PDA

View Full Version : GST ECU-based boost control under development

trinydex
02-06-2007, 08:43 PM
We are developing a ECU-based closed loop boost control for the evos and have been doing some R&D in the last week on my personal EVO 8.

So far the data is great and I am really excited with the results.

One of the biggest problems with the stock boost control solenoid on the EVO is that, even tuned with different pills, the response and spool rate was always behind a good MBC.

With our new ECU-based boost control, we keep all the factory safe-guards but lose all the factory shortcomings mentioned above. Lightning fast spool, even better than a MBC so far in our testing!, fast response that the stock solenoid cannot match and the ability to custom tailor the boost curve with complete control.

The other great benefit of this system is for people that want to run separate 91 octane tunes and race gas tunes. No more having to pop the hood and twist the MBC to up the boost for the race gas tune and hope that you set it right. Now this is fully controlled by the ecu reflash. Reflash your 91 octane tune to your race gas tune and your boost is set already. Reflash back to your 91 octane tune and your boost is reset to your 91 octane tune.

Here is a comparison between a MBC and our new ECU-based boost control:
(Test run is our new boost control, Base Run is MBC)

http://www.norcalmotorsports.org/users/bryan/mods/EVO/evo_tunes/me/boost_control_020307/gstboost_vs_mbc.jpg

Ignition timing was not changed, AFR was changed to match the MBC tune. (11.5 AFR on 100 octane)

Expect more news soon as we continue to develop this!

:)

leaveit2bevo
02-06-2007, 09:19 PM
saw this on nce its going to be sick when its finished.

Terry S
02-07-2007, 11:04 AM
Yay! Bout time someone beefed up the ECU boost control... I hate MBC's/EBC's.

Terry S

DTunedEvoX
02-07-2007, 11:31 AM
Totally. If I could eliminate my mbc from my hood- there would be nothing to look @ besides a stock looking engine bay ...

trinydex
02-07-2007, 01:02 PM
only problem is changing on the fly... booo :[

Terry S
02-07-2007, 01:15 PM

You can change on the fly as easily as with an MBC. Just plug in the laptop & reflash. Piece o cake.

Terry S

earlyapex
02-07-2007, 01:23 PM

wait until COBB accessport comes out and you won't even need a laptop to do that. ;)

trinydex
02-07-2007, 01:23 PM
yeah...

Terry S
02-07-2007, 02:35 PM

wait until COBB accessport comes out and you won't even need a laptop to do that. ;)

Hasn't that been "coming out" for like 3 years now?

Terry S

earlyapex
02-07-2007, 02:39 PM
Yes but soooon. ;)

trinydex
02-07-2007, 06:06 PM
yeah earlyapex should know... gst is cobb deala

LiquidLife
02-09-2007, 12:28 PM

That will be nice. I had one for my WRX a while ago, before going to the dark side.

RPD_FKTARD
02-09-2007, 06:32 PM
what's the boost psi set at? any boost graph for the dyno runs with mbc and the one with ECU?
how's this different than works flash thingy?

earlyapex
02-09-2007, 06:35 PM
what's the boost psi set at? any boost graph for the dyno runs with mbc and the one with ECU?

Soon danielson...

RPD_FKTARD
02-09-2007, 06:39 PM
bah... i hate teasers....

GokuSSJ4
02-09-2007, 08:09 PM

Soon danielson...
O0