PDA

View Full Version : Panel Beater

Driftmon
01-27-2007, 08:52 PM
Hey all,
Was wondering where in SD that anyone knows or trusts to take an Evo to a panel beater? I tried to find a flatter jacking point than what the owners manual suggests, so that I wouldnt have to make a dent into the jack points, but instead, I managed to push a part of the floor in, so that theres a hump in the drivers side footwell :'( ... if anyone knows where I could get this fixed(or for that matter, if you have an idea of how I could get it beaten down by myself, already tried a hammer on a piece of wood, piece of wood broke up) that would be much appreciated O0

Drift

smokinevo9
01-27-2007, 08:54 PM
one way i could tell you is to heat it up from the buttom and than bang it from the top O0

Driftmon
01-27-2007, 09:19 PM
hmmm, good thinking, but i would think that it would be quite a big heater to heat it enough to make it soft enough to have an impact.... btw, is that the correct terminology, a panel beater? that's what I put in the search, and searching through google with san diego panel beater doesn't come up with anything car related... coming from Australia, we use that term, not sure what the correct term is here :?

smokinevo9
01-27-2007, 09:30 PM
just go stop by any body shop im pretty sure they could bang it out for u with no prob.

Driftmon
01-27-2007, 10:44 PM
ahh, body shop, that's what it's called, lol, ok, will do my search on that, thanks! btw, just on a tangent, the drivers side footwell(well the area where you step into, not the area where the pedals are) is supposed to be fully flat right, it's not raised at all in any part?

Driftmon
01-28-2007, 10:27 AM
actually, i'll start another topic on that one, but if u guys do have any recommendations on a body shop, let me know, thanks

swimmer160
01-28-2007, 12:47 PM
I just got my car out of the shop a couple weeks ago, the place that I took it to was in Poway. It's called Auto Body Excellence. Mitsu actually recommended them to me. They did an outstanding job. Talk to Vince, real great.

Driftmon
01-28-2007, 09:26 PM
nice, thanks for the info! I was going to go somewhere south, but Poway is much closer, so will definitely give them a call

swimmer160
01-29-2007, 02:47 PM
no problem

Driftmon
02-02-2007, 10:36 PM
Just got it done from them, although Vince wasn't there anymore... but its flat again! :)

swimmer160
02-03-2007, 03:51 AM
cool beans...i like the work they did for mine too...and lifetime warranty on all the work they do! Love that!!!