed contest with you. I know it's advice that fits in any condition but its a nice reminder under those circumstances.

Muramasa
01-30-2007, 03:48 PM
Yes.. go your limit.. I spun out on turn 2 -_-"

Ricardon
01-30-2007, 06:48 PM
Oh yeah, just remembered one more thing that gets overlooked but is good advice from my experiences... watch your speed on the way there.Â* I've gone the morning of and also the night before from the LA county/Riverside County areas and you'll probably see quite a few people that are heading there as well and some of them are probably more than willing to get into a speed contest with you.Â* I know it's advice that fits in any condition but its a nice reminder under those circumstances.

Seriously, this advice is just pure gold. Especially on Rosamond when you get off the 14 headed to the track. Soooooo many people get popped on the way to or home from the track. Realize that you are about to drive fast, or you just drve fast so no point in getting nailed before or after.

evoruff
05-11-2008, 10:02 PM
Well said there will be a cop hiding on the 14 waiting for you its a 2 lane hwy so theres no point man just wait a little while and you will be speeding all day and then have to drive back soo tired so save your energy and gas. The track is very demanding for the first time you will see things very fast so thats what he means by keeping your eyes open.

fastkevin
06-19-2008, 08:34 PM
Get a track map and study it. When you go out on the track for the first time, just try to learn where everything goes. After you've got that part down, learn where to brake, where to turn in, where the apex is, and where to come out. That should take you a while, and it's critical to learning any track, let alone the first one you're on. Forget about going fast if you wanna do it the right way. The speed will come.

evoruff
06-19-2008, 09:29 PM
just get familiar with you're car, the track is great cause it shows you the car's true potential that you cant ever see on the streets! Just know you're limits and work ure way up from there, but the stock evo is plenty capable.

CRX2EVO
06-20-2008, 02:29 PM
don't get discouraged when cars you think should be slower want to pass you