PDA

View Full Version : where to get springs installed (diamondbar/rowland heights) ?

yajo
02-10-2007, 10:34 AM
I have no clue where to go :(

well.. i know SRT and TT, but they're both decently far..

but cmon, there's gotta be at least ONE decent shop to get it

done at around here? any one have any suggestions? i'm getn tired of

searching yellowpages.com for "motorsports" and "concepts."

btw, they have to be opened today!!! or tomorrow..

jerrym
02-12-2007, 05:09 PM
ask mrs. blizzard.

yajo
02-12-2007, 06:27 PM
ended up hitting up Sam @ SRT saturday night, and he setup something for me sunday morning. good peoples..

xEviLxVIIIx
02-12-2007, 06:29 PM
try road race engineering, they are located in sant fe springs. probably closer than south coast.

fusionchicken
02-12-2007, 07:25 PM
+1 for RRE, get an alignment after install as well.

i live right next to diamond bar high school, and RRE is like a 20 min drive for me, way worth the trip.

yajo
02-12-2007, 07:30 PM

i live right next to diamond bar high school, and RRE is like a 20 min drive for me, way worth the trip.
ya ima get an alignment, but i thought u were supposed to "break in" the springs a bit first..

fusionchicken
02-12-2007, 07:43 PM
yea drive it a bit for it to settle first, a week or 2 but depending on how much u drive, with a bad alignment u can't put all the hp to the ground effectively (i.e. losing power), and ur tire will wear unevenly...

i have the same springs as u btw

nlakind
02-12-2007, 08:06 PM
go to Yimi Sport in Santa Clarita! He installed my springs...he was fast & extremely helpful with anything I needed! I suggest him to everyone!

sidewaysevo
02-12-2007, 08:32 PM
For the alignment go to Darin Nishimura at West End in gardena. Had my car aligned there last week couldn't be happier. Well worth the wait.

yajo
02-12-2007, 09:01 PM
For the alignment go to Darin Nishimura at West End in gardena. Had my car aligned there last week couldn't be happier. Well worth the wait.
hrm.. isn't an alignment just an alignment? i was thinkin bout getn one of those life time no charge for alignments at like goodyr across the street.. hrm..

yajo
02-12-2007, 09:02 PM

did your evo ride a bit more rough after putting them in? i'm hoping it'll get a little better.. but love the drop.

fusionchicken
02-12-2007, 09:24 PM
rides a bit firmer, and a bit bouncier on shitty 60 freeway roads, otherwise i have no complaints.

the s2000 got aligned at Westend, and Darin is a great guy, extremely knowledgeable, i would recommend him as well, except if u book today expect to wait a minimum of 2 weeks for ur appointment time.

the firestone on grand/db told me they can't align dropped cars with their equipment, not sure about good year though.

island tires in pasadena (look in buyer's corner for their info) can do alignment as well, and their owner has a IX MR.

align to factory specs should be fine, just make sure the toe is close to 0 so u dont get crazy uneven treadwear; my stock advans' inside is now worn to hell because my alignment from factory was way off.

sidewaysevo
02-12-2007, 09:42 PM
Yep the "wait" was killer.

yajo
02-12-2007, 10:04 PM
the firestone on grand/db told me they can't align dropped cars with their equipment, not sure about good year though.
ghey.. that's where i was planning on going to since they're across the street from me :(

fusionchicken
02-12-2007, 10:09 PM
Yep the weight was killer.

confused the hell out of me, then i realized u meant "wait" ;)

sidewaysevo
02-12-2007, 10:20 PM
haha opps just fixed it. haha

xEviLxVIIIx
02-13-2007, 09:02 AM
hrm.. isn't an alignment just an alignment? i was thinkin bout getn one of those life time no charge for alignments at like goodyr across the street.. hrm..

an alignment is not just an alignment. It can drastically change the way the car handles, drives and also the way the tires will wear.