PDA

View Full Version : evo X vs. 335i convertible

kipper215
01-25-2007, 11:43 AM
which one would you choose and why. I've been looking at the evo X and it looks promising. I've also been looking at the 335i convertible. I know they are very different cars, but I am still undecided :-\ I wonder if the 10 will come with two piece rotors. I like the seats too. with the 3-series it's a convertible and the motor has a lot of potential. is there anyone else planning on getting the 10 when it comes out?

Unstroked
01-25-2007, 11:48 AM
kipper go with the New BMW M3... I know that was not any of the choices, but its is so beautiful... And a V-8...

RPD_FKTARD
01-25-2007, 12:21 PM
huh?
when do you plan to buy the car?
you do know that the X is not coming out until end of next year right?

x[corwyn]
01-25-2007, 12:29 PM
Its pretty hard to decide between cars when they arent out yet. Unless you have a severe boner to be the first Evo X here or something I would wait almost a year after the first cars are here to get one. Then you will be informed enough and see enough reviews and get driver's input to make an informed decision. Otherwise its all heresy.

1WkdEvo
01-25-2007, 12:41 PM
It's heresy to talk about cars not out yet ;-) j/k bro

x[corwyn]
01-25-2007, 12:47 PM
It's heresy to talk about cars not out yet ;-) j/k bro

You can talk about it, but asking which one to buy is a tad.... Silly. Im just as excited as the next guy. The new Supra looks tits! The new Evo looks bitchen too. And the new S2000 and the 350z. All very interesting and exciting cars. But I have a bitchen car right now, and until I see the actual live entities Im not going to consider any of them...because there is the possibility they could suck ass too. I submit for your reference the 3rd gen Eclipse, after one of the coolest cars I have had the pleasure to own was a 2nd gen, and then seeing that.... It was a major let down. And it was talked up a lot too.

wj4
01-25-2007, 12:54 PM
IMO the X looks horrible. I'm trading in my 8 for a 335i, just have to wait for it to get shipped to the dealership.

To the guy telling the OP to get an M3. LOL...the price is a tad bit higher than his options, man. The 335i fully loaded is already $50,000.

BHCevo
01-25-2007, 12:55 PM
If the X is anything like the IX then they will be very different cars. They only look "similar" on paper. Drive both and it should be apparent which you prefer.

Keep in mind that the evo will be a good 20k+ cheaper than the bmw...which also suggests that this is an apples to oranges comparison.

Stock to stock the bmw will be heavier, "faster", more expensive, more luxury, much less moddable.

I put "faster" in quotes because it depends on your definition: acceleration at freeway speeds? Launch? 1/4 mile time?

The bmw and evo probably will have peak torque/hp (crank) numbers that are i quite similar. Having said this, the bmw will have a better (longer) power band and flatter torque curve because of its much larger displacement. It will also be heavier than the mitsu which could help in a comparison. In any case, a highly boosted 2.0 liter and a moderately boosted Â*6 cylinder, both state of the art, will offer very different experiences.

I havent seen the 335i convertible but I've seen a hardtop 335i on the road.

wj4
01-25-2007, 12:58 PM
I havent seen the 335i convertible but I've seen a hardtop 335i on the road.
the convertible model will be hard top, like the Benz SL...no longer a rag top.

They aren't out yet, but dealerships already started taking in deposits for production slots.

1WkdEvo
01-25-2007, 01:04 PM
I agree, I was just playing with you because I think you meant to say hear say as opposed to heresy. Heresy would mean/imply it was spiritually unholy or against God to speak about it. I'm not the grammar Police since I probably screwed up 5 times in this post, but it was just funny because it actually had a meaning used incorrectly. The Eclipse is a great example of the next gen getting worse each time and I have two initial gripes about the X. 1. Same engine as Caliber possibility sucks. Now we are all just SRT-4's. Imagine how much fun the Suby guys will have with that if it happens 2. Might be better stock to stock than IX, but mods will take a while to trickle down on a whole new format, so in reality we are probably talking 2-4 years before the full range of mods are available. Certain things will be easy, but many will not be. That means I get to keep the IX for 3 years, watch what happens with the new X stock, then see if the supporting mods have enough of an impact to make it worth buying. It also allows me time to see the new G35, Supra (Maybe), Challenger, and Ugly ass Camaro

BHCevo
01-25-2007, 01:09 PM
I've never cared for ragtop beemers.

Maybe the hardtop convertible will be less fugly to me.

kipper215
01-25-2007, 02:08 PM
the new M3 will be about 70 grand my budget will be between 55 -60 grand. I would love to get an M3, but when it touches the showroom floor I expect a 10K markup as well.

smokinevo9
01-25-2007, 02:17 PM
just get yourself a used Ferrari or something and keep your evo.

kipper215
01-25-2007, 02:19 PM
I thought the evo X will be out at the end of this year. the 335i convert. will be out I think by april which is just around the corner. I looked at the 335i sedan fully loaded and they wanted 45k. the coupe is 50k. the convert. 55k. I still feel a little mixed about the 10. I want to know what will actually make it to production.

kipper215
01-25-2007, 02:21 PM
just get yourself a used Ferrari or something and keep your evo.

LOL... I would just love to pay 5k every 5000 miles on a 360 modena.

kipper215
01-25-2007, 02:21 PM
I could go Magnum PI style.

smokinevo9
01-25-2007, 02:22 PM
yo kip u know u could find one for around 80-100k for a 360 and you know its worth it O0

RPD_FKTARD
01-25-2007, 02:23 PM
I thought the evo X will be out at the end of this year. the 335i convert. will be out I think by april which is just around the corner. I looked at the 335i sedan fully loaded and they wanted 45k. the coupe is 50k. the convert. 55k. I still feel a little mixed about the 10. I want to know what will actually make it to production.

March 2008 as a 2009 model....it's been posted about 6,000 times (5,999 of those by me) on this board.

smokinevo9
01-25-2007, 02:24 PM
im planning to get me a Lambo in like five years or so want i really want is a Diablo a orange or lime green someting funky :smitten:

kipper215
01-25-2007, 02:42 PM
im planning to get me a Lambo in like five years or so want i really want is a Diablo a orange or lime green someting funky :smitten:

it's kind of far from you, but you should try to go to the PAG meet in irvine. I saw a diablo there in a metallic yellow and the interior was all carbon. my goal is a ferrari in the future. even if it's just for a short time. A good friend of mine had a 360 with a bunch of mods i could hear him coming from three blocks away that thing was loud but sick sounding. he sold it and got a gallardo. he explained the maint. thing to me and what it cost. crasy dollars. i think PAG is right up your alley. lots of business there.

kipper215
01-25-2007, 02:44 PM

March 2008 as a 2009 model....it's been posted about 6,000 times (5,999 of those by me) on this board.

that answers a lot for me.

smokinevo9
01-25-2007, 03:08 PM
pm me some info on PAG O0

fusionchicken
01-25-2007, 03:36 PM
]
Its pretty hard to decide between cars when they arent out yet. Unless you have a severe boner to be the first Evo X here or something I would wait almost a year after the first cars are here to get one. Then you will be informed enough and see enough reviews and get driver's input to make an informed decision. Otherwise its all heresy.

quote for truth.

Ricardon
01-25-2007, 04:37 PM
Chad is a heretic!! Kip, go drive the bimmer if they'll let you. Wait a second...black guy driving a bmw...sure that's a good idea brother? I guess it really depends on what you want the car for my friend. The evo is your toy now isn't it? Are you lookin for another toy, or an actual driver? You mentioned mods, so I guess it could be taken either way. I like the idea behind the bmw, just not sure it makes dollars and sense for what it is/costs.

x[corwyn]
01-25-2007, 04:47 PM
Chad is a heretic!!

Damn STRAIGHT! Suck it Trebek!

oldscholevo
02-07-2007, 12:22 PM
if the x come with 6 speed manual then I will go with it, if not then I will get the 335i. oh well....