PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have warranty experience with any SD Mitsu dealerships? Help!

TeKiZeRo
01-14-2007, 12:05 AM
Sup peoples,
As the thread title states: I am just seeing if anyone has had any experience dealerships in SD like Poway, Carlsbad, Escondido, etc? I live in Escondido and am looking for a good dealership to do warranty work near me. I need some warranty work done because for some reason while I was driving the, a chunk of the oil bracket (the big metal block the oil filter connects to) broke off and all my oil leaked out. I was just cruising around when this happened =/. I don't drive hard AT ALL. I am usually 99% of the time I drive 5MPH under speed limit. Never tracked, dragged, etc. So I don't understand why this would happen? I am assuming the stock nut from factory that was there was over-torqued from factory and it caused too much stress over time. I am very sad :'(. Here are some pics:

http://www.redriot.net/evo/flange_1.jpg
http://www.redriot.net/evo/flange_2.jpg
http://www.redriot.net/evo/flange_3.jpg
http://www.redriot.net/evo/flange_4.jpg
http://www.redriot.net/evo/flange_5.jpg

Equinox
01-15-2007, 02:50 PM
Try Poway Mitsubishi. I had them fix a broken EGR under warranty and they did a great job.

gen4k20a2
01-15-2007, 03:21 PM
WOW!....good luck I hope you have no mods. If you have none....you should be set as long as they dont try to pull the whole well you damaged it thing. If they do...give them hell.

TeKiZeRo
01-15-2007, 03:46 PM
I took it Carlsbad because they were bigger and I went there before. I told them the situation over the phone and they said it would be covered. They sent a tow truck for me, took it there and said it would be ready in a few days :twisted:. I miss it already :(. The only mod I have on it right now is a catback.

Equinox
01-15-2007, 04:32 PM
Good luck, let me know when you get it back :)

CJS-IX-SE
01-15-2007, 08:03 PM
hope they dont try to screw you. Good luck.

gen4k20a2
01-15-2007, 11:09 PM
+++++1

HOLD THEM TO WHAT THEY TOLD YOU

wirespeed
01-15-2007, 11:24 PM
try el cajon. they are pretty lenient with mods

JoeyM3
01-16-2007, 12:11 AM
wow, didn't you just install some gauges too? thats crazy

TeKiZeRo
01-16-2007, 12:40 AM
Yeah, it kind of sucks. I told them specifically not to drive my car either without me there. Even for a test drive! They told me it would be covered over the phone, as well as after they inspected it. If they change their mind I will raise hell. I feel so bad leaving it there all alone :(.

The unit itself to replace isn't as bad as I thought. They said it was only $130 bucks and would take an hour to change out. I'm glad it wasn't anything major and just a minor thing like this.

JoeyM3
01-16-2007, 09:05 AM
sucks, hopefully they dont say anything about the gauges, did you install an oil pressure or temp sensor down there? im gonna get some defis soon with oil pressure, so i wanna know if i have to take any precautions when i install it O0

TeKiZeRo
01-16-2007, 11:09 AM
I mounted my gauges where the radio is supposed to be, but I put on my stock panel when I turned the car in. I didn't install the pressure/temp sensor yet because I was testing out the boost gauge when this happened.

You should look into getting the Greddy Sandwich Adapter for your sensors because its this little piece that goes in between the oil filter and the block itself, so you don't have to tap into the car.

Tarmac02
01-17-2007, 04:18 PM
Bob Baker in Carlsbad,... talk to Max, he's been handling my cars for 5 years from back when he ran BB's Subaru Service to now at Mitsu

TeKiZeRo
01-17-2007, 05:53 PM
Yah, I am talking to Max right now. He's a cool guy and has been trying to help me resolve this. It's getting a lot more complicated than I thought it would be.

gen4k20a2
01-17-2007, 05:55 PM
what is complicated about it?

TeKiZeRo
01-17-2007, 10:27 PM
Well, they said the won't do it because "they've never seen a case like this before". So I called the dealership and HQ back and forth so many times to try to make them warranty it. Now they want the missing parts so I have to dig in my oil pan with dirty oil to find it and give it to them. It's just becoming more of a hassle than I thought it would be. My car has been in the dealership for almost 4 days now because of this. Bah. But I am going to give them the broken parts tomorrow so they better warranty it..

gen4k20a2
01-17-2007, 10:36 PM
i knew that would happen. If they give you more hassle there is a number in the manual to contact a government agency. I have a feeling that mitsu is going to start being stupid and not warranty legit things that happen. If your case there was an obvious defect. They missed it in quality control. They are liable. they are now looking for an excuse. COME ON MITSU you are in the black now...at least show some respect to those that put you there.

TeKiZeRo
01-18-2007, 12:35 AM
Yah, I will be sure to mention the legal issues that are correlated by not covering my car with a legit broken part. They say it's never happened before so they shouldn't warranty it... but that doesn't mean it CAN'T happen, right? But thanks for your advice, I will take that into consideration. I don't want to fork up $800 bucks for something I didn't do.

JoeyM3
01-18-2007, 02:13 PM
sucks, hope you get it resolved soon

TeKiZeRo
01-18-2007, 08:52 PM
I got it back today :). The only thing I had to pay for was for the oil filter and oil. They charged me $70 bucks :(. But I got it back though! And they warrantied it, yay!

Equinox
01-19-2007, 12:18 AM
Glad you were able to get everything fixed under warranty, even though you had to pay for an oil change. :(

TeKiZeRo
01-19-2007, 01:24 AM
Yah! Kinda sucks, but it beats paying $800 bucks though.

EVOL EDO
01-19-2007, 10:33 AM
hahaha, gay, if they had to change it because of the warranty issue they should have paid for the fluids too. oh wells better than nothing though.

gen4k20a2
01-19-2007, 04:32 PM
ya you should have complained about that.....that makes no sense that you have to pay for fluids. outrageous

TeKiZeRo
01-20-2007, 02:55 PM
Oh well. Nothing I can do now =/

Equinox
01-20-2007, 10:21 PM
Just out of curiosity, did the dealership give any indication as to why this happened?

TeKiZeRo
01-20-2007, 11:25 PM
Just manufacturer defect, a bad part... It happens :|. My car feels a lot better after the fix for some reason though; so I can't complain :D.