PDA

View Full Version : Wii games...haaaallllllp prrrzzz

Ricardon
01-30-2007, 01:51 PM
Ok, so little brother was struggling in school a bit (never has been the best student honestly).Â* The move from CA-TX was a little rough on him.Â* Anyway, I had a pretty serious discussion with him about his grades and then I tell him that if he pulls them up I'll hook him up with a couple of games for his new Wii.Â* Well, the little fucker just got straight A's on his last report card, so I have to put up or shut up now!Â* So...I need some help.Â* 9 year old boy.Â* Likes Halo and racing games...he doesn't really get into RPGs like his older brother.Â* Give me some ideas people.Â* Need 2 solid games to send to TX.Â* Thanks!

ultraflip
01-30-2007, 01:55 PM
its the freakin wii bro...

zelda... no doubt... cause it's zelda...
nfs carbon is o.k....

rayman's rabbit revenge whatever is pretty dope

the new warrior game is dope...

smash brothers is coming out soon...

etc

AvengeDEvO
01-30-2007, 02:15 PM
Oh man Zelda got a perfect 10! I was playing wii sports this weekend I think he would love it. If not get him the 360 a lot of the good games are coming out.

RPD_FKTARD
01-30-2007, 02:51 PM
zelda,
wario ware
excite truck is pretty interesting.
but he's 9 y/o ... is cartonic violence ok?

nijikon5
01-30-2007, 03:15 PM
zelda, warioware, and........ trauma center :D.

Ricardon
01-30-2007, 03:44 PM
My pop isn't too keen on games that are too violent. Halo and the like are ok with him but games like GTA...he'd kill me if I bought something like that for him. Zelda I think is out of the picture because it's more of an RPG right? He prolly has that anyway.

What's warioware? Excite truck sounds interesting too. NFS carbon would be a hit with him, he has all the NFS series on his other consoles, so that's a safe bet. Don't have the ability to search/research the games can you guys gimme a quick description of warioware and excite truck?

x[corwyn]
01-30-2007, 03:47 PM
My pop isn't too keen on games that are too violent. Halo and the like are ok with him but games like GTA...he'd kill me if I bought something like that for him. Zelda I think is out of the picture because it's more of an RPG right? He prolly has that anyway.

What's warioware? Excite truck sounds interesting too. NFS carbon would be a hit with him, he has all the NFS series on his other consoles, so that's a safe bet. Don't have the ability to search/research the games can you guys gimme a quick description of warioware and excite truck?

WTF. Buy a goddamn Wii for the house you punk ass! Excite Truck sounds like a lot of fun, and probably right up his alley. http://wii.ign.com/objects/826/826983.html Its a newer version of Excitebike, and if its half as fun, it will be a very good game.

RPD_FKTARD
01-30-2007, 04:04 PM
wario ware is just tons of 2-10 sec funny mini games... apparently it's a crazy hit game right now for Wii.
http://www.gamespot.com/wii/puzzle/wariowaresmoothmoves/index.html?q=wario

if he likes the wii sport that comes with the system, maybe you can get him Wii Play too... which is coming out next month.
http://www.gamespot.com/wii/puzzle/wiiplay/index.html?q=wii%20play

Granny Shifter
01-30-2007, 04:34 PM
Get Trauma Center. It's a game where you are a doctor and perform surgeries using the controller. Check out the review:
http://www.gamespot.com/wii/adventure/traumacentersecondopinion/review.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=gssummary
Extremely fun and educational. Zelda would be another safe choice.

Ricardon
01-30-2007, 06:55 PM
Cool beans, sounds like he'll enjoy that stuff! Thanks guys.

Senshi
01-30-2007, 07:35 PM
Wario Ware and Rayman the two games are fucking hilarious other then zelda those are the best games on the wii right now

Ricardon
01-30-2007, 07:37 PM
What's Rayman?

Granny Shifter
01-31-2007, 11:22 AM
It's a platforming game, kinda like Mario. You run around jump over things and collect things.

Stuff
01-31-2007, 01:24 PM
It's a platforming game, kinda like Mario. You run around jump over things and collect things.

Not for the Wii it's not. The other Rayman games were platformers, for the Wii it's more of a mini-game collection. Some very strange minigames. :buck2: But, it's tons of fun, especially as a party game... lots of "toilet" humor...

Personally, my favorate minigame is where you have to find the rabbid spazzing out in the choir and slap the hell out of him. :)

kimletrim
01-31-2007, 01:54 PM
have you verified his grades? I would request an official certified school transcript! JK

Good luck on getting the games. At least you have more selection of good games to choose from as opposed to the PS3.

x[corwyn]
01-31-2007, 02:16 PM
Yea ask my Mom about my grades from between my sophmore and junior years. For some reason my grades that were sent by the school to the house didnt match what was in my transcript.... I have no IDEA how that happened. Must have been a computer glitch or something. I did have a good summer with no parental BS though....

stuart5150
01-31-2007, 04:08 PM
Get him a Wii points card there are some sweet games available for download. Congrats to him for the straight A's O0

dabie
02-01-2007, 12:56 AM
wario ware by far... zelda got a lil boring for me

Granny Shifter
02-01-2007, 01:09 AM
Get him a Wii points card there are some sweet games available for download. Congrats to him for the straight A's O0

+1. He'll get to choose from an assortment of games from the previous consoles. For the price of one Wii game, he'd be able to take a couple games.

Ricardon
02-01-2007, 09:15 PM
have you verified his grades?

Yeah, I actually did hahaha. I feel bad about it too. His mom faxed the report card over. He was soooo funny on the phone. He was like a little excited about his grades obviously, but he was soooo nervous asking me for his gift. Took him like 5 minutes to get the nerve up to ask hahahaha. Good kid.