PDA

View Full Version : Braking wish list....

Smogrunner
02-04-2007, 10:10 PM
I want some new stuff really bad:

Front Rotors: slotted only. Part Number: 2018-311
http://www.racingbrake.com/photos/2018-311-12-2.jpg

Rear Rotors: slotted. Part Number: 2043-311
http://www.racingbrake.com/images/cast_iron_hat1.jpg

Pads for racing:
Hawk DTC 70 front Part Number: PD1001-1U and rear Part Number: PD961-1U
Performance Friction 01
http://www.stikiller.com/productimages/t_16172.jpg

Luxury Broker
02-06-2007, 08:24 AM
who makes those smog? how much are they? are they light?

1of1000MR
02-06-2007, 10:44 AM
You'll be ready for anything after this O0

smokinevo9
02-06-2007, 10:47 AM
how much for the rotors O0

Terry S
02-06-2007, 10:54 AM
how much for the rotors O0

http://www.racingbrake.com/MITSUBISHI_Two_piece_s/505.htm

Terry S

Jenn@ttech
02-07-2007, 01:01 AM
Tom, Christmas is over! :2funny: Nice pic's though.... :twisted: And ttech will have the prices up for these rotors soon!

Alfred@TTech
02-07-2007, 09:17 AM
Tom, I have a feeling we will both be seeing this setup in the near future :mitsu:

Alfred

GokuSSJ4
02-07-2007, 09:23 AM
it looks like its from racing brakes.com
why not consider the PF 2 piece brakes or even the Baer or Project Mu/.. there all great set ups..
also why the D-70 pads, havent heard feedback from that model..

Smogrunner
02-07-2007, 12:55 PM
As far as the pads go, I just bought Performance Friction 01s.

GokuSSJ4
02-07-2007, 12:57 PM
any mayor reasons why ?

Smogrunner
02-07-2007, 01:09 PM
Because I trust StopTech, and when I called them they said that, in their opinion, they would outperform the Ferodo DS3000 for my application.

GokuSSJ4
02-07-2007, 01:44 PM
Because I trust StopTech, and when I called them they said that, in their opinion, they would outperform the Ferodo DS3000 for my application.
so will other pads... but what i want to know is... are this a straight race pad? how harsh are they on your rotors? noise level?
theres pads like the blue hawks 9012 that will do the job, others like PF 97 and even project mu NS series pads that will outperformed the 3000 but what are you sacrificing with these pads? the 3000's are a good choice for stree/track.. i just havent hear much feed back from this.. im willing to try them though LOL ... its getting to the point that i need brakes already on the new IX :buck2:

Smogrunner
02-07-2007, 02:06 PM
I'm not buying these pads for street use. I don't think these would even come close to being "dual use" pads.

GokuSSJ4
02-07-2007, 02:10 PM
I'm not buying these pads for street use. I don't think these would even come close to being "dual use" pads.
any brake pad can be use for the street, it is mainly up to the users that will determine how much can they tolerate .. whether replacing rotors, noise level and temp in order for the pads to performed where they should.

Alfred@TTech
02-07-2007, 05:21 PM
Understood Goku,
Let me clarify: I have no desire to run true racing pads on the street. They would just drive me crazy with noise and waste away my rotors for no good reason. I'll run stock pads or Hawk HPS for around town.

Smogrunner
02-07-2007, 05:37 PM
Understood Goku,
Let me clarify: I have no desire to run true racing pads on the street. They would just drive me crazy with noise and waste away my rotors for no good reason. I'll run stock pads or Hawk HPS for around town.

Oops, that was me on Alfred's account. Forget to log him out...

GokuSSJ4
02-07-2007, 08:04 PM
Understood Goku,

Oops, that was me on Alfred's account. Forget to log him out...
LOL ......

Smogrunner
02-23-2007, 06:32 PM
Welllll, I did more and more reading and research and have decided to go with the Performance Friction 2 piece rotors:
http://www.performancefriction.com/pages/rotor_tech.htm
http://www.amsperformance.com/store/images/evodisc-with-box.gif

What concerned me about them in the first place was that I was worried that having the PFC rotors on the front and the stock ones on the rear might throw off the brake balance of the car (Performance Friction does not make a two piece rotor for the rear calipers). I thought this because Paul Gerrard makes a big deal out of using the same brake pads front and rear for this very reason. So, two weekends ago, I asked Paul about having only two piece rotors on the front and he said that that would be fine, it was only the pads that concern him in terms of balance and bias. So, I'm really happy to get away with only spending money on front rotor upgrades.

Finally, we were all extremely impressed with the performance of the PFC 01 track-only pads at the Time Attack. They worked phenomonally well at the Redline Time Attack. That course is hell of a brake burner. Their performance made PFC as a company just seem that much better.

EVOMANIAC
02-23-2007, 06:42 PM
Smoggy start a Paypal account for donations and see how fast everyone will donate money to help pay for the rotors and pads.

Smogrunner
02-23-2007, 06:58 PM
Smoggy start a Paypal account for donations and see how fast everyone will donate money to help pay for the rotors and pads.

It is funny you mentioned that. I was talking to Alfred about a grassroots TTech racing program where all friends and customers could donate to the program through Paypal , etc. It most certainly wouldn't be for parts for my car that I could enjoy as a daily driver. Most likely it would go towards paying for our driver to come out, paying entry fees, race fuel, tires, etc. We could set up some sort of accountability system with assurances that funds would only go towards agreed upon project and races. Alfred seemed interested, but who knows if it could work...

EVOMANIAC
02-23-2007, 08:39 PM
I would normally not donate to something like that. After the results from the Time Attack that were produced by your car and Tuning Tech I would definitely donate some funds to see what could be done with more R&D and more funding. I think its awesome that a small shop could put out those results.

GokuSSJ4
02-24-2007, 10:59 AM
PFs makes front rotors and Baer makes rear.... so whats the problem smoggie?
you can always run a different brand of 2 piece on the rear without issues ...

smokinevo9
02-24-2007, 11:01 AM

+1
you can even get some rotora 2 piece rotors for those calipers.

Smogrunner
02-24-2007, 11:12 AM

My current understanding is that there is no real need for upgraded rotors in the rear. Just a clean set of OEM Brembos in the rear is all you need.

GokuSSJ4
02-24-2007, 01:32 PM

My current understanding is that there is no real need for upgraded rotors in the rear. Just a clean set of OEM Brembos in the rear is all you need.

thats fine, but you always have options *
funny thing is that i used to run 3000 pads on the front and 2500 on the rear with no problems what so ever..
then again im not Paul who drive like a bat out of hell

Miss Evo8
02-24-2007, 03:27 PM

Well I have those rotors on the front and slotted Rotoras on the rear.... ehh do they make a difference? Maybe.. but I can tell you with my new suspension set up (Hello Kitty Stage2 aka Kill EM All) my car uses its back brakes a lot more.. so Smoggy depending on your set up (suspension) you might need to upgrade those rotors and pads in the rear...and I would only dontate happily to the Grassroots TT racing program if YOU drive! ;)