PDA

View Full Version : Good beginner cameras

mister thura
01-17-2007, 08:55 PM
I'm looking for a good beginner camera for taking pictures of the car. I was thinking of a beginner SLR camera or some sorts? Can somebody lead me in the right direction go head?

GokuSSJ4
01-18-2007, 10:46 AM
they even have some specials on some of the nikon SLR's..
you have options like the D40 or D50 at a great price... if you dont want to spend too much on a high quality camera.

andyluk
01-22-2007, 04:14 AM
therez always canon to contrast with nikon's....
the new Rebel XTi (aka 400d) seem like a good deal, u can do pretty much things that a pro can do!

ps. i found out that great quality pix not only needs a nice camera body and good skills...but also need a great quality lens that can always kil ur wallet easily (thatz why i can go get some lenses that are other than the stock one yet..)

DTunedEvoX
01-22-2007, 10:41 AM
+1 to a d40 .. I own a d50 and

GokuSSJ4
01-22-2007, 11:10 AM
therez always canon to contrast with nikon's....
the new Rebel XTi (aka 400d) seem like a good deal, u can do pretty much things that a pro can do!

ps. i found out that great quality pix not only needs a nice camera body and good skills...but also need a great quality lens that can always kil ur wallet easily (thatz why i can go get some lenses that are other than the stock one yet..)
but how much is the canon rebel ?
isnt that thing around 700-800 (depending on where you purchased at)
the d40 (somewhere in the 400-500 range) d50 (500-600 range) with the difference you can even purchase a better lens ...

jayvolution
01-22-2007, 11:33 AM
although i would prefer a Canon, i would definitly get a Nikon for their great prices. with the money you save you can use it on better lenses and other accesories you may need. i think the quality and contruction on the Nikon's are almost as good as Canon's.

since your just beginning you dont need to pick up a $900 SLR. so yeah go with a nikon d40 or d50 if you want to spend a bit more cash. when my gf and i picked up a d50 we got a package deal that included 2 lenses from Ritz Camera for around $700. dont know if theyre still running the same special.

GokuSSJ4
01-22-2007, 12:00 PM
although i would prefer a Canon, i would definitly get a Nikon for their great prices. with the money you save you can use it on better lenses and other accesories you may need. i think the quality and contruction on the Nikon's are almost as good as Canon's.

since your just beginning you dont need to pick up a $900 SLR. so yeah go with a nikon d40 or d50 if you want to spend a bit more cash. when my gf and i picked up a d50 we got a package deal that included 2 lenses from Ritz Camera for around $700. dont know if theyre still running the same special.
what kind of lenses did you get ? need specs LOL

mister thura
01-22-2007, 05:23 PM
hmm so nikon d40 and 50 would be ideal for me? They seem like a good price range too.. being in the < 500 area lol

DTunedEvoX
01-26-2007, 12:12 PM
hmm so nikon d40 and 50 would be ideal for me? They seem like a good price range too.. being in the < 500 area lol

Shameless plug for myself but hey- gotta do what you gotta do

http://www.socalevo.net/forum/index.php?topic=37095.0

jayvolution
01-26-2007, 12:23 PM

what kind of lenses did you get ? need specs LOL

i'll get the specs on the lenses for you when i get home.

The Emperor
01-26-2007, 12:29 PM
get the rebel Xti

trust me..you'll probably wouldnt upgrade in a long time

OLIVER IX
01-27-2007, 02:56 AM
if you go with a nikon get the d50, way more lenses available then the d40, if you get the d50 from ritz camera they will give you a smoking deal, on a bag/camera/lenses/anything.

ankaka
04-04-2012, 11:35 PM
Have a look at Canon PowerShot A495.
Canon PowerShot A495 has created a camera that's pretty easy for beginners to use with good entry-level photography features. It works especially well for shooting photos in outdoor lighting. A below-average LCD screen is the biggest disappointment, and the A495's shutter lag will cost you a few spontaneous photos. However, the camera's other features are good enough for a model in its price range. I like the PowerShot A495's clean, sharp look. It's available in red, blue, or silver camera bodies, trimmed in a curved black stripe along the side and top of the camera. The lens retracts completely inside the camera. The PowerShot A495 is a little thicker than some new models, measuring 1.2 inches.

evobros
04-05-2012, 01:31 AM
Did u look at the date on this?^^^ FAIL

asevo9
04-05-2012, 03:37 AM
LMAO