PDA

View Full Version : TBD win, beat the ticket

bigbeast46
01-19-2007, 01:06 AM
Thanks for all the posts on how to TBD, ive been to some meets in long beach and ontario but i work swing shift so i dont make it out much,

after work i was heading home made a left turn gave it a little gas not speeding and was in full control of the vehicle when i notice a sheriff comming the opposite way, my BOV goes off he flips a U and gives me a ticket for unsafe turn, saying im letting you off easy i can give you a ticket for exhibition of speed blah blah blah i dont say a word other than where do i sign.

my defense was basic i didnt speed was in full control. the sheriff on the other hand
1. was heading toward a red light. 2. was following behind another car. 3. was about 100 yards away when i was making the turn. so i didint think he could have enough attention on my while turning to make an accurate judgement.

this was back in october. they set the court thing for december. a week b4 that date i requested a tbd the gave a 30 day ext. turned it in end of december decision 2-3 weeks later now i just have to wait for my mother fn money back

woo hooo yea me, thanks for the help
my TBD, this was my ruff draft the final was slightly different

I respectfully submit this written declaration to the Court pursuant to CVC40902. I plead Not Guilty to the charge of violating CVC22107.

The facts of my case are as follows: Conditions were clear skys and very light traffic. A couple of minutes before 11pm on October 11, 2006 I was heading north on Woodruff turned on my left turn signal and stopped at a red light at the corner of Woodruff and South. Once the light was green I proceeded to turn and headed west on South Street. During this time I was not speeding, and had full control of my vehicle and was not making any jerking or unsafe movement.

The sheriff deputy was heading east on South Street following behind another vehicle about 100 yards from the light when I was making my turn. The sheriff then proceeded to make a U turn followed me past the next street light at the corner of South and Bellflower. I turned on my turn signal to make a right turn, then the deputy turned on his lights and pulled me over.

The sheriff deputy was approximately 100 yards from the intersection, heading towards a red light and was also following several car lengths behind another vehicle while I was making my turn. The deputy could not have full attention on my actions due to these factors.

I trust in the Court's fairness and believe that my citation should be dismissed in the interest of justice. If the court does not find in my favor this case, I request a fine reduction and a Court assignment to attend traffic school.

I declare under penalty of perjury under the laws of the State of California that the foregoing is true and correct.

darkevo
01-19-2007, 01:27 AM
so you were found not guilty?Â* I just beat one myself but it was "dismissed", so I guess I will never know if my defense was good enough, but I'll take it!Â* TBD rules! I extended it over 8 months and never had to go to court!Â* I would always remcommend TBD for any ticket you get, and if you lose, then you can request the regular court way if you want to take it further!

:mitsu:

bigbeast46
01-19-2007, 01:32 AM
ok mine was also dismissed, i keep my money no points or traffic skewl i consider it a win. and that was my thinking too even if i lost that i could get another trial in person or just go for the traffic school

Blaze
01-19-2007, 12:17 PM
Please post up your TBD (leave out any personal info like your name and address) and we'll add it to the existing sticky thread.

Thanks, and congrats!

Blaze

gen4k20a2
01-19-2007, 12:45 PM
file a complaint with the police department against the police officer. Tell them your case was dismissed and that you feel that the officer was sterotyping or soemthing along those lines.

Stick it back to him...then at the bottom tell them you are letting them off easy because you could have sent a complaint to the DA and the governor.

Blaze
01-19-2007, 01:12 PM
You could also have motioned to find the officer in contemp (in court as well as in the TBD).
Whether it is justified or not, it's not likely to work though....

gen4k20a2
01-19-2007, 01:43 PM
either way itll bring attention to him by his supervisors. hell know you complained. Then hell think twice before writting a dumb ticket and saying those things

Blaze
01-19-2007, 01:46 PM
either way itll bring attention to him by his supervisors. hell know you complained. Then hell think twice before writting a dumb ticket and saying those things

That is very true. Filing a complaint is different.
The more complaints that are filed against him/her, the better.
Not so much for you, but for someone else further down the line.

Gen is 100% right on that one O0

gnulooks
02-01-2007, 02:21 AM
I like the TBD's you guys are sending in to the judge, but the only reason you are probably winning is because most officers are not submitting their written statements of fact. One way to find out would be to go to the court web site for your county and look at the court minutes to see how you won your case.

juicyjusee
02-01-2007, 06:25 AM
i'm fighting my ticket by TBD and let's hope i win

KPNITRL
02-05-2007, 06:13 PM
Congrats on the win. I just got a letter back from the courts about mine. Too bad they claimed I was guilty.

j_nizzle
02-05-2007, 06:18 PM
Congrats on the win. I just got a letter back from the courts about mine. Too bad they claimed I was guilty.

what did you do!?