PDA

View Full Version : Who Does Your Oil Change???

nicklulu
01-18-2007, 03:01 PM
Most of us here in the forums hear what great price South Coast Mitsu or HB offer in oil changes. but how about here in San Diego??? Where do you guys get your oil changes from?

:mitsu: If you are a do it yourself, where do you buy your oil filters/washers from? How much does it cost?Â* :?

Please state the following:

:mitsu: Name of the shop and location
:mitsu: Price
:mitsu: Your rating and any additional comments you think that would help other members to know

So far I did my 5K myself and El Cajon Mitsu did the 7,500 for free (since i got that free oil change card)

BTW, for do it yourself'ers? there is a sale on 5 quart jugs for MOBIL1 @ Walmart for $18.99!!!! It's usually $22&something cents,Â* I already bought 6 for my stock for the year.Â* O0

kimletrim
01-18-2007, 03:04 PM
I take mime to Jiffy Lube. They have me in and out of there in 10 minutes! And they assured me they used the synthetic stuff too!

ArBizZzLe
01-18-2007, 03:08 PM
hahhah

nicklulu
01-18-2007, 04:46 PM
I take mime to Jiffy Lube. They have me in and out of there in 10 minutes! And they assured me they used the synthetic stuff too!

how much?

wirespeed
01-18-2007, 04:54 PM
I usually get my mobil 1 at Walmart and filters at the dealership.

As for a good shop you can trust, there is this guy named Tony that owns Econo Lube n Tube in Chula Vista. Â*He owns both an 8 MR and a STI. Â*He is a very cool guy with good customer service. Â*Many of the AWJunkies guys recommend him when I use to live in SD.

bbar
01-18-2007, 04:56 PM
Yeah, Walmart has awesome deals on Mobil 1 if you buy the 6 quart container. I wouldn't trust them to change your oil though. I took one of my old cars there a few years back because 1) it's super cheap and 2) I was thinking, "How can you f up and oil change?" Walmart somehow managed. They stripped my oil pan bolt down to one thread.

pog0
01-18-2007, 10:14 PM
Do it yourself!!!!! I buy the 5 quart jug for 22 bucks at Wal Mart. I bought a Fumoto Valve for a tool-less oil change in 10-15 minutes. Cleaning up is the hardest part.

TeKiZeRo
01-18-2007, 10:16 PM
I do my own oil change. $23 bucks for 5 QT of oil from Wal Mart, and $10 bucks for the oil filter and crush washer at any mitsu dealer. Takes 15 minutes to do it.

JoeyM3
01-18-2007, 10:46 PM
im also one of those DIY'ers, cheap and effective, but sometimes i get lazy and go over a bit lol. . . :uglystupid2:

Lancer EVO IX
01-18-2007, 10:50 PM
i do it myself.Â* i think i could do it in about 15-20 minutes after the car has been properly cooled down.Â* it's very easy to change the oil on evo's and i'm not very mechanically inclined.....ask some of the socalevo members. :2funny: plus it's a helluva lot cheaper to change ur own oil, oil filter, and gasket. buy ur oil filters and gaskets in bulk at hb/sc/lb mitsu for a bigger discount.

Timujin
01-18-2007, 11:33 PM
I do my own oil change. $23 bucks for 5 QT of oil from Wal Mart, and $10 bucks for the oil filter and crush washer at any mitsu dealer. Takes 15 minutes to do it.

Yeah what he said.

nicklulu
01-18-2007, 11:38 PM
Do it yourself!!!!! I buy the 5 quart jug for 22 bucks at Wal Mart. I bought a Fumoto Valve for a tool-less oil change in 10-15 minutes. Cleaning up is the hardest part.

I've been using fumoto on my cars for years now, except for the evo. Oil temp sensor issue. Probably when i change gauges or when i can relocated that darn sensor somewhere else. OIL IS ON SALE @ walmart right now $18!!!!

I know over @ SC/HB/Lb has good deals on oil change, but how about here in San Diego County?

So far, i contacted couple of dealerships here. Best one is El Cajon Mitsu. $20.00 out the door, bring your own oil, they will provide the filter and the crush washer. i don't know if they will rotate the tires for that though

91_gsx
01-19-2007, 12:14 AM
i do it myself, but when my car is dirty and i don't feel like washing my car i take it to ball mitsubishi and my buddy changes the oil and i have them wash the car for free...hehe

Equinox
01-19-2007, 12:15 AM
I buy my Mobil1 at Costco and then take the car to Poway Mitsu to do the actual oil change. Â*They usually charge only $21 for the oil filter, crush washer, and labor of course. Â*Call me lazy...

The other reason I take it in is so I have records for all the service done on my car.

JDMC-WestEVO
01-19-2007, 12:30 AM
i run Royal Purple because i've seen dyno numbers to prove more hp and trq BUT thats not the reason. i drive my car REALLY REALLY hard as anyone who knows me would kno that turbo is glowing red at least twice a day. canyons everyday to school and home from school :). so i dont think mobile 1 can handle that much stress. i do it myself because i like to drain fluid then fill it with new oil let it idle for a few minutes then drain it and fill with more new oil :) so its like flushing engine everytime. idk about u guys but my oil gets BLACK after like 1000 miles my .02

Granny Shifter
01-19-2007, 12:36 AM
Turbo turning red twice a day... maybe you should go easy on your car... :?

ASSALBERT
01-19-2007, 01:03 AM
i run Royal Purple because i've seen dyno numbers to prove more hp and trq BUT thats not the reason. i drive my car REALLY REALLY hard as anyone who knows me would kno that turbo is glowing red at least twice a day. canyons everyday to school and home from school :). so i dont think mobile 1 can handle that much stress. i do it myself because i like to drain fluid then fill it with new oil let it idle for a few minutes then drain it and fill with more new oil :) so its like flushing engine everytime. idk about u guys but my oil gets BLACK after like 1000 miles my .02
royal purple tends to get black alot quicker than alot of other fully synthetic oils but it normal because of the purple coloring of the oil, for some reason it tends to blacken quicker but it doesnt mean theres anything wrong w/ it. btw when you flush, instead of idling your car, you should go drive it for a few miles then flush it.

chavo_del_8
01-19-2007, 01:07 AM

As for a good shop you can trust, there is this guy named Tony that owns Econo Lube n Tube in Chula Vista. He owns both an 8 MR and a STI. He is a very cool guy with good customer service. Many of the AWJunkies guys recommend him when I use to live in SD.

Is this the one on the corner of L st. & Broadway?

nicklulu
01-19-2007, 08:06 AM

As for a good shop you can trust, there is this guy named Tony that owns Econo Lube n Tube in Chula Vista. He owns both an 8 MR and a STI. He is a very cool guy with good customer service. Many of the AWJunkies guys recommend him when I use to live in SD.

This is what I'm talking about. Fellas, help our other brothas out by giving us referrals to where you think the service is price right and the work is good. Don't forget to give the location if possible (address will help, or at least landmarks). All shared info's will be greatly appreciated O0

JD_Z28
01-19-2007, 09:24 AM
For the best price Walmart FTW O0

EVOMANIAC
01-20-2007, 03:21 PM
In San Diego go to Econo Lube N Tune in National City on 2nd Street. The guy to see is Tony or Miguel. Tony has an '05 MR and an '04 Sti. I think its about $65 for the change and they use OEM filter and crush washer from the dealer. You can definitely trust this place. He is the only one that I let work on my car.

305spool
01-20-2007, 08:43 PM
I go to the hobby shop on a marine corp base. They rent lifts for 5 dollars an hour. I buy mobil 1 oil from wal mart. Mobil1 filter from Kragen's.

On a side note my buddy popped the hood of his Cobra to show his friend the engine bay and noticed that Mossy Ford forgot to put the oil cap back on his car. He's been driving like this for two weeks. Oil all over the engine bay. That is why you should do your own work. Regardless if they'll warranty it you don't want stupid crap like that happening.

Granny Shifter
01-21-2007, 02:01 AM
hello 305spool. Saw you at RRE (Kevin).

wirespeed
01-21-2007, 02:24 AM

yes it is.Â* Here is there info:
Econo Lube n' Tube
619-420-6850
903 Broadway
Chula Vista, CA 91911

I think EvoManiac is talking about the same place since it is right on the border line of National City and Chula Vista.

nlakind
01-21-2007, 02:35 AM
South Coast Mitsubishi in Costa Mesa on Harbor Blvd. It costs $39.99 + tax

I live in LA & I think it's worth the drive...They're really great there & usually do it pretty quick!

305spool
01-21-2007, 09:11 PM
hello 305spool. Saw you at RRE (Kevin).

Whats up man, you had the 8 with the 9 front end with cams correct?

Granny Shifter
01-21-2007, 11:04 PM
Yup. How are you doing?

swimmer160
01-28-2007, 01:03 PM
$40 for a case of mobil 1 at autozone, buying the case gets you a free mobil 1 oil filter. I got it at the AutoZone on Mira Mesa, right in that shopping complex deal.

EVO Neil
01-28-2007, 02:08 PM
Huntington Beach Mitsubishi. Always at the dealer.

mizzEVOthang
01-28-2007, 02:26 PM
Oil change at home: Mobile 1 at Walmart & Oil Filter at SRT in Costa Mesa

Years ago, I took my old bmw to Walmart for an oil change. They also stripped my oil pan. But the mobile 1 oil is very cheap there.

nicklulu
01-28-2007, 02:35 PM
I do appreciate all the input. Unfortunately, it seems that some of you guys did not read the fist post. As stated on that first post and where this thread is, It would really help if you guys recommend locations here in SAN DIEGO COUNTY. I do thank the input like oil change from HB Mitsu, since I got My Evo there, but 300 miles round trip that's almost 10% of the oil change.