PDA

View Full Version : oxigen Sensor (O2 Sensor) Need replacement or to get it fix

rolotech
01-28-2007, 04:00 AM
Hi everyone, I recentrly messed with my O2 sensor and seems not to fit anymore into the catalytic converter, I spoke to the Mitsubishi dealer and its like $480 to get it just in parts with out labor, anyone here know how to fix the O2 sensor, I was told that the sensor still works perfeect but it is not fitting back again.

Let me know anyone here ASAP I have the service engine Soon Light on and I don't like that.

Rolotech.

Gear Grinder
01-28-2007, 08:38 AM
Hi everyone, I recentrly messed with my O2 sensor and seems not to fit anymore into the catalytic converter, I spoke to the Mitsubishi dealer and its like $480 to get it just in parts with out labor, anyone here know how to fix the O2 sensor, I was told that the sensor still works perfeect but it is not fitting back again.

Let me know anyone here ASAP I have the service engine Soon Light on and I don't like that.

Rolotech.
Just get a small knife blade file, and chase the threads. It should then just screw back in. if the threads are screwed up on the cat, you can go buy a tap ($20) and chase the threads that way. If you need any help with this, let me know.

rolotech
01-28-2007, 03:45 PM
Good Idea, let me try and see what happen.

mifesto
02-15-2007, 06:55 PM
theres one of those thread chaser tools u can buy from many hardware tools. also if things get bad u can always just close it off and get a new bung tapped

trinydex
02-16-2007, 01:05 AM
you can rethread it with a die too