PDA

View Full Version : Everyone's Opinion, Please...

rsquared_ii
01-19-2007, 12:04 AM
hey everyone im sure your all getting tired of my n00b questions but i would like to ask in what order should i buy my parts...so far i have

-HKS hi power catback
-helix downpipe and testpipe
-K&N intake

from now until april this is what i plan on buying:
(in this order)

-Helix O2 housing
-Perrin upper IC piping
-Evo 9 20g turbo
-Perrin FMIC

I'm new to the whole performance part of my car i've been into the looks of my '03 8...If there is anything you guys suggest on me getting before, in between, or after these mods I would appreciate everyone's opinion on this. Thanks

-Rusti

JDMC-WestEVO
01-19-2007, 12:08 AM
there is a set "stage" of wat u should do and the order to get it.Â* Dr. Gray stages are the way to go.Â* TBE which u have, K&N filter u have u need injectors, cams, and tune.Â* o2 housing from invidia is much bigger than anything else out there and provides much larger gain.Â* the evo 9 20g is not a good choice for turbo upgrade.Â* i would recomend the forced performance GREEN turbo. if anything or just save up for a 3076R or GT35R depending on wat u want to do with car, canyon, track, drag.Â* the IC piping i would recomend using Nisei for that AND their intercooler.Â* they are proven to be the best fit and yield largest gains.Â* all this stuff is available threw sam at SRT Motorsports O0 good luck PM me if u have any other questions

Granny Shifter
01-19-2007, 12:15 AM
My advice would be to contact some of the vendors like Road Race Engineering, Tuning Technologies, SRT, etc. They will tell you proven mod paths that people have seen gains with. Forums are forums. People have their own opinions but these shops will accomodate your needs as a new enthusiast.

trinydex
01-19-2007, 12:48 AM
here is what i recommend.

cheap ass dp thats not helix

some sort of 3" cat solution, stock cat with 3" flanges, hiflo, rallicat i dont care.

no intake kit, just a panel filter.

o2 housing, one of the cheap ones.

nisei intercooler, nisei upper and lower intercooler pipes.

evo9 turbo and a tune.

dont' forget boost controller and fuel pump.

Granny Shifter
01-19-2007, 02:20 PM
injectors?

RPD_FKTARD
01-19-2007, 05:30 PM
injectors are not needed for ecu flash

Ricardon
01-19-2007, 05:44 PM
Tooooooooooooooon it NOW. Screw all those other parts. I mean, they are cool upgrades and all, but you're going to see the biggest gains from a solid toooooooon. Fuel pump and injectors are a plus, but not necessarily necessary (I love aliteration).

kimletrim
01-19-2007, 05:45 PM
You're going to get opinions all over the map as to what direction to take. There is however a general starting point, and that would be exhuast and boost contoller. After that point, I think there are many paths to take.

Probably the more prudent thing ask would be, "What mods should I not do first?" And among the first things on that list will be: Do not get a BOV, Do not get a cone air intake, and the list goes on.

mifesto
01-21-2007, 05:42 PM
heres my take

1. your "stage 1" is fine
2. dont bother w/ 20g evo9 turbo... just get the regular 9 turbo
3. ebay o2 instead of helix
4. boost controller and fuel pump is a must.
5. i would push the IC pipe and FMIC for alil later down the road.... after this get an ecu flash. if u dont know which vendor u wanna go w/ this, guess u got alot of research to do hehe

mifesto
01-21-2007, 05:48 PM
oh and get a bov so u can hear the WOOOSHHHH! hahah just kidding