PDA

View Full Version : WOW = World Of Warcraft

flipryder21
01-31-2007, 02:17 PM
I'm not sure if there's a thread for this already but just wanted to see if anyone else here play the game. I just started playing game about 3 weeks ago and I'm hook on it, game rocks. O0

IguessNot
01-31-2007, 02:21 PM
a lot of people at my work play it all the time.... they talk about how great it is .... i'm thinking of trying it...

j_nizzle
01-31-2007, 02:25 PM
fkn rpgs...

RPD_FKTARD
01-31-2007, 02:26 PM
seriously.. dont even try it... ya it's that addicting.

im at frostwolf
which one is your server?

Terenus
01-31-2007, 02:39 PM
ROFL....don't get me started with this stupid game. haha

evofosizzo
01-31-2007, 02:48 PM
OG starcraft only, got tired of this game in about 2weeks with lvl40+

flipryder21
01-31-2007, 03:28 PM
I'm in real Dragonmaw, look me if up my character's name is Clorene.

S2myEVO
01-31-2007, 03:31 PM
this game ruined my friends lives.

all they do is sit at home ALLLLL day and play this shit.

theyre a lost cause.

flipryder21
01-31-2007, 04:51 PM
OG starcraft only, got tired of this game in about 2weeks with lvl40+

StarCraft II should be coming out soon. =0)

SpdyEvo02
01-31-2007, 05:01 PM
wow = lonely nerds wasting there life. seriously this game needs to be destroyed from the earth along with all the MMORPG (or whatever)

EvoPwr
01-31-2007, 05:03 PM
wow = lonely nerds wasting there life. seriously this game needs to be destroyed from the earth along with all the MMORPG (or whatever)

why?

flipryder21
01-31-2007, 05:20 PM
keyword "game" it's just a game, everyone that plays the game have a mind of there own. It's probably more entertaining than hangin out with you. LOL LOL.

EvoPwr
01-31-2007, 05:21 PM
keyword "game" it's just a game, everyone that plays the game have a mind of there own. It's probably more entertaining than hangin out with you. LOL LOL.

+1

j_nizzle
01-31-2007, 06:06 PM

i dunno...spdyevo is looks fkn funny....

DTunedEvoX
01-31-2007, 06:15 PM
Used to play .. got bored .. dont play ne more .. I just play BF2 for the time being and xbonx 360 games on my spare time ..

dabie
02-01-2007, 12:55 AM
Played hardcore for about a year. .. traded account and never looked back. Its crazy how much people will pay for things in this game.

If you have friends that value their life, you will tell them to stay far, far away from this game..

EvilEvo999
02-01-2007, 01:04 AM
Any1 play Silkroadonline ??

flipryder21
02-01-2007, 12:13 PM
Played hardcore for about a year. .. traded account and never looked back. Its crazy how much people will pay for things in this game.

If you have friends that value their life, you will tell them to stay far, far away from this game..

Dude it's a game if you actually end up buying things online for your character well then you are a sucker LOL LOL. I play for fun to kill time it's just another higher end chat room LOL LOL heeheee.

DTunedEvoX
02-01-2007, 12:31 PM
I played Asheron's Call for a couple years back when it was on and poppin... I still have an account on Darktide lol ..
I made 5g's back then and I was in High School ...

RPD_FKTARD
02-01-2007, 12:55 PM
for those of you that got it... do you get the expansion?
endgame kinda sucks now for regular WOW because every other ppl goes straight to lv 70

Terenus
02-01-2007, 12:56 PM
I made about 750 bucks on WoW when I sold my Rank 14 priest. That was like 6 months ago when the PVP gear started to loose it's value because of BC. I also made about 2 grand selling an EQ account waaaay back then. This just tells you that there are people who can be pretty desperate.

Ricardon
02-01-2007, 01:25 PM
I have 4 50+ characters on 3 different servers right now. Haven't played in like 6 months or so though. A couple of friends of mine quit FFXI and recently started playing WoW when BC came out, so I might start playing again casually to hang out with them.

The cool thing about WoW vs other MMO's is the fact that much of the content can be done solo or with very small groups. This makes it much less of a time sink so to speak because you can actually log in and get something accomplished even if you have say a half hour only to play or so.

About MMO's being addicting and ruining people's lives....FFXI consumed a HUGE chunk of time for me when I played. But the game doesn't ruin people's lives...people ruin their own lives. I know plenty of people that work full time, have social lives, and still manage to play almost every day in high end raiding guilds and such. So all this stuff about MMOs being evil is just as bad as people sueing the tobacco companies because they have cancer. Gtfo and learn some self control if you can't handle it.

EvolvedMCC
02-01-2007, 01:32 PM
i haven't played for like 6 months. got a level 46 NE warrior and level 35 paladin on tichondrius. been wanting to get back into it, i heard all the higher level players are on BC anyway so less gankage. =P

chuckm1020
02-01-2007, 01:47 PM
I have a lvl 63 rogue on bronzebeard, i play occasionaly. Its going to take me forever to get to lvl 70 :P Im just trying to do one level a week.

flipryder21
02-01-2007, 04:12 PM
I actually got the expantion the day it came out, I know it's pointless for me to get it cause I don't have any lvl 60 character yet but will get there in a year LOL LOL lOl heeheee.

dabie
02-01-2007, 07:20 PM
Nah, I sold my toons for over 1k last year.. kind of thinking of starting again since many people I know still play..

02-01-2007, 09:54 PM
Check out what Tyra had to say about this game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ru5imBot6g (part 1)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJ48K3XjnVA (part 2)

:?

evofosizzo
02-01-2007, 11:08 PM
^ I doubt highly doubt it...

What a joke, It wont do jack shit by destroying a simple CD... lol

Terenus
02-02-2007, 12:39 AM
^ I doubt highly doubt it...

What a joke, It wont do jack shit by destroying a simple CD... lol

Yea, my friend linked me this, even if this crap was true that guy can just go home and start playing again. haha

j_nizzle
02-03-2007, 06:26 PM
Check out what Tyra had to say about this game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ru5imBot6g (part 1)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJ48K3XjnVA (part 2)

:?

hahahahahahaahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ricardon
02-04-2007, 01:32 AM
Someone seriously just needs to walk up onto the stage and punch that woman in her fucking forehead on live TV. Actually, step on her foot HARD, then punch her in the forehead. I'd pay to see that. What a waste.

dabie
02-05-2007, 10:21 PM
Can I have my 10 minutes back after watching that garbage

RdEvo
02-06-2007, 02:19 PM
i play wow lol and yea it is more entertaining then hanging out wit spdy lol i have somethin on frostwolf i have a lil somethin on alot of servers noothing high lvl though i dun play that much but msg me if you play so we can see if we have somethin on the same server it would be chill to find someone wit the same server

EvolvedMCC
02-06-2007, 02:31 PM
i'd love to punch her freakin' 8-head. i CANNOT STAND tyra banks.

Ricardon
02-06-2007, 02:48 PM
And really, as if it helped ANYTHING. Look at the guy's face when she is breakin the CD. I garauntee the first thought going through his head is "HAHAHA I don't need the CD to play". To the chick that put her man on the show for not paying attention to her: Hit the gym! You complain that your man doesn't pay attention to you anymore...hit the fkn treadmill and he probably will. I'd spend all day playing something as gay as solitaire on the comp if I were married to her after seeing the "before the baby" pics. Although, it is pretty fucking retarded that he skipped the hospital to play WoW while she was in labor. That made me lol.

dabie
02-06-2007, 11:00 PM
yeah, how did she get so fat when hes the one sitting around playing games all day.. or did he start playing after she started to gain weight

Ricardon
02-06-2007, 11:06 PM
yeah, how did she get so fat when hes the one sitting around playing games all day.. or did he start playing after she started to gain weight

See, the thing people don't realize about MMO's is it's exactly the opposite of what south park depicted it to be. Most people don't gain weight when they are haijin players...they lose weight. Cause you don't really eat a lot, and the stuff you eat is all empty calorie junk food. You also drink a TON of caffein, which goes right through you and speeds up the metabolism.

Jon H
02-07-2007, 02:35 AM
70 Horde Warrior on Kalecgos and about to start Karazhan. :smitten:

A lot to do in BC and the flying mounts are definetely a nice addition to the game.

Ricardon
02-07-2007, 05:11 AM
Wah-OH we have a 70 on the board...get out of the way we have an addict!!! Where's Madruk been damnit? He's got to be 70, and pimpin all the best gear from the new 5 & 10 man runs.

Meh, I need to start playing again...reroll on Blade's Edge I think...my old FFXI guild just quit that game and rolled horde when BC came out.

How crowded is the new zone? I bet the 2 new race starting zones are laaaaag central and full of fan boys dancing naked?

RPD_FKTARD
02-07-2007, 11:34 AM
lag central it is... SW and IF are as empty as you can imagine.....

RdEvo
02-07-2007, 02:55 PM
lol 70 i havent even bought expansion cuz i havent passed 30 :p

Ricardon
02-07-2007, 02:59 PM
Yeah SW and IF are the two best things about playing horde side hahahhahaha...you don't have to deal with those two on a saturday night. My fav is UC.

urmotha
02-07-2007, 03:03 PM
Haha IF ghost town FTW. I like logging in and actually being able to see the mailbox.

Ricardon
02-07-2007, 11:13 PM
I'm gonna be building a new rig hopefully within the next week or so. When I get it all setup I'll probably be playing WoW again, but not really too hardcore. If anyone is interested in rolling a character (probably horde side) with me and some friends let me know. There will probably be between 5-10 of us to start, a couple haijin style players and some casuals. I'll be fairly casual, but I'd like to eventually start raiding every once in awhile depending on schedule.

urmotha
02-08-2007, 12:03 PM
Sounds like fun, I'd be willing to do that. Won't be able to play a ton because I'm dedicated to another character already. But hey I have plenty of free time, should be able to alternate between the two ;)

Jon H
02-08-2007, 01:38 PM
Wah-OH we have a 70 on the board...get out of the way we have an addict!!!

There's plenty of people that are 70 right now, it doesn't take long to get there. I guess you didn't hear about the person who got to 70 in ~28 hours? :D I got to 70 (60-70) in about a week, helps that myself and my room mate both had a mini vacation. :)

Ricardon
02-08-2007, 01:43 PM
Wah-OH* we have a 70 on the board...get out of the way we have an addict!!!

There's plenty of people that are 70 right now, it doesn't take long to get there. I guess you didn't hear about the person who got to 70 in ~28 hours? :D I got to 70 (60-70) in about a week, helps that myself and my room mate both had a mini vacation. :)

Yeah I read about that on BG. Apparently he tagged all the mobs and his guildies zerged everything. Kinda lame if you ask me, but hey to each his own. I hear it's pretty easy to get to 70, and that the new gear is pretty solid, even greens/blues that even casual gamers can get.

RdEvo
02-08-2007, 02:30 PM
anyone a 70 draine or bloodelf

urmotha
02-08-2007, 02:34 PM
there's a few 60+ draenei and BE on my server, not sure if any of them have actually hit 70.

tabio42
02-08-2007, 03:21 PM
MAGICAL BOOTS OF ESCAPE!!!!!!!!

Ricardon
02-08-2007, 10:52 PM
there's a few 60+ draenei and BE on my server, not sure if any of them have actually hit 70.

Ok, so I was pretty haijin in FFXI. I played probably about 10 hours a day during the week, and virtually all day every saturday and sunday. Didn't get out much back then rofl. But the above is really kinda retarded. I can totally see taking your previously lvl 60 character through to 70 in a couple of days because it's really only grinding xp. You'll miss a little bit of storyline, but not much. Starting a new race and grinding to 70 in a couple days is just retarded, even for the hardcore. It's still a game and storylines and exploring new zones and such is still part of the fun, at least for me it is. I dunno, like I said before...I played a ton of FFXI (I was famous on teh internets wooooo), but when it came time to walk away, I did. Grinding a new race that fast smells like an addict in mommy's basement lol.

urmotha
02-09-2007, 12:02 AM
Yeah that's just out of control... I play more than I probably should, and I'm still only 66 ;)

Ricardon
02-09-2007, 02:41 AM
I can't wait til I get this rig sorted out. Still haven't decided whether I'm going to buy or build. Whatever it is though, look for the big mushroom cloud over Huntington Beach...that will denote the first time I turn the box on LOL. Gonna' buy/build something pretty sick.

WoW is soooooo weird though. I'm fairly hard pressed to find some REALLY good forums out there. I know there are a ton of guild sites and all, and of course the official forums and lolallakazham, but it seems that the community in WoW is nowhere near as vocal/entertaining as the FFXI community. Maybe it's because of all the retarded prepube alliance fanboys that play WoW. FFXI had a bit of an older playerbase methinks. And that's partially the reason I rolled horde when I first started playing WoW...The barrens is bad, but OMG it's no SW or IF hahahaha. How many times have you gone down to take the tram and ran right into a male NE cybering a female gnome hahaha.

dabie
02-09-2007, 03:11 AM
Blizzard games tend to attract the worst scum of the earth gamers to play. Only in Blizzard games do you have shady, scandalous, and selfish whores that will do anything to screw you over. Just look at some of guilds that do endgame raiding and you will see what I mean. That coupled with all these annoying young brats that play make for lots drama as well.

The way to go is to make a small, tight knit group of friends who you play with most often. Oh yea, theres pretty much no relevant information to be found on any wow forums, lol...

I played Horde on Darkspear btw..

Ricardon
02-09-2007, 01:23 PM
I don't think that Blizzard actualy attracts scum gamers. I think the internet does bro. Anything online is going to filled with pukes because of the anonymity. You can fuck someone over for a virtual item, then have your mommy come in and tell you to clean your room right afterwards. I played WoW for about 5 months. I think FFXI has more straight up evil people. WoW people are just the annoying...argue in town about who was better Kirk or Picard...alliance punks in SW are the WORST.

Terenus
02-09-2007, 01:59 PM
Blizzard games tend to attract the worst scum of the earth gamers to play. Only in Blizzard games do you have shady, scandalous, and selfish whores that will do anything to screw you over. Just look at some of guilds that do endgame raiding and you will see what I mean. That coupled with all these annoying young brats that play make for lots drama as well.

The way to go is to make a small, tight knit group of friends who you play with most often. Oh yea, theres pretty much no relevant information to be found on any wow forums, lol...

I played Horde on Darkspear btw..

I was in Vicious Cycle on Frostwolf/Frostmane. I agree that some were dicks but I had a group of guys that I knew pretty well and all we did was PVP. VC verbally required everyone to be at least 20+ and trial period and vote on membership. Stewball IMO was the best leader I've been with and I'm pretty sure lots of people knew about him, he would yell the shit out you if you screwed up so kids usually don't stay long. You really have to understand that there are kids as young as 10 year olds playing this game so don't expect everyone to treat you with respect.

RdEvo
02-09-2007, 02:50 PM
anyone wanna buy gold? only 39.99 yea thats right only 39.99 and all we need is account and password!

Terenus
02-09-2007, 03:09 PM
anyone wanna buy gold? only 39.99 yea thats right only 39.99 and all we need is account and password!

WTF? You're a Chinese farmer? If it's 39.99 for 1000g, I'll take 1000g!

Ricardon
02-09-2007, 03:54 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I laugh my ass off everytime I see people shouting to sell gold in WoW. Gold is ridiculously EASY to make in WoW...if you play on the alliance side, it's a complete joke. The Alliance AH is soooooo much better than Horde side. When I rerolled a Gnome Mage with some friends on Veknilash (just for fun 'cause we are all horde players) I was shocked how easy it was to get gold with dual gathering. I had enough money for my mount at like lvl 20 or so hahaha. Horde side on Muradin, I had money for my mount just in time at like lvl 39.

FFXI is a TOTALLY different story. I see a ton of people complaining about the grind in WoW...they know NOTHING unless they've played FFXI. Granted, once you hit lvl 75 and have your gear set for your main (well, when is gear ever set and done right? lol), you have to farm for literally days and weeks in some cases just to gear your next jobs. Unless of course you want to be gimp. Luckily for me, I was a THF main (with simply ridiculous gear), and I could solo farm almost 100% of my money. However, it just took waaaaay too long. If you chose to be a melee in FFXI...good fkn luck. The system almost forces the noobs to buy gil. Luckily also, I got in very very early and had most of my AH gear well before the economy went nuts. Long story short, it's VERY difficult, and VERY much a time sink...even for end game players who constantly do endgame activities.

In WoW, it doesn't take long at all to farm up money. Granted, I had some super pimped out Epic 60's run me through instances to pimp out my meager 53 mage, so I had some great gear for my lvl. I used to log on whenever I had, say an hour to play, and just go solo an instance, sell the BOE's and DE the BOP's and sell the mats. So, so, so, so easy.

I think Blizzard got the economy side of the game dead on. With the way that equipment disappears from the game once it is equiped (i.e. can't sell it to other players) and then with constant repair costs, especially for raiders, gold almost has no value outside of personal use. Of course, you could just go to IGE and buy 1k gold for pretty cheap and save yourself some farming time. But then two things would happen. A) you'd be a raging fag for buying virtual currency and B) you'd miss out on some of the draw that makes RPG's interesting, right? Let's face it, sometimes the time sink is a little part of what makes an RPG "fun". Building a character that takes hard work and effort...you know, kinda like life (lol@me for making a real life analogy to a video game).

urmotha
02-09-2007, 04:10 PM
In TBC you get rich just by playing at all, no need for farming! :)

Ricardon
02-09-2007, 04:29 PM
In TBC you get rich just by playing at all, no need for farming! :)

Exactly my point. Even though I have yet to get TBC. I really can't wait to try it out.

Jon H
02-10-2007, 02:07 AM
It's fairly easy to make good money while leveling in TBC, especially if you're at least T2 geared and you pretty much sell a lot of the quest rewards until you hit the mid 60s. And if you save a lot of the quests for when you hit 70, they are worth a lot (10-20+g per). Unless you're a blacksmither and one of the guild's MT, you go broke pretty fast trying to get all the right gems, enchants and crafted gear. I may just level my rogue alt just so I can send over the funds to my main.

Tried Steamvaults heroic mode today, got tore a new asshole. I'm about 13k in tank gear with a Fort and I was still pretty hard to keep up. Bog Overlords hit for 3-4k non-crit. :( Couldn't down the first boss before I had to go to work, so we ended up calling it a night. Heroic mode instances are no joke.

One of my biggest complaints about TBC is how buggy the thing is. Black Morass, Mechanar and Botanica seem to be the worst, as well as quite a few quests.

Ricardon
02-10-2007, 02:16 AM
You need to ditch your guild and do a paid transfer to whatever server we end up rolling on and rush us through teh noob instances Jon. DO IT!!!

dabie
02-10-2007, 05:33 PM
I was in Vicious Cycle on Frostwolf/Frostmane. I agree that some were dicks but I had a group of guys that I knew pretty well and all we did was PVP. VC verbally required everyone to be at least 20+ and trial period and vote on membership. Stewball IMO was the best leader I've been with and I'm pretty sure lots of people knew about him, he would yell the shit out you if you screwed up so kids usually don't stay long. You really have to understand that there are kids as young as 10 year olds playing this game so don't expect everyone to treat you with respect.

The thing with high end guilds is that rarely do they get the perfect balance of being a nazi guild and being a kickback guild. The top guilds on my server were real strict: forced attendance, inventory checks, performance logs, etc. I mean they even called your cellphone to raid, thats not cool. Yet you could only go so far with a relaxed guild, meaning you couldn't get the best BWL/AQ40 stuff because nobody really tried, gear sucked, or attendance was an issue. The forced 40man raiding was really a big problem, and from what I hear BC fixed that.

oh yeah.. btw I just picked up BC which will probably suck up all my free time now :-(

Ricardon
02-10-2007, 06:30 PM
http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10036/WoW%20cat.jpg

Ricardon
02-11-2007, 01:53 AM
http://onyserious.ytmnd.com/

Everyone reading this thread has already seen that of course...still makes me laugh my ass off everytime I see it though. Found a remix of it:

http://onyxiaremix.ytmnd.com/

Srsly...$5 to anyone who can tell me the artist and name of the song in the background!!! I need it very very very badly...gonna use it to make an EVO video hahahahahaha. HALP PRZZZZ!

Jon H
02-11-2007, 03:35 AM
You need to ditch your guild and do a paid transfer to whatever server we end up rolling on and rush us through teh noob instances Jon. DO IT!!!

WTFBBQ.

Roll Horde on Kalecgos and I'll run ya through some stuff. :)

Ricardon
02-11-2007, 03:52 AM

WTFBBQ.

Roll Horde on Kalecgos and I'll run ya through some stuff. :)

NOWAI!! My peeps are already setup on a couple of different servers as was I. We had a bet going and those of us that lost are forced to reroll on the server of the victors (Blades Edge I think...not sure yet) Kinda gay, but a bet is a bet. I want phat lewts so paid transfer kgonow!!

Srsly, if you can find me the name of the song in that ytmnd deal I will pay your next month's fee hahahaha. I've seen it in like 549859345943859 videos, but my memory is for the fail right now...3am posting owns me hard.

(btw, props to u for the first ever usage of BBQ I have ever seen on SoCalEvo...I was literally talking to Tim TODAY about how I've never seen anyone say BBQ here yet!!!)

Jon H
02-11-2007, 04:50 AM
NOWAI!!

ZOMGYAWAI

I use teh bbq every day, it's pretty much in my permanent vocab now. heh

Anyway, @ work right now and can't view link (websense FTMFL).. I'll try and remember to look it up when I get home. I think I might know what song you're talking about.

xfactor_evo
02-11-2007, 07:53 AM
i dont play WoW myself, but the clan my dad and a few friends started hosts that game along with the one i like to play. BF2. we also host DoD. www.familyofsoldiers.com check it out if your interested.

Ricardon
02-17-2007, 07:00 PM

Srsly...$5 to anyone who can tell me the artist and name of the song in the background!!!* I need it very very very badly...gonna use it to make an EVO video hahahahahaha.* HALP PRZZZZ!

Bump for help finding the damned song in that link LOL

Jon H
02-22-2007, 11:29 PM
Curator down, w00t

Dropped Forest Wind Shoulderpads (crap) and T4 Warrior/Priest/Druid gloves (kinda crap, no sockets).

http://jonhume.com/misfits/curator1.jpg
http://jonhume.com/misfits/curator2.jpg

And some Maiden action:
http://jonhume.com/misfits/maiden1.jpg

Maiden pr0nz
http://jonhume.com/misfits/maiden2.jpg

Oh yes, that's the stuff.
http://jonhume.com/misfits/maiden3.jpg

Ricardon
02-23-2007, 01:53 AM
Nice!! Those bosses are in Kara right? Sorry, I'm a noob I just read a lot of BG forums and try to keep as up to date as possible until my rig gets here and I can play. Have you guys cleared any of the heroics yet? I hear that with TBC, there's a lot more access to phat lewtz that people don't have to be in 40 man raids to get. Like Blizzard is rewarding skilled players and you don't have to have OVER NINE THOUSAND friends to help you get the stuff.

SpdyEvo02
02-23-2007, 02:00 AM
this is got to be the most boring game i have every played. a complete waste of time and money...i wish i had four hands to give this game four thumbs down

Ricardon
02-23-2007, 02:16 AM
8 million people worldwide would disagree with you Dustin. Think about it for a bit. There are over eight million accounts active for this game. I am of the opinion that this is in fact the single greatest MMO ever made. The most well balanced game by leaps and bounds. Sure, there are drawbacks to it, and some things they might have done better. What in this world is perfect? The best thing about it, which a ton of people tend to overlook, especially people that don't have any/much experience with it, is the fact that the developer actually listens to the people that play. They try to implement as much as possible, the changes that their users would like to see. Service like Blizzard provides just does not exist in this world anymore, at least not on a very recognizeable scale. Hell, I haven't played WoW for almost a full year now. Seriously, I haven't played since April of last year...did'nt have any time to play any games really. Now that a few of my friends are going to start playing again, and I have some spare time again I'll start playing again soon. And that's really more what it's about. think of it as a psuedo AIM, Yahoo, or IRC. Except you're chatting with your friends while running around killing stuff. It's actually a hell of a lot of fun if you have real friends to play with...especially if you have Ventrilo or Teamspeak or something like that.

SpdyEvo02
02-23-2007, 02:49 AM
i have played MMO games before and have had some good times playing. but this is my second time playing both with people that i already knew played the game so i could get some help and the main thing that i dislike about it is that if you want to change class you have to make a completly new character and the fact that lvling a character takes fking forever. The only MMO i got into play was Star Wars Galaxies and that was mostly cause my friend had me try it and it was pretty cool. It class system was cool cause you could mix and match different classes example you could be a master doctor and be a rifleman. i mean there were limitless possibilites on how you can make you character and if you wanted to try a new class all you had to do was talk to a new trainer and accept the training. of course you can't max out every class you had a certain number of points you could use. the only real reason i tried playing these games was to do PvP and in WoW it take forever to get to a high level where you can be a successful in pvp. and traveling wow makes me want to cry cause you are a high lvl and have a mount you are tuck to walking or fly on those bird things i mena seriously who wants to waste 15 minutes just walking to a different location.

Ricardon
02-23-2007, 03:27 AM
The being limited to one class on each character is particularly annoying for me as well, I'll give you that. I cam from FFXI where one character could be every class and level up every class, it just required that you switch to that class (if you have it unlocked) and then levelling it. You also got the benefit of retaining a certain level of skills previously learned on other classes, scaled down to lower levels of course. i wish WoW was a little more like that sometimes.

However, the part where I tend to disagree with you is on the versatility that exists in WoW. Even with the things the way they are in the above paragraph, WoW is still VASTLY superior as far as versatility and customization of your character is concerned. Forget about the fact that you can chose to have whatever profession you want (jobs to make money like blacksmithing, leatherworking etc..), the simple fact that the talent tree is FULLY customizeable (and you can completely reset it for a price of in game currency if you aren't satisfied with what you have chosen), shows this. Mage for example can decide whether to specialize in Arcane, Fire or Frost spells. Or any combination of the three. Some builds are specificly setup for leveling, some are geared for PvP only, and some are geared specifically raiding encounters. Yet within those specific builds, there is still a helluva lot of choice to made and subtle differences can make a HUGE impact.

The grinding levels part is totally understandable and quite innevitable in MMOs. It's just part of the deal. There doesn't exist and MMO that can really truly be played for 15 minutes at a time like an FPS.

MrBubbler
02-23-2007, 04:12 AM
all i have to say is 8,000,000 x 15.99 monthly charge = how much? blizzard is going to be the next microsoft!. I to have caught the bug of wow, currently have 64 hunter and 60 priest -= )

Jon H
02-23-2007, 06:15 AM
Nice!! Those bosses are in Kara right? Sorry, I'm a noob I just read a lot of BG forums and try to keep as up to date as possible until my rig gets here and I can play. Have you guys cleared any of the heroics yet? I hear that with TBC, there's a lot more access to phat lewtz that people don't have to be in 40 man raids to get. Like Blizzard is rewarding skilled players and you don't have to have OVER NINE THOUSAND friends to help you get the stuff.

Yeah, Curator is the 5th boss or so in Karazhan. The place is so huge, that you eventually pick up a flight point to get to the top quickly. lol. Karazhan's loot table is weird, some of the shit you get in a normal 5 man lvl 70 instance is better than the purples that drop in there. In my case, the 3rd boss drops better gloves than my T4 tank set. wtfm8?

As for heroics, I've cleared Slave Pens so far. We've tried Steamvaults, but every time I go, there's always a person or two that just fucks things up. The trash pulls can be difficult sometimes, they hit uber fucking hard and if a clothie decides to pull aggro from me, they usually get one or two shotted. Fun stuff, but like Karazhan, the loot isn't really itemized just yet for a Heroic instance.

Jon H
02-23-2007, 06:18 AM
this is got to be the most boring game i have every played. a complete waste of time and money...i wish i had four hands to give this game four thumbs down

Sorry you didn't like the game. There's always those select few MMO players that aren't into WoW.

Ricardon
02-23-2007, 07:31 AM
What server youy on Bubbler? My rig was delayed today...so bitter about it. I should have just built the damned thing I woulda been using it two weeks ago!!!

Terry S
02-23-2007, 10:26 AM

Srsly...$5 to anyone who can tell me the artist and name of the song in the background!!! I need it very very very badly...gonna use it to make an EVO video hahahahahaha. HALP PRZZZZ!

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/6/f/9/6f92b57c226aa1d2a2edd446f5366e14.wav

right click, save as.

Terry S

SpdyEvo02
02-23-2007, 02:19 PM
rich...rob,dino, and terenus are all on frostwolf if you want to join them

SpdyEvo02
02-23-2007, 02:40 PM
The being limited to one class on each character is particularly annoying for me as well, I'll give you that. I cam from FFXI where one character could be every class and level up every class, it just required that you switch to that class (if you have it unlocked) and then levelling it. You also got the benefit of retaining a certain level of skills previously learned on other classes, scaled down to lower levels of course. i wish WoW was a little more like that sometimes.

However, the part where I tend to disagree with you is on the versatility that exists in WoW. Even with the things the way they are in the above paragraph, WoW is still VASTLY superior as far as versatility and customization of your character is concerned. Forget about the fact that you can chose to have whatever profession you want (jobs to make money like blacksmithing, leatherworking etc..), the simple fact that the talent tree is FULLY customizeable (and you can completely reset it for a price of in game currency if you aren't satisfied with what you have chosen), shows this. Mage for example can decide whether to specialize in Arcane, Fire or Frost spells. Or any combination of the three. Some builds are specificly setup for leveling, some are geared for PvP only, and some are geared specifically raiding encounters. Yet within those specific builds, there is still a helluva lot of choice to made and subtle differences can make a HUGE impact.

The grinding levels part is totally understandable and quite innevitable in MMOs. It's just part of the deal. There doesn't exist and MMO that can really truly be played for 15 minutes at a time like an FPS.

yah the last mmo i played i had basically mastered almost every class at one time or another. i like trying every class to figure out which one i like to play the most and with wow everytime you have to make a new charactor it just got annoying. i agree the the talents points is pretty cool in wow and is unique. i know all mmo's are about level i guess i just don't see the point in wasting hours upon hours on a game that serves no purpose

Terry S
02-23-2007, 02:48 PM
You guys want an MMORPG that you'll never win & provides VERY LITTLE reward for COUNTLESS HOURS spent playing it?

http://www.play.net/dr/

Terry S

Ricardon
02-23-2007, 08:32 PM
I'll be on Blade's Edge with some ballers. Gonna make a new char on a PvP server as well I think.

The more I think about WoW's setup the more I like it actually. It's less addictive that way. In FFXI you only have one character, besides your mules of course. You get all jobs on that one character and you become more attached to it.

Ricardon
02-23-2007, 08:35 PM

Srsly...$5 to anyone who can tell me the artist and name of the song in the background!!!* I need it very very very badly...gonna use it to make an EVO video hahahahahaha.* HALP PRZZZZ!

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/6/f/9/6f92b57c226aa1d2a2edd446f5366e14.wav

right click, save as.

Terry S

Thanks Terry, but I need the name of the artist and title of the song in the background. The song is useless to me with the onyxia is serious business guy talking in the background hehe.

gh0stch1ld
02-24-2007, 12:13 AM
man I bought the expansion for the wow burning crusade and haven't even touched my new character yet. Too dang busy lately. I'd probably start playing in a week or two once i finished moving.

Jon H
02-24-2007, 06:37 AM
I'll be on Blade's Edge with some ballers. Gonna make a new char on a PvP server as well I think.

Make a Horde dude on Kalecgos (PvP) and I'll hook ya up with some starter gold.

BTW - Finally a buff for Warriors

World of Warcraft PTR Patch 2.0.10

The latest patch notes can always be found at . http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/test-realm-patchnotes.html

General

* Some logic was fixed in the "Natural Remedies" quest so that Pathaleon the Calculator's Image will always spawn during the ritual.
* Goliathon and his shardlings can no longer be pulled to nearby areas that have guards.
* More fixes implemented in the "It's a Fel Reaver, But With Heart" quest to keep the Scrapped Fel Reaver from breaking.
* The Orb of the Blackwhelp and Hallowed Wands can no longer be used in combat, and the transformation will be canceled if the player receives damage.
* The Scrap Reaver in Netherstorm repairs reduced from 10,000 health to 8,500 health over 10 seconds.
* Battle of the Crimson Watch
o Illidari Mind Breaker has been weakened.
o Illidari Highlords can now be CC'ed but not Charmed.

PvP

* Arenas
o The cost of the "Gladiator's Slicer" has been increased to 2625 arena points.
o The cost of the "Gladiator's Quickblade" has been decreased to 1125 arena points and changed to offhand only.
o The cost of the "Gladiator's Cleaver" has been increased to 2625 arena points.
o The cost of the "Gladiator's Hacker" has been decreased to 1125 arena points and changed to offhand only.
o The cost of the "Gladiator's Pummeler" has been increased to 2625 arena points.
o The cost of the "Gladiator's Bonecracker" has been decreased to 1125 arena points and changed to offhand only.
o The cost of the "Gladiator's Right Ripper" has been increased to 2625 arena points.
o The cost of the "Gladiator's Left Ripper" has been decreased to 1125 arena points.
o The cost of the "Gladiator's Shanker" has been increased to 2625 arena points.
o The cost of the "Gladiator's Shiv" has been decreased to 1125 arena points and changed to offhand only.
o The cost of the "Gladiator's War Edge" has been decreased to 1000 arena points and the speed changed to 1.9.
o The cost of the "Gladiator's Spellblade" has been increased to 3150 arena points.
o The cost of the "Touch of Defeat" has been decreased to 1000 arena points.
o The cost of the "Gladiator's Endgame" has been decreased to 1125 arena points.
o The cost of the "Idol of Tenacity" has been decreased to 1000 arena points.
o The cost of the "Libram of Justice" has been decreased to 1000 arena points.
o The cost of the "totem of the Third Wind" has been decreased to 1000 arena points.

Druids

* When the duration of "Cyclone" ends, area buffs such as "Leader of the Pack", "Tree of Life", and "Moonkin" will now be correctly resumed.
* "Bear Form" now grants 25% increased stamina instead of 25% increased health.
* "Dire Bear Form" now grants 25% increased stamina instead of 25% increased health. In addition, the armor bonus has been reduced from 450% to 400%.
* The multiplier on base weapon damage for "Mangle (Bear)" ability has been changed from 130% to 100%. In addition, the bonus damage has been reduced by the same ratio.
* "Savage Fury" no longer affects "Mangle (Bear)".
* "Savage Fury" no longer applies to "Maul" or "Swipe".
* The critical damage bonus on "Predatory Instincts" reduced from 3/6/9/12/15% to 2/4/6/8/10%.
* "Improved Leader of the Pack" can no longer get critical heals.
* The armor bonus from "Moonkin Form" has been increased from 360% to 400% (to match Dire Bear Form).
* The rage normalization equation has been adjusted to grant more rage.

Paladins

* The slowing affect from "Avenger's Shield" is now considered a snare, so snare removal and immunity affects will now work on it.

Priests

* The base healing percent from "Vampiric Embrace" has been reduced to 15% from 20%. In addition, this ability can no longer get critical heals.
* "Silent Resolve" no longer reduces threat generated by Shadow spells.
* Prayer of Mending now has a 20 second cooldown.
* If a targeted enemy has a magic effect granting immunity to spell or physical damage, “Mass Dispel” will now always pick that effect as its target.

Shaman

* The clearcasting effect from "Elemental Focus" now triggers on all spell critical strikes, rather than a chance on any spell hit.
* The shaman will no longer generate additional threat when "Unleashed Rage" triggers.
* The free Lightning spell cast from "Lightning Overload" will now cause reduced threat.
* "Stoneclaw Totem" now has a 50% chance to stun attackers for 3 sec. when struck.

Warlock

* "Demonic Tactics" now grants increased critical strike chance to you and your demon pet, instead of increased damage.

Warriors

* The rage normalization equation has been adjusted to grant more rage. The typical warrior should see an increase of 15% to 20% in their rage generation.
* All warriors had their critical strike chance adjusted upward slightly (about 1%).
* "Thunder Clap" is now useable in Defensive Stance. In addition, the tooltip has been adjusted to indicate it causes additional threat.
* The cooldown on "Victory Rush" has been removed, and it can now be used up to 20 seconds after killing an enemy.
* "Unbridled Wrath" has been modified so that rather than a fixed chance to grant rage, it has an increased chance when using slower weapons.

Items

* The threat generated from the spell effect on "Thunderfury" has been substantially reduced.
* The bonus to "Swipe" from the "Idol of Brutality" has been reduced from 50 to 10.
* "Alchemist's Stone" will no longer increase healing and mana gained from items which are not potions.
* The cost of sockets in high end items has been adjusted slightly, the result is that most high end epic items should see an increase in stats.
* Corrected many items that had incorrect stat values assigned to them.
* The rewards from the "Fel Embers" quest are now superior items as intended.
* Reduced the damage dealt by "The Lightning Capacitor".
* Corrected the level requirement of the "Fist of Reckoning".
* "Necklace of Trophies" has been corrected to increase Hit Rating instead of Hit Avoidance.
* "Burnoose of Shifting Ages" can now be disenchanted.
* "Nethershrike" now has the proper sell value and can be disenchanted.
* Corrected the level of "Marksman's Bow" to be in line with other epic reputation rewards.
* The "Marksman's Bow" now has the proper damage range.
* "Hourglass of the Unraveller" will now properly increase ranged attack power.
* Corrected the socket bonus for "Soul-Collar of the Incarnate".
* Corrected a typo in the set bonus of "Warbringer Armor".
* "Ruby Slippers" now properly have a cast time.
* Corrected the min use level of "Terokk's Shadowstaff".
* "Warpscale Leggings" have had their Crit Rating updated to the intended Dodge Rating.
* "Warmaul Slayer's Band" no longer has critical strike rating. However, its agility and attack power have been increased.
* "Ancient Draenei War Talisman" now shares a cooldown with all trinkets that temporarily increase damage done.
* "Ancient Draenei Arcane Relic" shares a cooldown with all trinkets that temporarily increase damage done.
* "Aldor Guardian Rifle" now has a range correctly set on it.
* The effect on "Void Star Talisman" was incorrectly set to On Use. It is now set to On Equip.
* The critical strike rating on "Cilice of Suffering" has been changed to spell critical strike rating.
* The cooldown for "Glimmering Mithril Insignia" has been increased from 10 minutes to 20 minutes.
* The slowing affect from the "Mug 'O Hurt" is now considered a snare, so snare removal and immunity affects will now work on it.

Raids and Dungeons

* Creatures in Tempest Keep:Botanica, Tempest Keep: Mechanar, and Tempest Keep:Arcatraz no longer respawn as rapidly.
* Shadow Labyrinth
o Reduced the chance of a Cabal Assassin ambush.
* Shattered Halls
o Removed a problematic chest.
o The "Resist Shadow" spell cast by Shadowmoon Acolyte's in Shattered Halls will now be removed if a player leaves the zone.
* Serpentshrine Cavern
o Boss creatures have received additional tuning and polish.
* Arcatraz
o Warder and Defender Corpses are now immune to spell effects that could cause the Protean Spawn to not spawn.
o Protean Spawn now deal less damage.
* Tempest Keep Mechanar
o Mechanar Drillers, Wreckers, and Crushers in Tempest Keep: The Mechanar may no longer be enslaved when in Heroic mode.
* Caverns of Time
o Captain Skarloc in Caverns of Time: Escape from Durnholde is no longer susceptible to disarm, and does not slow down when wounded.
o A defeat in the Caverns of Time: Opening of the Dark Portal instance will no longer despawn unlooted bosses with loot.
o Occasionally after players are defeated in the Caverns of Time: Opening of the Dark Portal encounter on Heroic difficulty, the placeholder versions of the bosses that appear in future attempts that day would not spawn. The proper placeholders will now spawn instead of Rift Lords and Rift Keepers.
o Boss creatures in Caverns of Time: Opening of the Dark Portal will now dispel all nearby Time Keepers instead of one at a time.
* Karazhan
o Maiden of Virtue's "Holy Wrath" has been slightly retuned to try and allow additional melee attackers to be used against her.
o Maiden of Virtue's "Holy Fire" has been adjusted to prevent a possible range exploit.
o Maiden of Virtue will no longer "Holy Fire" players under the effect of "Repentance".
o Midnight is no longer susceptible to Bleed effects, since he's a skeletal horse.
o Nightbane's Restless Skeletons are now immune to non-holy magical damage.
o Restless Skeletons no longer have immolation.
o Nightbane's Bone Shard Spray can no longer be interrupted by using an immunity effect.
o Some minor issues with the Library Tomes have been corrected.

Bug Fixes

* Fixed the credits to display properly.

Ricardon
02-24-2007, 10:42 AM
I wouldn't necessarily look at that as a buff for warriors...more a super nerf on Druids. But omfg thank god they did that, eh? Like I said I have'nt played in awhile but I talk to my friends about it a lot, watch some of em play, and of course read a ton of forums in prep for the new rig, and I just can't believe feral druids in bear form were doing that much damage, while having a bajillion health and a bajillion armor lol. Blizzard just said back to healing bitches to all druids haha. Well, not really but you get whay I mean. It's more like they just said lrn2play to all the cats and bears out there lol.

Looking at the War updates it seems like Blizzard wants there to be no mystery involving who they think should be tanking hahaha. Honestly, I thought a slight nerf of Druids was coming along with a buff of Warrior DPS to balance it out. But it seems like they went in the opposite direction with the update and still ended at the same spot: Warrior tank or gtfo hehe.

I do know a couple of Thunderfurry Wars who are PISSED though lol. That weapon deserves to be broken like is...it's so fucking tedious to get lol. Not sure I agree with that nerf, but hey whatever. Do you have a Thunderfurry Jon? I'm assuming you are a Warrior from some of your previous posts. Cow?

Ricardon
02-24-2007, 11:15 AM
I was looking on YTMND to see if anyone had posted any emo thunderfury ones yet, and ran across this. I almost shit myself when I saw it. It's prolly old as hell, but I lol'd in real.

http://nowopassion.ytmnd.com/

Jon H
02-24-2007, 12:20 PM
I'm a Tauren Warrior with no TF. We only have one guy in the guild with TF, we had really bad luck with the bindings and didn't get any for about 6 months (which were gonna go to me). TF is nice, but with the ability to use TC in def stance is huge. IMO this patch would be a nice buff for Warriors, I'm really curious to see what the rage changes are gonna be like for us, when I run instances on normal, I need to unequip some gear because my avoidance %s are too high and I can't get hit to get rage.

If you look at the calculations for Druids.. it's really not that bad of a nerf. Their cat and bear forms are pretty much overpowered, melee pvp doesn't have a chance. WTF is a Rogue or even a Warrior supposed to do with a bear that can heal with 12-13k HP and has 20k armor? lol. Ah well, this game really isn't balanced much for 1v1 pvp anyway. I think Priests are pretty pissed off now. heh

Ricardon
02-24-2007, 12:46 PM
Well I'm not sure if I agree so much with the unbalanced part of it. I think you are 100% correct when talking about poor to average players (not insinuating that I'm a great player or anything like that). I have, however, found that people that are good at MMO's generally are good at all of them. Like if someone was good at EQ or FFXI etc...chances are they are going to be pretty good at WoW once the learning curve is done. Getting back to balance though, I think it has a TON to do with player skill (at to a large degree the player's gear in certain situations). If you take equal player skill though, there are certain classes that will be just incredibly difficult if not impossible to beat. Mages just can't beat Warlocks, Warriors have no chance against Mages etc...(skill for skill, gear for gear of course).

I spent some time on Warrior myself. Not much mind you, but I have a lvl 40 Cow Warrior. I'll probably transfer him over to the new server when I get my rig up as an alt because it has full SM gear and I don't feel like grinding from start to 40 and gearing it for just an alt. I'm interested in seeing how the new buffs to Warrior play out...TC in defensive stance sounds like sex to me!

The Druid changes just never made any kind of sense to me from the beginning. I've been following a friend of mine who had full Naxx gear on her way up to 70. Seeing some of the things she was able to do in baaaare form never seemed even remotely balanced to me. It seems that every class has a specific role that they do extremely well, and the hybrid classes do a lot of things well, but arent extraordinary at anything. Bear Druids, for the short time before they got the nerf bomb, were pretty much extraordinary at everything for a bit. DPS like a rogue or a furry war, tanking BETTER than a prot war AND the ability to heal = WTF? I think even the best druids in the game thought it was a little on the gay side, and they KNEW it was gonna' get fixed. Of course, now you have the alla noobs whining about it, just like they do on the FFXI side of things. But hey, if it was'nt for the noobs, those of us who have a clue would'nt get to stand out right? lol.

My rig needs to get here...NOW!!!!

Ricardon
02-24-2007, 01:05 PM
HOLY SHI-

You see this on the Warrior Forums on WoW.com yet Jon???:

"The published version on the website will be accurate. However, the notes pushed out that will appear on completion of downloading will have an inclusion that did not make it into this patch.

"Charge", "Intercept", and "Intervene" now remove all snaring effects.

The technology for this has not been completed, so we are holding off implementation to a future patch. We are still working to get this functionality into the game, but simply couldn't finish it for this patch's cut off date."

Posted by a blue.

Hmmmmm. Maybe you won't suck so bad in PvP vs. casters for much longer?

nijikon5
02-24-2007, 01:39 PM
what's your new rig setup rich? I recently got a new one too.. btw, i play on lightbringer.

Ricardon
02-24-2007, 01:52 PM
Core 2 extreme 2.66/8mb
680i SLI
2gb
500gb/16mb
768mb 8800 gtx
24" widescreen
and a partridge in a pear tree

Lightbringer?* I thought you played with Alex?* Interesting that there are so many people on SoCalEvo that play WoW (there are a LOT more that don't post in this thread lol), yet we all for the most part play on different servers.* In fact, I think rob/dino/alex is like the most people on the same server lol.

I've got a group of friends that I've been playing pretty much everything with back from Q3A days.* We all played together in Diablo 2 and then moved to FFXI when it came out...we were stuck in that hell hole of a game for almost 3 years wafflez.

MrBubbler
02-24-2007, 02:41 PM
What server youy on Bubbler? My rig was delayed today...so bitter about it. I should have just built the damned thing I woulda been using it two weeks ago!!!

Laughing skull -= )

nijikon5
02-24-2007, 02:46 PM
damn, nice rig setup. I recently got a 6600 core2duo, 8800gtx, 2gig corsair, asus 680i, and a raptorx 150gig.

Yeah.. I've always been on lightbringer since about march 05 or so. I originally rolled on silvermoon during launch and I didn't play that much because no one else i knew really played. My old Quake1DM/TF and EQ buddies asked me to come roll with them on Lightbringer. We disbanded in Dec 05 and I went MIA from games for a while. Then recently the Quake/EQ buddies went to play vanguard while a lot of the my ex-wow guildies started up our old guild. I tried vanguard and it was very mediocre so i'm back on lightbringer raiding in wow :D. I tried to get Alex to play on LB but he said he was too busy. So many other WoW'ers on socalevo and even an endgame raider i see.

Ricardon
02-24-2007, 03:53 PM
There are actually a lot of end game raiders on this site...they just don't post in this topic hehe. Madruk has been noobing it up on the alliance side forever. We actually have a member of SoCalEvo who is a Dev for WoW if you believe it. Identity will be kept secret so that you leg humpers don't bother this person ROFL!! And then there's me...haven't played in almost a year, have a bunch of alts but no character over 55 and I post the most in this topic lol. But, I probably lurk forums more than all of you combined hahahaha...I'm a total video game addict. I lurk forums of games I don't even play anymore and never will play again.

And yeah, Vanguard sucks. I'm actually interested to see if Square Enix actually learns anything from their abortion of an MMO, like Blizzard did through the various mistakes they made and the learning process that was battle.net. The rumor mills have already started about their next MMO project.

nijikon5
02-24-2007, 04:18 PM
For the Dev evo owner.. Roags are the gay. the new end game content pretty much has no use for a roag. we are just deadweight and a burden on the healers mana. you beta tested this game for a million years like every blizz game and didn't realize that the most played class was utterly useless in end game? gg, didn't mean to rant but yeah, roags = the KIAs of wow.

Ricardon
02-24-2007, 04:33 PM
Rogues aren't bad at all imo. They aren't so bad in end game. Especially the newer 5 mans where some of them are all about DPS DPS DPS. They deffinitely don't suck if you're a lvl 19 twink in WSG bwuahahahahahahaa. LRN2PLYKTHNX!!! lol just kidding bro, but seriously...I don't see what's so bad about them? I think they are a lot less versatile endgame than some other classes with the subtlety tree becoming pretty pointless endgame. But overall I don't think it's all that bad at all...they still do retarded damage. Whenever you start feeling down about rogue...just go gank some puke alliance lowbies.

silvery_eagle
02-24-2007, 04:51 PM
i have a 60 rogue in frostwolf..... as my only 1 character :D
rogues are fun... pick pocket = free income.
crits like no other.. highest 2.3k in one blow.

i just got my copy of TBC today from costco. $34.99 gg!

SpdyEvo02
02-24-2007, 05:16 PM
anyone want to sell me a high lvl character i am to lazy..or i can just ebay it

nijikon5
02-24-2007, 05:28 PM
ok Rich, it was silly of me to sound like whinaxing nub on the WoW roag forums. Rogues were THE primere damage dealers pre-BC. Didn't matter if it was a 5,10, 20 or 40 man, roags got the job done and done efficiently. Remember encounters like Rag? A solid group of 6 roags would burn down rag like a malibu home during forest fire season... Now with BC and all the enhancements via talents, spells, and gear roags DPS and threat mitigation has been matched. On top of it, I bring another old school example.. Shazz, a lot of encounters do ridiculous cleaves and Pbaoes making rogues a fat waste of mana. On top of that the little utility we get in subtlety is very trivial now. Sap is absolute crap, it breaks when you're in the middle of a fight and theres no way you can re-apply it, on top of that it can also agro pats. It's like this Rich, our DPS can be matched, we are useless vs. ranged fights, and we offer little utility in the way of 5 man dungeons. Roags weren't nurfed, just not balanced to do well in the new BC end game.

nijikon5
02-24-2007, 05:29 PM
btw, thanks for keeping me entertained at work.. forum posting makes the day go by. silvery_eagle, once you experience 70 end game, you'll see my point :P.

Ricardon
02-25-2007, 12:04 AM
While I have a hard time understanding what you're talking about simply because I have'nt seen too much in the way of 70 rogue @ end game, I have played the class to lvl 50 and have experience end game with mage/warrior and druid.* I also do know what you're talking about with the annoying as fuck 360 degree cleaves.* I'll try to break it down simply the way I see it.

-If you find something extremely annoying or find that the game is severely out of balance in some form, the chances are great that a couple million other people have as well.* Blizzard listens and changes.* It is a process and you know this if you are lvl 70.* Some things take time to figure out.* Sure, they can test things out on the PTR but the best way to figure out balance is by tossing a patch on live and seeing what happens...cause you just never know what's going to happen until people are really using abilities/talents/whatever on their own characters.

-I heard that they are addressing the cleave issue specifically, and will be updated in the upcoming patch.* You know, the one that nerfed the shit out of druids mwuahahahaha?* I segue back into that deal.* How could anyone possibly think that Feral druid bear form wasn't fucking broken?* See what I'm talking about above?* "OH SHI- The baaares are bork, must fix tehm!!".* But yeah, I see them changing several of the TBC raid/dungeon encounters because many of them have not been melee friendly at all as you say...it's getting fixed go PvP or lvl an alt hehehe.

-You still do ridiculous damage.* Period.* I think your concern is more with the second point above.* That in order for you to do your thing you have to be up in tight, and all these retarded mob spams are fucking you up?* Ok so the subtlety tree is useless endgame, and I will totally agree that it needs a revamp.* Hey, aren't rogues next in line for a rehash anyway?* Getting back to damage though this might sting a bit.* Rogues are a bad ass DPS class, but come on, you never were the single best DPS class anyway, why should that change?* Mages own you in PvP (unless you're a 19 twink)and they own you in PvE, so stop whining and take your seat at the slightly smaller chair next to the throne MWUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I'll agree that Rogue needs an update, but I don't think it's totally useless like you suggest.* Whenever I hear someone say stuff like that (and OMFG it's a lot with the 13 year whiney little bitches that play ally side hahahaha)* I always want to think lrn2ply.* Not trying to be an ass, because I know that you know how MMO's work and I'm sure you are a skilled player from the conversations we've had.* But seriously, try something new, or look around the boards maybe there's a Rogue out there doing something different and it owns?* I dunno.* That or just sit back and chill until they fix it, which will happen.

EDIT** Oh yeah, and everytime you notice yourself feeling emo about your usefulness or your versatility, just realize that things can be a lot worse. You could have rolled Priest. Even better...you could have finally gotten your Thunderfury like 2 weeks ago!!!!!

nijikon5
02-25-2007, 03:12 AM
Good post rich. Let me clarify useless and change it to obsolete. The main point i was trying to get across was that pre-bc roags were a class that guilds and groups took along and had use for. BC roags are very unnecessary, in fact the first kara clear worldwide had no roags, and a lot of groups can roll roagless for pretty much anything. Don't get me wrong though, guilds are still taking their roags and what not.. my main gripe is that i feel my class isn't really efficient anymore and that i'm more of a burden on my healers/progress than anything else.

btw, mages never owned me in pvp jolly green giant. mages own roags in certain controlled enviroments like duels, but smart roags in pvp roll with groups and gankshot mages like evos doing laps against KIAs :P. btw, a lot of what i said like roags being top dps pertains more to the 20/40 end game bosses of old wow, reason is because casters eventually run outta mana while roags can continue to sustain their dps.

Above all, the only change in wow that will make me quit playing is when all my friends leave, then i'll quit ;x.

Ricardon
02-25-2007, 07:02 AM
I've seen some very bad people play just about every class. Then when you get the very bad people playing classes that your class has a natural advantage over...it's just comedy. I've found that there are actually not that many people that realy understand how to move really well. I've always said it but a pro FPS player (Q3a, Counterstrike etc...) would end up being a pro in WoW, especially PvP.

I'm not a huge PvPer myself. I love the BG's, but I'm not a huge fan of world PvPs and duels are gay. I probably never liked it much because I didn't know a single person on the PvP server I rolled on so I didn't have anyone to get my back while questing. You know what that means...every single night was me logging in and corpse running all fucking day 'cause of the gay ass 12 year old purple wearing alliance fags that have nothing better to do lol. I'll stop QQ'ng though hahaha.

In a duel, a Rogue has zero chance against a mage...zero. Unless the mage is retarded of course, or his dog bites him in the ankle, or his mom comes into his room and makes him take out the trash rofl. The spots where rogues are best in pvp though is not too disimilar to mages. Kinda taking advantage of the chaos, and getting someone who is distracted by other stuff. The problem is that most rogues I've seen in the BG's have become sooo freaking predictable lol. They all sit there stealthed defending their flags. It's hilarious. It's like they might as well just not stealth up, because even though I can't see them I KNOW they are there. They should just drop stealth and come after me instead of sitting there waiting for me to get close lol. Rush in, AE to break the rogue(s) out of stealth, hi2u!! Frost nova, if you don't have anything that gets rid of snares, or your trinket is on a cooldown it's game over...thats it. Oh if you do break the nova...I'll cold snap your ass and do it again, and then its game over...again. hehe. I HATE Warlocks though. Youy see the gayest shit happen with Warlocks. It's always an insane fight when I get a lock, and I usually end up losing if the guy is even halfway decent. Paladins suck ass for mages too. Good Paladin, just move along cause it's just gonna take too long to kill him haha.

I got a chance to mess around with a buddy o mine's High Warlord UD Mage. This was before the trinket nerfs. That shit was hax even if it made him a 3 minute wonder. Split em up for PvE...super fun.

Anyone ever see the faxmonkey videos? If you haven't it's a Troll Mage named Faxmonkey, forget what server. He's a frosty and he's made a ton of really nice long videos. There's a bunch on Google, just search for Faxmonkey. 94 mobs at once Aoe grinding? LAWL...Mage sucks.

nijikon5
02-25-2007, 12:12 PM
Haha I felt the same way about FPS players playing MMOs. The response time is just much better. MMOs have such a forgiving response time that most veteran FPS players can really just own at it.

As far as dueling goes, watch Ming. Roags can beat mages when specc'd right with enough cooldowns and/or trinkets. It's very situation and doesn't really reflect any kind of BG/World PvP.

Ricardon
02-25-2007, 03:57 PM
Quick question. Which raid boss is the one that yells the DBZ internet meme? Is it Kel'Thuzad? I need to see that with my own eyes. Even though it won't be a surprise, I still bet i laugh myself stupid.

Jon H
02-26-2007, 12:25 AM
Rogues are definetely fun to play and they do very good in the DPS department, my next 70 will probably be my Rogue. But, I don't think I've ever had a moment in any of the TBC 5 mans (normal or heroic mode) where I said "Man, I wish we had a Rogue." Pretty much anything that a rogue can sap, a mage can sheep. And in heroics a lot of trash has 360 cleaves and reliable CC is key. Supposedly Blizz is revamping a lot of trash and bosses to change their 360 cleaves to something like a 180 cleave to help melee DPS be more useful.

I saw that new changes to break snares, about friggin time. :)

Ricardon
02-26-2007, 12:01 PM
As far as the snares thing goes...they still have'nt figured out how to implement it hehehe. They want to make it happen though, and they said possibly in the next patch. So it will just mean than when I kill a Warrior it will just take me a little longer hahahaha.

Faxmonkey Mage vids:
http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=faxmonkey&hl=en

The monkey is my hero lol

RPD_FKTARD
02-26-2007, 12:20 PM
damn... nice link ricardon... he's owning ppl left and right.. wtf nerf mages! lol

Ricardon
02-26-2007, 12:36 PM
There's actually some videos in there where he kind of nubs it up. The cool thing is that he totally puts the bloopers, and his mistakes in there too. It's not like most of the stuff out there where a dude edits in all of his criticals from the past year into one 4 minute clip. By the length and frequency of his videos you can see that the guy is made of win. Also, if you watch older vids, where he does'nt quite have all of the super power mage gear yet...he just owns. He did and entire AV run once in a plain white dress and NOTHING else, and still ripped peoples faces off lol. My favorite stuff that he does though is the PvE and soloing of bosses/elites. There's a TON of Mage PvP vids out there, like I said, but PvP is more about exploiting the chaos more than anything. PvE soloing is like creating you own chaos and his skill really shows up there.

nijikon5
02-26-2007, 02:02 PM
This used to be my old build, i had 120 energy also so it was ambush/bs action in BGs.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1484742869529234181&q=Ming+Rogue&hl=en

ming is a pretty controversial figure among the wow roag forums. Some consider him helpful, others consider him a pompous ass. All his vids are pretty entertaining tho.

Some other good PvPers are Stuck [ UD roag from archimonde. ], Pat [ Tauren war. ].. you can check out there pvp vids from warcraftmovies.

here's another roag with big crits, he's pretty much the big crits guy rich is talking about.. but he has an amazing combination of gear, spec, and buffs/bonuses.

This vid is pretty cool too, shows not all chinamen are farmers :P http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2568937129099109933&q=Ming+Rogue&hl=en

nerf roags:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7410095177695043805
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1924309195372520571
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4203756741355245537

Ricardon
02-27-2007, 01:52 AM
I was doing some other searching around, and I ended up finding another referrence to Faxmonkey. It was some NE rogue that made a couple videos claiming to be Faxmonkey. The guy kept getting owned though...I did'nt see the point at all in those videos. Oh, did you end up seeing the one faxmonkey made of the new BG in the outlands? Totally un-edited (well, sped up significantly so as to not be an hour long lol). He made the video to show the layout and some prelim strats, but was'nt meant to be an actual video. He was owning faces the entire time. And at least now I'm pretty sure what his build is from watching the video...go go water elemental lol.

He also made another shorter video about the new lvl 70 ability Spell Steal. He ended up stealing fire shield from a mob, and then proceeded to fkn rape absolutely everyone in PvP with it. He'd just run around on his mount owning anyone that got close to him without touching a button. Then he'd run into a crowd of like 15-20 alliance peeps, get off his mount, and ice block...15-20 dead alliance members within seconds. Was doing 600-750 or so with crits above 1000 every second or so rofl...was the sickest shit I've seen. Of course, Blizzard IMMEDIATELY nerfed that

OptimusPrime
02-27-2007, 03:53 PM
WARLOCKS FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ricardon
02-27-2007, 10:51 PM
Yeah, Warlocks are fucking broken hahah. They balance out with pretty much every class as far as PvP goes.

It's kind of funny how all of the classes have had their day in the sun so to speak.

RPD_FKTARD
02-28-2007, 11:07 AM
i need to relearn how to play my 60 rogue... lol got owned by a pimped out 49 warrior

Ricardon
02-28-2007, 11:51 AM
i need to relearn how to play my 60 rogue... lol got owned by a pimped out 49 warrior

Did you cry in the corner afterwards? lol

EDIT: Spelling is hard!

nijikon5
02-28-2007, 01:05 PM
first off, spec 31/8/12. or 21/8/22 at 60.

cs > ss > gouge > KS > bs > ss > blind > stealth > cs > gouge > bs > bs > tea > cb evis. he's either dead or you're in total control with evasion, vanish, and sprint till up.

Ricardon
02-28-2007, 01:13 PM
You gotta love a game where you can drink tea while stabbing people in the back!!

Cr0mster
02-28-2007, 10:38 PM
I have a 70 rogue and 70 mage. Everyone wants my mage for instances and my rogue is usually asked to sit out due to them just not being as effective. Kinda a bummer but damn has my gear on my mage gotten good because of this. :)

Terenus
02-28-2007, 10:51 PM
ROFL, good ole days of PVPing. It was fun till after you get R14 and you had nothing else to do.... And to top that off, Blizzard decided to make all those gears obsolete. GG Blizzard!

Ricardon
03-01-2007, 08:28 AM
It's called progression Alex. Stop being a whiney wow.com forums bitch.

XubIX
03-01-2007, 08:31 AM
Undead Rogue FTW!!!!

Im sooooo tempted to get back into playing lol

Ricardon
03-01-2007, 08:35 AM
Undead Rogue FTW!!!!

I bet if you were on the alliance side you'd ahve been a NE rogue right? hehehe. Do you drive a Graphite Gray EVO too? (I know you have a black one I was kidding).

XubIX
03-01-2007, 08:57 AM
nah actually on Alliance before I quit playing I had a level 45 Paladin (1st char made)
level 60 Mage, switched between Ice and Fire all the time, 60 undead rogue, and a level 14 Shaman
Doomhammer Server and Nar Zhul I think was the other one.

I use to ass rape level 60 characters when my rogue was just level 45 blue grade weapons in each hand
all blue grade armor I forgot what each color meant. blue was rare and purple was something and orange was epic or something =\

XubIX
03-01-2007, 08:58 AM
Undead Rogue FTW!!!!

I bet if you were on the alliance side you'd ahve been a NE rogue right? hehehe. Do you drive a Graphite Gray EVO too? (I know you have a black one I was kidding).

If this part time job im interested in starting pays off really well then I am going to be trading in my black evo for a White or Graphite Grey one.

Ricardon
03-01-2007, 09:12 AM
Hehehe, yeah Rogues are still fun to play, but they do need an update for sure. Blizzard is going through it's first real test right now with prgression and balance that is required after a level increase and release of newer, higher level content. I personally think they are handling it VERY well. Of course, everyone wants everything to be perfect instantly and will bitch and moan if things aren't perfect right from the start. I think it's awesome how they test things out WITH players and listen to their feedback when applicable.

EVO_RPM
03-01-2007, 10:48 AM
I have a 70 dwarf hunter on blackhand. Theres so much to do at 70 that I don't think I can level another character to 70 for awhile. I really want a epic flying mount though. I had no idea there were so much of you playing WoW. The game is pretty addicting though.

RPD_FKTARD
03-01-2007, 10:54 AM
just got into outlands... my god there're so many quests just at lv 60
personal favourite has to be riding the flying mount dropping bombs... on top of that.. it's repeatable!

Terenus
03-01-2007, 11:48 AM
It's called progression Alex. Stop being a whiney wow.com forums bitch.

Progression? ROFL! I had full PVE (8/8 T2 and 4/8 T3) and PVP gear, what's there to progress? I had full 18 slot bags from onyxia, all the enchants from ZG. Maybe you knew some secret levels I didn't.

Ricardon
03-01-2007, 11:59 AM
Yeah progression. They introduce new content and you do the new content. They raise the level cap and you grind to max level again. You made a comment about Blizzard making the PvP gear obsolete. I made a comment about that comment. Like I said, progression through content is a good thing. If you have prgressed all the way through all available content and get bored, that is one thing. Complaining that Blizzard made gears obsolute because they introduced new and better gears is totally another thing. And it's just whining. I understand you worked your ass off for those gears. But you'll probably have to work your ass of for the gears that make them "obsolete" as well.

I know that there are various world Green/Blue drops that make some of the older 40 man Purples "obsolete" in the expansion. But that is TOTALLY understandable and required for progression and balance. The Purples in the newer large raid content are the best in the game, and require just as much work to obtain as the last set did. See what I'm talking about progression?

nijikon5
03-01-2007, 02:11 PM
the itemization right now for karazhan isn't that great. just an example some lvl 62 blue shaman quest totem is like +14 lightning while a purp from karazhan is like +10 lightning... hahaha gg.

anyways, rich is right, it makes it obsolete because... blizz doesn't expect people to stop lvling at 60 for months to get a bunch of purps. they want people to try all their new lvl 70 content so they made all the greens and blues scale similarly with the purps you might receive in MC/AQ20/ZG.

T2/2.5/3 is still decent until you hit about 68 though. Alex, this is just Kunark and SoV cycle all over again. phatter lewtz and lots of new content, it's fun tho.

Terenus
03-01-2007, 03:11 PM
Yeah progression. They introduce new content and you do the new content. They raise the level cap and you grind to max level again. You made a comment about Blizzard making the PvP gear obsolete. I made a comment about that comment. Like I said, progression through content is a good thing. If you have prgressed all the way through all available content and get bored, that is one thing. Complaining that Blizzard made gears obsolute because they introduced new and better gears is totally another thing. And it's just whining. I understand you worked your ass off for those gears. But you'll probably have to work your ass of for the gears that make them "obsolete" as well.

I know that there are various world Green/Blue drops that make some of the older 40 man Purples "obsolete" in the expansion. But that is TOTALLY understandable and required for progression and balance. The Purples in the newer large raid content are the best in the game, and require just as much work to obtain as the last set did. See what I'm talking about progression?

Let me ask you this. Did you play wow during the period I did? It was totally different back then and there was really nothing to do but Nax. And you don't seem to know who Vicious Cycle is also, well you should read about them. We disbanded because there really wasn't much to do anymore besides doing 40man raids every night, and now you're coming to me with this BC which has been out for little over a month. There was nothing to progress for us, we had 2-3 world first boss downs on our record for Naxx. In the end, we were one of the top 3 guilds in progression for Nax.

Do you even understand how to get R14 in WoW, please give me a better explanation of me "just whining" about the gear. I'm not bitter because they came out with better gear, I quit and sold my account before they announced the details of the PVP. I'm happy that they changed the whole PVP system now that it's not as intensive as before, but one thing is still bugging me is that the whole concept is still grinding. WoW will always be a grinding game.

Ricardon
03-01-2007, 03:26 PM
I agree with the Kara loots being a bit lack luster right now. *God, I feel like an ass discussing certain things I have yet to experience on my own account. *I've messed around a little, and watched someone else play though. *And of course reading forums and checking all the new schtuff on wowhead and thottbot.

Kara looks like it's truly insane though. *As in loads of fun. *I heard Naxx is like EPIC in it's size (I've only seen a tiny bit of Naxx). *The thing that excites me the most is that there is soooooooo much content out there, and there is so much added all the time that it would be nearly imposible for someone starting out fresh today to get through it all before Blizzard adds more content. *That's what I dig the most. *Blizzard learned a LOT from previous games, especially about listening to their player base and making that a big part of how they make changes/add content.

I know that back when Alex had his priest, it was pretty much MC twice a week, then BWL twice a week with some PvP in the mix. *Of course, nothing will really change for the people who got to 70 in the first few days, but there is sooooooo much to do now. *With the arena PvP system, while it's still very much under construction still so to speak, they even added a lot of variety to PvP, so maybe it won't get completely boring like it was if/when you reach HW/GM.

I'm also under the impression that Kara loot tables will be adjusted a bit. *Blizzard has never seemed to have been a fan of having regular quest rewards and world drops being better than same level raid drops. *

New rig should get here beginning of next week (hopefully Mon or Tue). *It seems that the system has been built for a number of days already but they are having problems tweaking Vista the way they want to. *I shoulda just had them install XP and been done with it. *Anyway, when the new rig gets here I'm starting completely over with a group of 9 people. *Four of them have never played WoW before, but were awesome FFXI players. *So i figure it won't take much at all to get up to running some of the heroics and Kara and such. *Only thing that sucks is that I definitely do not want to get into raiding mode like the bigger 40 maners again, but it will suck not having those loots.

Ricardon
03-01-2007, 03:41 PM
Do you even understand how to get R14 in WoW, please give me a better explanation of me "just whining" about the gear. I'm not bitter because they came out with better gear, I quit and sold my account before they announced the details of the PVP. I'm happy that they changed the whole PVP system now that it's not as intensive as before, but one thing is still bugging me is that the whole concept is still grinding. WoW will always be a grinding game.

HEHEHE, we were posting at the same time. While a lot of what you said above is answered in what I just wrote, this part wasn't. I fully understand what getting R14 is. In fact, I played a lot on a friends character to help him get his HW on his mage. I've heard of Vicious Cycle. Have you heard of Death and Taxes or Blue Garter? We can name drop all day, but it just comes back to the point that both of us know a helluva lot about MMOs right?

And to say that ANY MMO isn't primarily a grind is silly. Of course WoW is a grinding game. So are ALL MMOs. That's the entire principle of them in fact. It's like planting a tree and watching it grow. You have to grind to get to a certain level then enjoy the work by running instances, killing world bosses etc. You plant a tree, feed it and water it every day (this is the grinding part), then pick the fruit when it's time. Same thing.

I'm not trying to say hey Alex you're a little bitch stop QQ'ng. The point was to say that complaining about nothing to do does'nt go very well with complaining about making gear obsolete when new content is released. Which is what you said in your original comment. Get what I'm saying? Another thing that really seems kind of weird to me are the people who blaze through stuff. Picture it like driving super fast on the street. Light turns green you haul ass to the next light and have to sit there and wait. While the guy next to you did the speed limit the entire time, never had to stop and got to the same location exactly at or right about the same time lol. What's the point in being the first person to do something besides epeen anyway? I mean, yeah it's cool and all, but like you said...your guild got bored because they blazed through stuff so fast and now they are missing out on a ton of cool new content because of it.

Terenus
03-01-2007, 03:43 PM
Well, I'm just happy I'm done with all that. Made a little money off some retard and got my life back. haha

Ricardon
03-01-2007, 03:49 PM
Well, I'm just happy I'm done with all that. Made a little money off some retard and got my life back. haha

SO TRUE! Retards who buy accounts always made me laugh. Then again, if nobody would buy them how do we sel them right? I sold Ricardon for a measly $500, but if I'd have waited another 2 months, or sold him about 6 months earlier I could have had over $2k lol. Timing is a bitch, but that's not what we play for.

About the getting your life back thing...well that's a discussion in and of itself. It does'nt have to run your life. It does run many people's lives though. However, I've been able to balance MMOs, work, and social life pretty well. I've also been on the end where all I would do was play the game. There are many examples of both sides. The thing that makes WoW interesting is that is entirely possible to play it casually and still achieve much of if not most to all of the end game things. This was simply almost not possible in FFXI and some games like EQ...you know this.

RPD_FKTARD
03-01-2007, 03:53 PM

i want my money back!!

Terenus
03-01-2007, 03:54 PM

i want my money back!!

STFU before I take it back!

Ricardon
03-01-2007, 03:57 PM
Bring some more noodles fag, we're gonna do poker again soon!!

RPD_FKTARD
03-02-2007, 11:29 AM
Mages are so easy to play... just started one.

** So which server have you guys decided to get together and roll hordes?

Ricardon
03-02-2007, 11:34 AM
Dude I LOVE Mage. Actually I like a lot of different classes, but I really enjoy Mage the most and that's pretty much all that matters right...play what you enjoy playing? And yeah, I'd agree that it's a little on the easier side to play. Coming from FFXI where I played just about the two "busiest" jobs, Thief and Ninja (and Warrior but I considered that pretty easy), Mage is kind of refreshing.

We are rolling on Blade's Edge. PvE server..I know, I know. Most of us have played on PvP servers, and it's just a pain in the ass to start on a well established PvP server where 13 year old griefers abound.

Ricardon
03-02-2007, 02:37 PM
Woot...rig ships today.

x[corwyn]
03-02-2007, 02:43 PM
Woot...rig ships today.

I will believe it when I see it.

Ricardon
03-02-2007, 02:44 PM
]

Woot...rig ships today.

I will believe it when I see it.

Go away!! Unless you wanna roll a Cow Warrior on our server. I bet that would sit REALLY well with your chick.

x[corwyn]
03-02-2007, 03:05 PM
I bet if I set her up she would probably get into it... However I WANT a life outside and i dont want to lose my girlfriend to WOW!!

The Stargate one is coming up though soon. I might be tempted to plunge into the darkside then.

Ricardon
03-02-2007, 03:13 PM
Awwww. I can see it now. You roll a Cow Warrior, and she rolls a female Cow Shaman to heal you while you guys grind on striders all day!

Ricardon
03-02-2007, 04:13 PM
I watched a couple of Ming's videos. They move really well, but I dunno I was'nt blow away by it to be honest. I'll tell you who impressed the FK out of me though...that Warrior Swifty. Holy shit, there's a player. Faxmonkey would beat him though hehehe.

EVO_RPM
03-02-2007, 04:42 PM
Wheres the best place to sell your account? I'm thinking about doing it.

Ricardon
03-02-2007, 04:46 PM
IGE maybe? Or just send a PM to Terenus hehe. I sold my FFXI character on IGE. Don't buy currency though...that's gay.

nijikon5
03-02-2007, 05:33 PM
im about 2.5k off from my epic mount ;x. theres this leet farm spot ill reavel after i get the mount.

urmotha
03-02-2007, 05:38 PM
Dude I LOVE Mage. Actually I like a lot of different classes, but I really enjoy Mage the most and that's pretty much all that matters right...play what you enjoy playing? And yeah, I'd agree that it's a little on the easier side to play. Coming from FFXI where I played just about the two "busiest" jobs, Thief and Ninja (and Warrior but I considered that pretty easy), Mage is kind of refreshing.

We are rolling on Blade's Edge. PvE server..I know, I know. Most of us have played on PvP servers, and it's just a pain in the ass to start on a well established PvP server where 13 year old griefers abound.

Haha. Cool, I think I'll probably roll up a pally on there tonight and mess around. Should be pretty easy since I know that class inside and out by now.

Ricardon
03-02-2007, 05:52 PM
im about 2.5k off from my epic mount ;x. theres this leet farm spot ill reavel after i get the mount.

Send me a PM...we are on different servers anyway, and I won't tell anyone about it. Well, i won't be high enough lvl to use the information anyway so nevermind hahaha. How fast you think it will be for you to get that 2.5k? That's like half way right? I'm assuming you're talking about the 5k epic flying mount.

Make sure you post what your character's name is on Blade's Edge urmotha so we can meet up. Hopefully I'll be up and running on Tuesday...we'll see.

nijikon5
03-02-2007, 07:12 PM
i was at like 1000g on wednesday night when i started, im currently at around 2300 with some blues up for sale too. ill pm you the spot.

RPD_FKTARD
03-02-2007, 07:19 PM
i was at like 1000g on wednesday night when i started, im currently at around 2300 with some blues up for sale too. ill pm you the spot.

can lv 60 grind it too? or is it lv 70 only? :D
i play on frostwolf bytheway

EVO_RPM
03-02-2007, 08:07 PM
can you pm me the spot too pls. We're on different servers anyway

Ricardon
03-02-2007, 08:21 PM
AND SO IT BEGINS!!! Frank's spot will be camped and camped and camped by thousands...then Blizz will nerf it!!

urmotha
03-02-2007, 09:10 PM
Made a female BE pally named Hymena. Let's see how long it takes before my name gets changed ;)

Ricardon
03-02-2007, 09:13 PM
Insta ban for that name hahaha. Did you really want to see the Britney Spears dance that bad? I'm sorry but I'm rolling a BE too simply because Napoleon Dynamite rules the fkn world.

SpdyEvo02
03-05-2007, 01:00 AM

can lv 60 grind it too? or is it lv 70 only? :D
i play on frostwolf bytheway

you play on frostwolf..whats your name...i go on just to harass terenus

Dmoney
03-05-2007, 02:07 PM
LOL I just saw a Ad On myspace saying:

You can still be a level 70 Elf Hunter......And still get a Degree!

Brought to you by Todays Education

LOL

Hamburgler
03-05-2007, 09:31 PM
Server: Gnomeregan
Alliance: msfrankdux 60 warrior retired toon
* * * * * * * artanis* * * * *50 draenei warrior
horde: sollbadguy* *25 blood elf pally
ya if your thinking of starting wow, don't .... game is too addictive and time consuming* :crazy2:

dabie
03-06-2007, 01:10 AM
/agree

I have a new copy of BC on my desk but I cant force myself to open it and install it...
I just think about all those hours that will be wasted for nothing..

Ricardon
03-06-2007, 04:57 AM
/agree

I have a new copy of BC on my desk but I cant force myself to open it and install it...

/disagree

Define wasted. Now define wasted for everyone else on the planet.

My rig came in a day early...Today!! Spent most of the day reorganizing my room and furniture and schtuff. Then setting up the rig. Did'nt actually install WoW/BC until like 7:00 or something, and then did'nt really play it until like 8 or 9 lol. Rolled a BE mage, get it to 11 and then server maintenance. I was like WTF...oh yeah it's Tuesday Maintenance lol. I thought it was like 5am-11am though. Meh, they must have changed things...have'nt played in a year. Took me forever to get the stock UI working the way I like it, and that will probably all be wasted time because I'm probably going to install a new UI before I log back on lol.

Anyone have any recomendations for UI's? I used to use regular old Titan plus a bunch of addons, then I went with Nurfed before I quit. Any good/popular ones been out in a year? Links too prz!

nijikon5
03-06-2007, 06:49 PM
i used nurfed also.

now i just use photek ui with la vendetta.

dabie
03-06-2007, 07:44 PM
wasted as in spending every damn day doing the same raids over and over just to maybe get that one drop that you need...I have prolly cleared mc/bwl like 50 times.. as you can tell I am bitter about raiding lol

as for UI, i used to use the full ctmod panel, simple and efficient

Terenus
03-06-2007, 10:27 PM
i used nurfed also.

now i just use photek ui with la vendetta.

Nurfed was great, I don't know about now.

Senshi
03-06-2007, 10:30 PM
/agree

/disagree

My rig came in a day early...Today!! Spent most of the day reorganizing my room and furniture and schtuff. Then setting up the rig. Did'nt actually install WoW/BC until like 7:00 or something, and then did'nt really play it until like 8 or 9 lol. Rolled a BE mage, get it to 11 and then server maintenance. I was like WTF...oh yeah it's Tuesday Maintenance lol. I thought it was like 5am-11am though. Meh, they must have changed things...have'nt played in a year. Took me forever to get the stock UI working the way I like it, and that will probably all be wasted time because I'm probably going to install a new UI before I log back on lol.

Anyone have any recomendations for UI's? I used to use regular old Titan plus a bunch of addons, then I went with Nurfed before I quit. Any good/popular ones been out in a year? Links too prz!

god damn rich u need to stay away from these games, keep in mind what happened last time with ur fishing nonsense, we want u to stay in cali.....

x[corwyn]
03-07-2007, 12:23 AM
/agree

/disagree

god damn rich u need to stay away from these games, keep in mind what happened last time with ur fishing nonsense, we want u to stay in cali.....

too late. He is sucked in. Hes living off of Pizza and urine...Eyes glazed over and not even touching socalevo.net now. Someone bring a tazer over...

Ricardon
03-07-2007, 12:27 PM
Well, while it is true that I have been playing WoW like non-stop...it has less to do with WoW and more to do with that it's a new rig. If WoW did'nt exist it would be some other game...and omg I just LOVE the new rig!! Does not suck not to have to squint at shit I'm looking at. Besides, I have an interview tomorrow, so I'll prolly be getting to bed early tonight and gettin some good rest.

Oh, and as for SoCalEvo...the only reason I'm even here right now is cause the servers went down for maintenance and I was checking my emails and got PM notifications. This site fucking sucks now, and now that I have something significantly more entertaining than people's constant fucking QQ'ng over the weakest debate about a BOV or some garbage like that...I prolly won't spend too much time here at all. If I have to hear about track wheels being on backorder one more fucking time I'm going to gouge out my eyeballs, slit both wrists and my neck, and cut my own damned penis off!!

Weee anger train! Back on topic though, yeah Nurfed was der shnitzel. I checked out Photek, but honestly did'nt like it much. Call me a nub but I swear Titan works juuuuust fine. My biggest problems were always screen clutter and UI being either too large for the screen or the text being way too small if I scaled the UI down. Basically shitty computer stuff. I don't have that problem now that I can run 1920x1200 at full speed lol.

Anyone remember the old Benecast addon? God that was my favorite. Apparently, the girl who was doing the patch updates for it died in a car accident, so no more Benecast. Anyone know of a decent mod that works well with Titan that is similar to that? I.E. Customizeable Buff addon. Benecast put the buff icon next to the portrait of yourself and all your party members depending on their class. So I had like Arcane Intellect for the priests, shaman, pally's etc, but didnt have that icon show up for rogues and warriors. Everyone got the decurse icon if they got cursed. Icon pops, click the icon, instant cast on that person. Anything out there like that anymore? I looked around on cursed, but so much of that shit is way out of date, and most of it sucks anyway lol.

RPD_FKTARD
03-07-2007, 04:08 PM
1920x1200? what size is ur monitor

gh0stch1ld
03-07-2007, 08:27 PM
finally got back on wow bc. spent 5 hours last night playing. Oh the joy.

Jon H
03-10-2007, 11:55 PM
I just use the ace2 mod package with the deuce commander. For unit frames, I use Xperl. Works well for me :D

Ctseng
03-28-2007, 08:48 PM
Haha, i'm probably the biggest wow nerd here.
Kom ~ Lvl 70 Mage on Blackrock.

RdEvo
04-12-2007, 03:17 PM
is anyone on the servers or want to start up a new char
Ursin(alliance) 25 warlock
Laughing skull (horde) 15 druid
Darkspear(alliance) 10 warrior

/dance

ultraflip
05-10-2007, 11:15 AM
what's wow?

j_nizzle
05-10-2007, 11:19 AM
what's wow?

it's the expression people make when they see my big, black c0x0rzz

RPD_FKTARD
05-10-2007, 12:08 PM
more like WOW... why's it that tiny

j_nizzle
05-10-2007, 02:10 PM
more like WOW... why's it that tiny

WoW, your face is ugly!

RdEvo
05-10-2007, 09:34 PM
ok char update

70 priest(darkspear)
6 mage (darkspear)
26 warlock (ursin)
33 druid (laughing skull)

common there has to be someone on here with chars on these servers

RPD_FKTARD
05-11-2007, 01:59 PM
bah.. all my characters are @ frostwolf

RdEvo
05-13-2007, 06:55 PM

i think i have a horde on frost wolf what lvl are u?

SpdyEvo02
05-13-2007, 07:51 PM
My friend visits these forums everyday (chuckm1020) and told me about this post and I just had to see it for myself.

70 Rogue-Bronzebeard
70 Shaman-Bronzebeard (HWL)
70 Mage-Bronzebeard

you my friend are a nerd

RdEvo
05-13-2007, 09:44 PM
My friend visits these forums everyday (chuckm1020) and told me about this post and I just had to see it for myself.

70 Rogue-Bronzebeard
70 Mage-Bronzebeard

you my friend are a nerd

spdy how are u calling other people nerds?

but nice pic yankees rule

SpdyEvo02
05-13-2007, 09:46 PM

70 Rogue-Bronzebeard
70 Mage-Bronzebeard

you my friend are a nerd

spdy how are u calling other people nerds?

but nice pic yankees rule
because i can

hell yah yanks rule

RPD_FKTARD
05-14-2007, 01:07 PM

i think i have a horde on frost wolf what lvl are u?

eeh... 70 NE rogue, 35 gnome warrior, 24 NE hunter, 19 draenei mage, and some bank characters :P

RdEvo
05-14-2007, 06:06 PM
hmm i have alot of friends on that server that are ally

chuckm1020
05-14-2007, 07:19 PM

70 Rogue-Bronzebeard
70 Mage-Bronzebeard

you my friend are a nerd
lol, he doenst even play that much actually he can get from like 60 to 70 in a few days, i dont know how the hell he does it but he can ahahahha, hell all i have is a 70 rogue and it nearly took me 3 months to get from 60-70 hahahhah :P

SpdyEvo02
05-14-2007, 07:29 PM

70 Rogue-Bronzebeard
70 Mage-Bronzebeard

you my friend are a nerd
lol, he doenst even play that much actually he can get from like 60 to 70 in a few days, i dont know how the hell he does it but he can ahahahha, hell all i have is a 70 rogue and it nearly took me 3 months to get from 60-70 hahahhah :P
and only a nerd would know how to do that.

chuckm1020
05-14-2007, 07:41 PM

70 Rogue-Bronzebeard
70 Mage-Bronzebeard

you my friend are a nerd
and only a nerd would know how to do that.
hahahhah so true, still cant figure out how to do it so fast, must be the nerd instinct, BTW 2 weeks until im out of Chicago!!! i need my thursday meets, i guess chicago could be more interesting if i had a car here and didnt have 5 hours of homework every night!! :(

nijikon5
05-16-2007, 08:43 PM
Being a nerd has nothing to do with leveling fast... It's about time you spend in game... Less social life/work = more in game time.

RdEvo
05-16-2007, 09:06 PM
Being a nerd has nothing to do with leveling fast... It's about time you spend in game... Less social life/work = more in game time.

hmmm if social life = 0
and for work = 8 hours that

hmmmm...... carry the 2

boom that = 60 to 70 in a week
sounds nerdy to me i dunno

RdEvo
05-16-2007, 09:16 PM
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/sys/327772651.html

^ WTF

gh0stch1ld
05-16-2007, 10:53 PM
the only time I get to play Wow is at work. When I'm not working I'll refuse to log in.

Tatyen
02-28-2021, 11:39 PM
I played it for 2 years for sure, then found a site where I could sell my account online for good money at that time, and that's how I made my first pocket money and after that sold 2 more accounts that were weaker but still got money in my pocket. Then I started to do Rocket league trading (https://rl.exchange/) and started with 10$ skin and in a week had at least 70-80$ just from skins and I didn't even play a lot, making money online was more interesting to me than playing games and wasting a lot of time on them.

nicklulu
03-02-2021, 05:06 PM
I've been dusting off my Dune 2000 and StarCraft games.

ISSHIKI
09-30-2021, 02:14 AM
wow is a good game...but now i got another game that i started playing...Sekiro Shadows Die Twice...it's quite challenging and hard...anyone playing it?

Kinemaster MOD APK (https://kinemastermods.com/kinemaster-mod-apk/)

nicklulu
09-30-2021, 09:24 AM
wow is a good game...but now i got another game that i started playing...Sekiro Shadows Die Twice...it's quite challenging and hard...anyone playing it?

Kinemaster MOD APK (https://kinemastermods.com/kinemaster-mod-apk/)

I have not. It's a PS4 title but it does look good.

ISSHIKI
01-20-2022, 03:34 AM
but it's also available in PC . give it a try...you will love its story too.

ISSHIKI
06-24-2022, 11:37 AM
So, did you tried Sekiro game? Master Royale Infinity Download (https://megamodapk.com/master-royale-infinity/)

nicklulu
06-24-2022, 12:23 PM
So, did you tried Sekiro game? Master Royale Infinity Download (https://megamodapk.com/master-royale-infinity/)

Work permits....... not at the moment for me to play games.

Shura
10-24-2022, 12:44 PM
So, did you tried Sekiro game?GB WhatsApp Download (https://gbmod.net/download-gbwhatsapp-apk/)

i played this game. i was fun until i got stuck at the roof with genichiro. i managed to defeat him twice, but his final lightning form is too much for me.

leyo01
05-01-2023, 08:59 PM

Yes I tried this game. It is very hard game but I am still enjoying that. anonymous instagram viewer (https://bringinstavideo.net/)