PDA

View Full Version : SES, CEL, test pipe, low catalyst, o2 sim, spark plug defouler MERGE

R3dline
06-20-2005, 03:47 AM
Like four days ago I had my DC downpipe installed on my o5. Just today the light came on. Is it just because the cat came off? Do any of you also have this light after getting their downpipe installed?

Skiracer
06-20-2005, 06:35 AM
Autozone offers to check the code for you for free. Go there and find out what the code is and we can help u out better.

DTunedEvoX
06-20-2005, 07:01 AM
DC Sports DP negates the Cat ... So yeah you will get a CEL - you need a electronic CEL/SES fix or a antifouler kit...

The code will be the cat inefficiency one ... Nothing to worry about ... it dosnt affect driveability - but is a sore to have on the dash ...

R3dline
06-20-2005, 07:12 AM
I also have a works downpipe, you think I should go with that one? or would I get the same results? By the way thanks for the info!

DUROEVO
06-20-2005, 08:10 AM
Yeah put on the Works.....does not take away cat......then you can get test pipe that wont take away CEL.....plus Works is tight....

GokuSSJ4
06-20-2005, 08:39 AM
any DP will work as long as you are able to keep the cat on, if the DP gets rid off it and you dont have a SES fix for the 02 sensor; you will throw the check engine light on every single time. It's not a big deal but it bothers most people when having a SES on

Blak94GSX
06-20-2005, 09:01 AM
You have the following options:

-Put a cat on it

-Leave the cat off but do something to trick the ECU into thinking everything is okay

-Put a switch on the SES light

-Ignore the light

DTunedEvoX
06-20-2005, 09:23 AM
A piece of electric tape over the SES light works for some people ... :lol:

onesicklambo
07-23-2005, 09:00 PM
just break the bulb..clean fix :twisted: no tape..no switch...no light! :idea:

rammsteinmatt
07-23-2005, 10:49 PM
A piece of electric tape over the SES light works for some people ... :lol:

now thats thinking.....we cant have any of that

j_nizzle
07-23-2005, 10:54 PM
just break the bulb..clean fix :twisted: no tape..no switch...no light! :idea:

i did that on one of my other cars....good times!

evomrguy
07-24-2005, 02:23 PM
Just buy a spark plug anti fouler from autozone, there about $3. Drill it out to the size of the o2 sensor, 1/2" drill bit, and run it inline of the dp and o2 sensor. Now pull your neg battery cable for about 1 min to clear the code. You will be fine now, no more code and all is well.

Blaze
07-24-2005, 02:47 PM
The best thing to do is drill an additional bung into your down pipe. In the bung, place a run of the mills spark plug. Then splice into your #1 coil and run a line from here, down to the new spark plug.

This will burn up the additional fuel prior to the 02 sensor giving the sensor a cleaner reading.

It may sounds like a lot of work, but what it really is, is total crap. You should just buy an anti fouler plug for your O2 sensor like Shaun suggested or perhaps the Perrin emulator to eliminate future trouble codes related to your cat. Do not under any circumstances splice into your coils.

:wink:

Blaze

johnny
07-24-2005, 05:30 PM
i installed the perrin simulator when i installed my delete pipe no cell, no problems. :wink:

onesicklambo
07-24-2005, 07:01 PM
^ i had that too..but ended up takign ti off because it sitll didnt work(yes i had it hooked up correctly) and ended up going the sparkplug anti fouler route..works like a charm!

ROGERV
09-12-2005, 07:28 AM
over the weekend I installed the helix 02 housing and got the cel light.I have a hiflow cat so I took it off and put the stock cat on and the cel is still on. wtf !!!! I heard that if you spray the o2 sensor with penetrant you can damage it do you think my front sensor is bad? The car won't let me rev past 4500k when Iam driving?? ANY IDEAS????? THANKS!!

Alfred@TTech
09-12-2005, 07:47 AM
Yeah, the 02 sensors are very sensitive to any type of oils...even oils from your fingertips. Thats why they come with a protective cap when theyre new.

If penetrant got into the sensor then its possibly the cause of your problem. Pull the code and post the number.....lets see if we cant help you out.

EvOwanKenobi08
09-23-2005, 09:06 PM
So i installed my ams turboback system today and everything is fine but later all of a sudden i get i service engine soon light and i dont know why can someone tell me? Its a brand new 05 with like 1500 miles on it so i know it doesnt need to go in for service

WhiteEvoRS
09-23-2005, 09:22 PM
its is probably ur o2 sensor. do u have a cat.

ANTHONY
09-23-2005, 09:26 PM
If you dont have a cat then tahts going to be your problem

Ralliartpnoi
09-24-2005, 02:10 AM
the o2 sensor if your downpipe has no port or your cat if the turboback has no electrical connector... itd help if u get a code reader

EvOwanKenobi08
09-24-2005, 02:10 AM
no i do not have a cat and how do i get rid of the problem since i dont have a cat? and is it a big deal that i have that problem?

Ralliartpnoi
09-24-2005, 02:49 AM
u didnt clear the code from the first time probably.. u could be looking at a code that u alrdy fixed. pull the batt. power and reset ur ecu.. see if it throws u a code still

drmosh
09-24-2005, 01:05 PM
This has been covered 100x if you just use the search.

akb469
06-02-2006, 12:20 PM
Ever since I got my TBE (Espelir cat back, Espelir downpipe and RRE rallycat) 2 months ago, my service engine soon light is on. I installed Perrin O2 simulator and still the light is on. Does anyone has this set up and problem? I heard that the O2 sensor might be bad or the O2 sensor is not reading correctly since on Espelir exhaust it does not sit deep enough. Any suggestions, your help is greatly appreciated.

ultraflip
06-02-2006, 12:21 PM
check how the o2 simulator was installed... there may be an error there

Blaze
06-02-2006, 12:23 PM
That simulator is pretty expensive.
I'd phone the vendor or manufacturer and report that issue.

If all else fails you can use of those anti-fouler bungs.
I have seen that works wonders on many a car...

akb469
06-02-2006, 12:35 PM
Thanks for your suggestions. I will get it checked to see if the simulator was installed correctly and contact the vedor to report the issue.

Blaze
06-02-2006, 12:37 PM
It's hard not to install that correctly. It's just a plug that only connects one way.

To be on the safe side, you might want to disconnect it and verify all the contact points are clean. Then reset your ecu and reconnect the simulator (making certain you hear it click/lock into place).

Blaze

DTunedEvoX
06-02-2006, 01:22 PM
Pull the code- see if its even the cat inefficiency one - could be something else lol

raph
06-05-2006, 02:45 PM
I just switched from an Espelir catback exhaust to a HKS Carbon Ti. Now my Service Engine Soon light keeps coming on with the HKS exhaust. I was using a mechanical O2 sim with the Espelir and never got a SES light but now with the HKS exhaust the SES keeps turning on. Anyone know why this is happening?

ultraflip
06-05-2006, 02:49 PM
are you using 1 or two anti fouler plugs? if you're using 1.. add 1 more... it should fix it

raph
06-05-2006, 02:50 PM
are you using 1 or two anti fouler plugs? if you're using 1.. add 1 more... it should fix it
I was only using 1 with the Espelir and had no problems. When I switched to the HKS I used 1 defouler then the SES came on. I put the second defouler on, reset the ECU and still get a SES light.

ultraflip
06-05-2006, 02:56 PM
I was only using 1 with the Espelir and had no problems. When I switched to the HKS I used 1 defouler then the SES came on. I put the second defouler on, reset the ECU and still get a SES light.

were they both drilled?

raph
06-05-2006, 03:05 PM

were they both drilled?

Only one was drilled and I used the drilled one to connect to the O2 bung on the exhaust.

Evoegg
06-05-2006, 09:38 PM
Are you sure your SES is because of your Exhaust?

if not, try Autozone and have them pull out the code

Evoegg

raph
06-05-2006, 10:28 PM
I am sure it's the exhaust. The SES light came on about 15 miles after I installed the HKS exhaust.

reborn
06-08-2006, 05:55 AM
the drilled piece is supposed to be screwed onto the non-drilled piece.* The undrilled piece is the one that needs to be screwed into the bung.

Only one was drilled and I used the drilled one to connect to the O2 bung on the exhaust.

ultraflip
06-08-2006, 06:18 AM
and just out of curiosity... what was the code that was pulled from the SES light?

raph
06-12-2006, 02:08 PM
Finally pulled the code today.

P0137 O2 Sensor Circuit Low Volts (Bank 1 Sensor 2)

I guess I damaged the wires on the O2 sensor?

EvoBooster8
06-13-2006, 04:27 PM
I have the same problem, with the same exhaust! I'm thinking about trying a electrical CEL fix...

Evoegg
06-13-2006, 04:46 PM
I see..

Guys, is your o2 sensor stuck against the car body? if so.. it might happen!!!

I weld the o2 bung a little, just to clear the bottom of my car. Check out the pic & see it yourself..

you can see the o2 sensor was touching the car, but now it has 2" gap inbetween.

http://xs102.xs.to/xs102/06243/HKSCTibung.jpg

hope this helps. there are fitment issues for us 05 Evo8 ...

Evoegg

ovenmit331
06-19-2006, 01:38 PM
i've got the works Exhale 3" exhaust and i had to bang the underbody metal out of the way in order for it not to rattle. but whenever i'm driving through rain or a big puddle it rattles like CRAZY and i can' move the underbody metal any more than it already is...

GokuSSJ4
06-19-2006, 02:20 PM
i've got the works Exhale 3" exhaust and i had to bang the underbody metal out of the way in order for it not to rattle. but whenever i'm driving through rain or a big puddle it rattles like CRAZY and i can' move the underbody metal any more than it already is...

you can always move the location of the 02 sensor, but it requires placing another 02 bunk on the catback section....

Dagul
06-19-2006, 03:39 PM
I had that problem with my esplier catback when I still had my 8... It would hit the underbody at WOT and on nasty bumps... I'm kind of glad they moved it to the cat on the 9... Sounds like you have a loose/broken wire on your o2 sensor...

Barfly
08-21-2006, 07:56 PM
I recently installed a full exhaust from RRE, including rallycat, and I keep getting the annoying check engine light. I purchased a CEL eliminator, and it returned. I went back, and they thought the CEL eliminator was faulty. They replaced it but it has again returned. I am getting 3 O2 sensor error codes and I am now wondering whether I should just run the car with the CEL, or consider changing the rallycat to a highflow cat. I also installed a pump, injectors, cam, cam gear, filter, and a Gray flash, but I doubt those would be giving me the error codes especially since the car doesn't seem to run differently. Anyone have a similar experience? Would you guys just change the cat or would you just run with the CEL? If I run with the CEL, will my ECU default to a potentially lower fuel or ignition map (IÂ* doubt it, but just curious)?

Thanks guys, any help would be appreciated.

Skiracer
08-21-2006, 08:02 PM
What error codes is it pulling?

wj4
08-21-2006, 08:12 PM
yes post the codes

Macky
08-21-2006, 08:13 PM
yes post the codes

+1

evo owners definitely need to get one of these:

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?pid=00942270000&vertical=Sears&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes

Barfly
08-21-2006, 08:14 PM
I will get back to you on that. I will ask Eddie at RRE what they were. I am also going to stop by Autozone and write them down tomorrow.

Thanks.

trinydex
08-21-2006, 09:09 PM
http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&topic=6667.0

Barfly
08-21-2006, 09:37 PM
Thanks Trinydex, I may try that if I absolutely have to. The problem is that I have tried 2 CEL eliminators already, which should have worked.

wj4
08-21-2006, 09:59 PM
macky, i bought an obdII scanner off ebay for a lot less. the seller has different models, but i just bought the regular model for $50. all it does is read/erase the codes, which is good enough for me i suppose.
i do agree that if you have extra money, you should buy some sort of an obd2 reader.

trinydex
08-21-2006, 10:31 PM
the thing is the o2 sims rarely work and they cost a ton more than these passive devices and are harder to install usually with wiring being done under the carpet and what not.

you can even buy these things premade on ebay for less than an o2 sim costs.

rre also sells them.

Barfly
08-21-2006, 10:40 PM
I bought and had installed 2 different CEL eliminators from RRE. The CEL came back both times.

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/evo/parts/o2_simulator/o2_adapter_fr.JPG

trinydex
08-21-2006, 10:40 PM
did you try stacking two?

Barfly
08-21-2006, 10:41 PM
No, I don't think they tried that.

trinydex
08-21-2006, 10:42 PM
try that, the rre ones are a tad on the short side. but two would be longer than the spark plug defouler ones.

Barfly
08-21-2006, 10:44 PM
Thanks, I'll try it.

Hope you can make it to an upcoming track event.

Cheers.

gofaster87
08-21-2006, 11:02 PM
I bought and had installed 2 different CEL eliminators from RRE. The CEL came back both times.

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/evo/parts/o2_simulator/o2_adapter_fr.JPG

Never had a cell thrown with my rre cel eliminator. You might have another problem. For those that want a good tool to identify and reset the cel but does logging as well, get the pocket logger. Worth the 120.

Barfly
08-21-2006, 11:22 PM
By the way, I do recall Eddie telling me that one of the errors was 02 sensor low voltage and another was 02 sensor no reading.

DTunedEvoX
08-21-2006, 11:28 PM
I know this is stupid but did you screw in your 02 sensor into the eliminator?
I'm using a drilled 02 defoulers (both stacked together) and its worked great for me for about a year and 1/2 on a few diffy exhausts and an RRE Rally Cat ..

trinydex
08-21-2006, 11:38 PM
he has a 9 so it might not be the same beast... with the ecu changes and the sensor in a different place. it shouldn't be... but we'll see soon enough.

Macky
08-22-2006, 01:33 PM
macky, i bought an obdII scanner off ebay for a lot less. the seller has different models, but i just bought the regular model for $50. all it does is read/erase the codes, which is good enough for me i suppose.
i do agree that if you have extra money, you should buy some sort of an obd2 reader.

i got mine for way less than that thru a good friend. i just posted that as a suggestion ;)

Barfly
08-22-2006, 04:55 PM
I have gotten most of my questions answered from RRE already.

The 3 codes:

o2 sensor low volts (bank 1 sensor 2)
o2 sensor ckt slow response (bank 1 sensor 2)
o2 sensor circuit low volts (bank 1 sensor 2)

RRE thought that stacking the CEL eliminators would likely be unhelpful in this case given that it looks like the sensor is not getting enough information already, and that stacking might make it come on sooner (before it was coming on after about 30 min of driving). I think I am just going ignore it, and know that my car is just faster than my ECU would like it to be. ;)

boostin05evo
08-23-2006, 12:19 AM
now that they told what not to do did they tell you what you can do? i also have those codes (p0137 & p0139)

Barfly
08-23-2006, 10:01 AM
No, but they said I could bring it by (3rd time) to try a few things. I may bring it by next week, and I'll tell you what they tried and if it worked. I don't really care about the light as long as it doesn't affect performance.

trinydex
08-23-2006, 12:28 PM
well it's good to have the cels working in case something else is wrong.

but if it's not getting enough signal you can always try the 1 stacked defouler trick. if the diagnosis is indeed correct.

boostin05evo
08-23-2006, 02:59 PM
all i did was erase it but want to know what i can do so it wont come back, i tried stacking them and just putting one and the code still comes back.Â* let me know if you find a solution.

08-23-2006, 06:44 PM
So you have never tried the electronic o2 fix? If not, maybe you should try that. It's really not that hard to install if you have a ECU patch harness. Just disconnect the 2nd o2 sensor wire (and attach to o2 simulator), tap power and ground, and it's done. I got mine from www.o2simulator.com. I've had it since October 2005 and I've been CEL-free.

Barfly
08-23-2006, 07:42 PM
I may try that. Thanks for the tips guys. I will post what RRE comes up with once I get it back to their shop.

CICreations
08-23-2006, 08:36 PM
Oh you guys are making me nervious. Im having the Tanabe Concept G Blue TBE installed Friday by Sam and his crew at SRT. He said he can take care of the sensor and not to worry so Im trying not to.

boostin05evo
08-23-2006, 11:59 PM
Does RRE sell this? o2 sims

Barfly
08-24-2006, 12:13 AM
They sell cel eliminators but not an o2 simulator.

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/evo.htm

SlvrKCEvo
10-17-2006, 07:31 AM
Hey guys. I am new to an evo 8 since July of this year. I have had my service engine soon light come on about 6 times since I have owned the car. It stays on for about a day or so then pops back off. I never noticed any reduction in performance at all except for when pulling into a drive way or something sometimes it will stall out ( could be me getting used to the difference in an s2k and evo). I finally got fed up enough that i took the car to a mitsu dealer here in KC and they said they are getting a low pressure signal from the cat. It is an aftermarket exhaust (magnaflow) and the cat has been replaced (also believed to be maganaflow). They wont replace it under warranty and really cant because of the size difference in the oem and upgraded exhaust tubing. This is my first experience driving a car with an aftermarket cat. Do they usually go bad fairly quickly or do you think the computer is reading what it just because it is not an OEM part (is this common?)? If I don't recognize a difference in performance, then what, if any, damage could be done by driving a car with what is presumed to be a failing cat? Thanks for any insight.

gt40
10-17-2006, 07:41 AM
go to a muffler shop and they can replace it/weld a new one if it is bad

SlvrKCEvo
10-17-2006, 07:45 AM
Should I just put the OEM back on? What size is the original piping on the evo?

Terry S
10-17-2006, 08:49 AM
Should I just put the OEM back on? What size is the original piping on the evo?

Take off the cat you have and see if its a high flow or a test pipe. If you cant tell, take pictures and post them up.

Your cheapest solution is probably just to find an O2 sensor fix from somewhere though.

Terry S

trinydex
10-17-2006, 05:39 PM
post in the correct forum. you're having a problem... that means it's goes in troubleshoot and help section. in the future read the forum descriptions and the stickies inside them before you go nad make a post.

to answer your problem. you need to find out if you have a cat or not, then you need to find out what the code is on the ses light. then you need to find out if you have an o2 fix. if you don't... that's the first step to your problem and you can search on how to fixer that one cuz it's very well documented.

Granny Shifter
11-03-2006, 09:00 PM
So I have this code and it means "O2 Sensor Circuit Low Voltage". Can someone help me out?

Dagul
11-03-2006, 09:20 PM
Are you running a mechanical o2 fix? If not: Have you checked for a pinched or severed wire? Is the O2 sensor hitting body in anyway? (assuming you have a catback) It seems kind of soon for a an 05 o2 sensor to be crapping out...

If you do have a mechanical o2 fix, try, widening the hole a little bit...

boostin05evo
11-04-2006, 02:02 AM
have that 2, it give me CEL but i just put a picture to there to cover it. (also have a catback) O0

GokuSSJ4
11-04-2006, 02:09 AM
the good thig about having a pocket logger ( a bit more than just a code reader) that it will specified which sensor the cel is...
quick question, are you running a HFC, test pipe or mechanical o2 fix?

Granny Shifter
11-04-2006, 02:32 AM
Test pipe along with a mechanical o2 fix.

Dagul
11-04-2006, 02:18 PM
What kind of o2 sim are you using?

If you're using the help section variety, take your o2 sim out and widen the hole a little bit so that the o2 sensor can be exposed to a little bit more exhaust gasses...

If you have something beefier like the ones RRE sell, take it back to them to modify coz it'l be kind of difficult to tackle with a hand drill and vise grips...

Sxhawnn
12-10-2006, 11:17 AM
I just installed my rally cat and strangely my check engine light went off. (it was on before I got it installed it, its been going on and off for no apparent reason for the last month) So is there somethin wrong wit my car's sensors or somethin. Or am i being extra paranoid. Does anyone have an explanation?

kimletrim
12-10-2006, 11:18 AM
Give it some time.

fusionchicken
12-11-2006, 02:52 PM
Give it some time.

ditto. drive around more and see what happens...

JDMC-WestEVO
12-11-2006, 03:39 PM
give it some time every car is different mine randomly goes off and i feel like something is missing lol

mifesto
12-11-2006, 10:53 PM
well those cats usually are made for better flow in mind..... on cold days or coasting, theres chances of CELs

Mike W
12-11-2006, 11:58 PM
The ECU only does a check on the second O2 sensor when you are steady state cruising for a given period of time. Is why you see one guy getting a CEL for doing one goofy internet fix but another guy gets no code for nothing at all. Guys that run around town mashing on the gas pedal never get into the check mode. "Hey, ever since my GF left her thong in the back seat I have not got a CEL" Go get on the freeway and cruise for a while and it will come.

Add in to the cornfusion that the O2 sensor tips can be shaped differently from manufacturer to manufacturer. The tip shapes and size can distort from heat and age. That makes little spacers that are sold or hand made affect different cars differently. If the sensor sees a little too much or too little fumeage the ECU speaks up. There is no one answer.

Mike W

miragetbo1997cc
01-17-2007, 03:24 PM
Hey everybody.I was wondering what is causing the SES light to come on the aftermarket exhaust systems.I looked at a few pictures of some and noticed the second O2 is set at 90 deg from the pipe.But, on the stocke setup ,it's 45 deg angled.Is this the reason or is it just a tolerence of the signal issue.I want to make my own stealth setup but don't want the check engine light.

xEviLxVIIIx
01-17-2007, 03:31 PM
most of the time its because they are running test pipes. but theres a simple fix for it.

miragetbo1997cc
01-17-2007, 03:56 PM
So then ,if a test pipe is installed it will make it set.So if I build a test pipe should I use a sim or pull it (O2 sensor)back out of the exhaust stream?I only want to go under this thing once.

fusionchicken
01-17-2007, 04:20 PM
yes, use the sim or a little bolt that places the o2 sensor further back from the pipe to avoid touching the airflow in the exhaust...

gsrIXevo
01-17-2007, 05:11 PM
Helix Check Engine Light Fix - 03+ EVO
FREE SHIPPING

http://gruppe-s.com/Evo/evoex.htm
this should work fine....

gruppe-s FTMFW..... O0

miragetbo1997cc
01-17-2007, 06:58 PM
Good lookin out.Imma make this tonight .But install the test pipe when I get the Part.Wait a minute.Isn't that like a longer anti fouler thingy?I got two and Imma get that stuff in tonight.I'll let you know how it turned out.I like to make stuff.I hate to buy it ready to go.Kind like buying a model car already put together.Where's the fun?!

FREE SHIPPING

gruppe-s FTMFW..... O0

FREE SHIPPING

gruppe-s FTMFW..... O0

miragetbo1997cc
01-18-2007, 04:47 PM
Yeay it works and makes the car Freakin move.Next is the down pipe.So who has a stock tip I can get?That will finish her right up.

mifesto
01-21-2007, 05:15 PM
this is what drives me nuts when people ask this question. have u even bothered to take your time to pull a code to be 110% sure it is a CEL for o2?

you have an 03' evo so that means ur 2nd o2 is on the downpipe.... so ur exhaust shouldnt have thrown any CEL... PERIOD.

EvoPwr
01-21-2007, 05:34 PM
this is what drives me nuts when people ask this question. have u even bothered to take your time to pull a code to be 110% sure it is a CEL for o2?

you have an 03' evo so that means ur 2nd o2 is on the downpipe.... so ur exhaust shouldnt have thrown any CEL... PERIOD.

what are you talking about, he didn't throw a code. he was asking what caused a code to be thrown...thats what drives me nuts, is when people don't read the post.

mifesto
01-22-2007, 03:39 PM
wait he didnt throw a code but he's asking what caused a code to be thrown? you know you just rephrased my statement lol. it drives me nuts when people are on crack and talk to me :)

miragetbo1997cc
01-23-2007, 11:42 AM
I was just trying to avoid getting one.I usually mod then ask questions later .But thats how guys get stuck with 2.75 inch exhaust.

305spool
01-23-2007, 12:21 PM
Yeah make sure if you are buying an exhaust that you get a 02 sim or a fouler. Happened to me but ever since I installed the fouler no check engine light.

ganma
01-30-2007, 03:36 AM
fouler is a must and it's cheap

trinydex
01-30-2007, 10:23 PM
merge

Johns9
12-13-2007, 12:19 AM
Just put a spark plug anti fowler on it... you just gotta drill the hole bigger to fit the o2 and it will eliminate the light. had to do the same and it hasnt come back on since

4ChUnZFooL
07-28-2008, 01:08 AM
I know alot of people have done this, but I also heard that if you drill the 1/2 inch, then the wall would be too thin and the heat from the exhaust will crack it

Supra2JZGTE
08-09-2008, 12:34 PM
They sale test pipes that include CEL fix with your purchase.

javicracer
08-09-2008, 03:27 PM
They sale test pipes that include CEL fix with your purchase.

Stop bumping old threads, dammit!!!!!!

UCLAevo
03-09-2010, 03:09 PM
does anybody in the irvine/oc or san dimas area have a code reader?

i just noticed the 'service engine soon' light. didn't install any new mods or do anything, and i don't have any significant mods to date anyway. the most recent thing was an oil change about 2.5k miles ago.

i tried to use my tactrix cable and scantech, but can't get it to establish a communication.

Blak94GSX
03-09-2010, 03:53 PM
You can come by the shop (www.roadraceengineering.com) in Santa Fe Springs/Whittier/Downey area and I can check out the code for you. Usually those things are either a 401 EGR code or one of the catalytic converter/rear o2 code.

UCLAevo
03-09-2010, 04:11 PM
thanks! your shop is a little out of the way, but i may stop by if i can't find somebody closer.