PDA

View Full Version : gauges? need help?

luisevo8
01-30-2007, 08:49 PM
hey whats up every one i need a little help on what gauges do i really need hit me up if you guys know which one i need in my evo i have an 05 evo 8 so i don't have the mr which alreafy comes with gauges thanks peace :mitsu:

ultraflip
01-30-2007, 08:52 PM
well... i'm selling my gauges if you're interested... greddy 60mm silver edition... boost... egt.. and oil temp...

regards flip

dabie
01-31-2007, 11:57 PM
at a minimum, a boost gauge... I personally run the amber defi bf series, matches the stock cluster well

swimmer160
02-01-2007, 01:27 PM
agreed...definitely the boost gauge...and also an egt gauge...our cars run hot, so you want to keep tabs on that. When you start doing engine mods...you might want to think about an A/F ratio gauge too. I personally run the Defi Blue Racer series...to tooo expensive...but well worth it! DON'T GET AUTOMETER! They're garbage....I recommend either Greddy or Defi.

suprapotential
02-01-2007, 03:22 PM
boost and egt. once your start adding fuel mods a wideband air fuel sensor gauge like FJO or AEM or zietronix. When you upgrade your turbo start looking into oil pressure and oil temp guages.

zum96spd
02-01-2007, 05:22 PM
I got Silver Greddy 60mm boost and egt with peak hold. PM me if you're interested...

j_nizzle
02-01-2007, 05:26 PM
When you start doing engine mods...you might want to think about an A/F ratio gauge too. I personally run the Defi Blue Racer series...to tooo expensive...but well worth it! DON'T GET AUTOMETER! They're garbage....I recommend either Greddy or Defi.

the zeitronix display takes care of a/f, boost, egt and more!

why not autometer? nhra drag racers seem to trust it...along with a lot of muscle car guys. their cars seem to hold up a good while running those gauges.

if you have to be jdm, get omori, the top selling gauge in japan/maker of the greddy gauges among others, or the defi's. both very good choices but not for the people on a budget. prosport is a good alternative.

good luck!

v8hater
02-01-2007, 05:28 PM
You need and EGT and a boost guage.

If I could do it all over I would get the zeitronix and be done with it

Skiracer
02-01-2007, 05:48 PM
If you're a road racing whore, water and oil temps are helpful