PDA

View Full Version : warranty issue

HiDesertRat114
01-18-2007, 10:46 AM
Hello everyone, just bought IX gsr TB is it true that you have to get the oil change at the dealership or it will void the warranty.Thanks..another pinoy w/ EVO

EVO Neil
01-18-2007, 11:28 AM
You'll have to be able to prove you performed the minimum recommeneded maintenance if required to do so for a warranty repair especially if related to the possible warrantied component.

HiDesertRat114
01-18-2007, 01:04 PM
so.. If I do the oil change myself and keep the reciept for the mobil 1 and log it in the manual will it be o.k.

EVO Neil
01-19-2007, 08:46 AM
You should check with the service manager from your local dealer.

Ricardon
01-19-2007, 06:01 PM
Bump the check with the service manager. However, I went outside and asked the service manager for you. He said its totally fine to change your oil yourself as long as you keep your receipts and make some sort of log with date/time/mileage etc to go along with your receipts.

diegoalunan
01-19-2007, 06:45 PM
congrats on the tb evo u got.. i almost got a tb one myself but decided to go "WICKED"/// pinoy power!

Blaze
01-19-2007, 06:51 PM
I had a friend blow his motor in his 03 a while back. It wasn't heavily modded.
The dealer gave him some BS about never having changed his oil.
He produced all the receipts and they cut him a deal.
He had to pay for part, but not all of it.

It can go either way. It depends on the dealer, really. So go with one that is SoCal friendly.

Blaze

blanklett28
02-09-2007, 05:27 PM
So what if i did the oil change, transmission flush, rotate the tires, and change the transfer case fluid myself?
will that void the warranty. its easy to do and i save alot of money by doing it.

EVO Neil
02-09-2007, 07:05 PM
The money you save by doing maintenance yourself isn't worth the risk if you do need a warranty on expensive items like trannys and engines. I wrote service at the dealers for 10 years, ask me why I do ALL my service at the dealers.

evolution05mr
02-12-2007, 01:01 AM
Quick question evo neil, i purchased my evo 8 used...the wing is done for on the topside...is it still covered under warranty?, as in can i get a new one to replace? thanks

EVO Neil
02-12-2007, 06:41 AM
Quick question evo neil, i purchased my evo 8 used...the wing is done for on the topside...is it still covered under warranty?, as in can i get a new one to replace? thanks

It depends on the year and if the car is still under warranty. If your car is still under warranty then I don't see why not. Call HB Mitsu with your VIN and Doug should be able to tell you.

blanklett28
02-12-2007, 11:32 AM
so pretty much i have to have it service by the dealership, if i want something to be fix
under warranty? By then again the dealership will try a way to make you pay. and blame
it us like its your fault that you etc, etc....