PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer Survival Horror Games

DTunedEvoX
02-06-2007, 10:34 AM
Besides Resident Evil Outbreak that had multiplayer- is there anything similar for any other platform/pc?

RPD_FKTARD
02-06-2007, 11:27 AM
have you tried last year's F.E.A.R ?

kimletrim
02-06-2007, 11:28 AM
Luigi's Mansion was pretty scary for me, but it was only one player.

DTunedEvoX
02-06-2007, 11:47 AM
have you tried last year's F.E.A.R ?

Yes I have- and I enjoyed it much. But its more of a FPS to me then it was a Survival Horror type game (ala Alone in the Dark/Resident Evil) ...

Luigi's Mansion was pretty scary for me, but it was only one player.

LOLLLL

grafix43
02-06-2007, 11:57 AM
if you have xbox 360 give condemned criminal origins a try, it can be scary if you play it at night in the dark :-o

DTunedEvoX
02-06-2007, 12:09 PM
if you have xbox 360 give condemned criminal origins a try, it can be scary if you play it at night in the dark :-o

I'll have to look into that. I do have a xbox36- thanks!

grafix43
02-06-2007, 12:17 PM

I'll have to look into that. I do have a xbox36- thanks!

no problemo, if u wanna borrow it. 8.95$ + tax lol

nijikon5
02-12-2007, 03:04 PM
This is the one genre of games I wish there was more of. It's hilarious playing outbreak and using those whack ass sound macros. Check gamespot or IGN.. They're making a new zombie survival horror game based on the HL2 engine and they say it's gonna have multiplayer. This game that came out 2 years ago called "Land of the Dead: Road to Fiddler's Green" was also multiplayer but it was trash and it was DeathMatch style. There are lots of people out there making free mods for HL2 based on zombie flicks but none of them have materialized.

DTunedEvoX
02-12-2007, 05:42 PM
This is the one genre of games I wish there was more of. It's hilarious playing outbreak and using those whack ass sound macros. Check gamespot or IGN.. They're making a new zombie survival horror game based on the HL2 engine and they say it's gonna have multiplayer. This game that came out 2 years ago called "Land of the Dead: Road to Fiddler's Green" was also multiplayer but it was trash and it was DeathMatch style. There are lots of people out there making free mods for HL2 based on zombie flicks but none of them have materialized.

Yeah I've done a bunch of searching .. Guess I'm out of luck .. Gonna wait for that biosomething game - looks scary ...

DTunedEvoX
04-12-2007, 02:57 PM
www.l4d.com
Cant wait for this to come out ... They have a 4 vs 4 mode where 4 are survivors and the other 4 are zombies ... Suppose to be released 2Q 2007 so we'll hope for December LOL ...

*chris*
04-12-2007, 05:03 PM
hmmm interesting ...think youll have lots of ammo? that was my main grievance against resident evil ...not enough ammo. i have a very heavy trigger in games like this.

DTunedEvoX
04-12-2007, 05:57 PM
hmmm interesting ...think youll have lots of ammo? that was my main grievance against resident evil ...not enough ammo. i have a very heavy trigger in games like this.

I think that was part of the challenge for RE lol ... But who knows- I just want it to come out!

nijikon5
04-12-2007, 06:17 PM
Ginuwine: I am also excited about this game, this was what i was mentioning in my original post, just forgot about the name -

"Check gamespot or IGN.. They're making a new zombie survival horror game based on the HL2 engine and they say it's gonna have multiplayer."

DTunedEvoX
04-12-2007, 06:22 PM
Ginuwine: I am also excited about this game, this was what i was mentioning in my original post, just forgot about the name -

"Check gamespot or IGN.. They're making a new zombie survival horror game based on the HL2 engine and they say it's gonna have multiplayer."

Ahh I see .. yeah there were a bunch of mods I thought you were reffering to that never materialized. This is going to be sweet if it comes out as advertised!

*chris*
04-12-2007, 07:25 PM
yah i understand it makes it more challenging. but out of all horror themes, zombies creep me the most. so i end up just blowing through ammo like any standard FPS with practically limitless ammo reserves. lol

Granny Shifter
04-12-2007, 07:35 PM
That would be awesome if they had a decent online resident evil game. I loved no. 4.

*chris*
04-12-2007, 07:55 PM
werent they thinking of making 'resident evil: online' awhile back? coulda sworn i had seen that advertised.

re4 gave me migraines...

daledoh
04-12-2007, 10:50 PM
I always wanted a multiplayer style survival horror type of game. Imagine like 10 of your buddies navigating through a sewer system or something just dropping zombies that pop out of nowhere.

Granny Shifter
04-12-2007, 11:21 PM
Idk, but horror games are scariest when they are single player. You have no support and AI can be unpredictable.

ebevo
04-13-2007, 07:52 AM
werent they thinking of making 'resident evil: online' awhile back? coulda sworn i had seen that advertised.

re4 gave me migraines...

wasn't that RE: Outbreak?

I'm fan of RE games...I really like the Outbreak games and teaming up with other ppl...wished they allowed live voice vs the retard marco voices

Can't wait to see what RE5 looks like...if I was going to buy a ps3 it would be because of this game

DTunedEvoX
04-16-2007, 12:04 PM

re4 gave me migraines...

wasn't that RE: Outbreak?

I'm fan of RE games...I really like the Outbreak games and teaming up with other ppl...wished they allowed live voice vs the retard marco voices

Can't wait to see what RE5 looks like...if I was going to buy a ps3 it would be because of this game

Yeah that was Outbreak. Great idea but it didnt seem to appeal to the masses.
With today's technology on Xbox360 and ms purchasing Capcom- I'm hoping we get something awesome. Dead Rising is "ok" ... But just dosnt give me that Resident Evil feel with 09238490238490284092098 zombies everywhere ....

grafix43
04-16-2007, 04:15 PM
im tellin u guys... if u havent tried condemned criminal origins yet on 360, give it a shot.... its a really fun game and can be scary at times... the whole game you are in pitch black environments with only a little flashlight so its cool when someone pops out and scares your ass... plus its gory and has cool weapons to use n stuff..

DTunedEvoX
04-16-2007, 04:21 PM
im tellin u guys... if u havent tried condemned criminal origins yet on 360, give it a shot.... its a really fun game and can be scary at times... the whole game you are in pitch black environments with only a little flashlight so its cool when someone pops out and scares your ass... plus its gory and has cool weapons to use n stuff..

I downloaded the demo .. enjoyed it but ... not sure if I'd buy it LOL ...

grafix43
04-16-2007, 04:43 PM
yea i know once you beat it it's done... but i at least enjoyed it as a rent from gamefly

DTunedEvoX
04-16-2007, 04:46 PM
yea i know once you beat it it's done... but i at least enjoyed it as a rent from gamefly

heh if I had a group of talented or well at least dedicated individuals - I wanted to make my own god damn zombie game using :

http://www.fpscreator.com/

I got the full version w/ all the models/ trimmings/ etc packs... I just havent dabbled with it ... Gotta love my nightly bittorrent downloads while I sleep Zzz Zzz Zzz ...

grafix43
04-16-2007, 04:52 PM
hmm i wonder how good that creator really would be.... My brother works for a video game company and he was telling me about how all the designers and art designers wanted to get together and make some sort of zombie game outside of work.... They have all the skills to create any kind of game they want, so im really interested in seeing if they pursue it and actually make some sort of working game in the future...

EvolvedMCC
04-16-2007, 11:50 PM
Derick look up "Left for Dead" for the XB360. It's online, and looks a lot like Dawn of the Dead I think you play in teams of four players. Looks pretty cool!

DTunedEvoX
06-21-2007, 03:11 PM
Derick look up "Left for Dead" for the XB360. It's online, and looks a lot like Dawn of the Dead I think you play in teams of four players. Looks pretty cool!

http://www.l4d.com/
Yes I've been tracking it for awhile now. It keeps getting pushed back cause it uses the HL2 Engine and the most revised one is episode 2- not sure which version they are gonna use :( Tired of reading about other persons PREVIEWS I want a beta version or demo or something already! LOL

EvolvedMCC
06-22-2007, 04:15 PM
i would think you've been tracking it for a while now, i replied to this post TWO MONTHS AGO!!!!!!!!!!1111

lol

DTunedEvoX
06-22-2007, 04:16 PM
i would think you've been tracking it for a while now, i replied to this post TWO MONTHS AGO!!!!!!!!!!1111

lol

LMAO Back from teh Dead ... you know .. its on topic lol ...