PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR Madness!!

Crash
02-15-2007, 12:34 PM
I dont know if any of you guys follow nascar but this year was the first year Toyota was going to participate in NASCAR. Michael Waltrup, a pretty famous guy switched over toyota and then all hell broke loose

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/6470864

Yea, he had been caught cheating, using an "oxidizer" as a fuel attitive. Now it may have not been nitrous exactly but hay, you inject an oxygen rich gas molecules that break down to oxygen and whatever in the combustion chamber, you are cheating. Its the whole point of nitrous oxide.

His crew chief has been banned for life from all NASCAR events!

FYI Multiple Nascar teams got popped for cheating as well. NASCAR is getting as crooked as it was back in the days when stock car racing started. I mean come on, a bunch of moonshiners seeing which guys stock looking moonshine delivery car was faster so they raced each other. Criminals from the get go :)

I will stick to watching Austrailian V-8 Supercar.

v8hater
02-15-2007, 12:37 PM
so that was what the substance in the manifold was?

Blak94GSX
02-15-2007, 12:39 PM
Sounds like NASCRAP is finally getting interesting...

Macky
02-15-2007, 12:42 PM
i knew there was no way for those shitboxes to run that fast without some sort of intervention.

Blak94GSX
02-15-2007, 12:54 PM
Speaking of which, I'm having a NASCRAP party at my house on Sunday. PM me if you want to come.

Crash
02-15-2007, 01:26 PM
Wish I could come, but alas, I have work. :-(

Macky
02-15-2007, 02:31 PM
grandma's birthday this sunday, I'll see if I can sneak out O0

jondukes
02-15-2007, 03:06 PM
it was "sterno" coating the inside of the intake mani.- basically a gell subtance that liquifies under heat and as a result increases the octane of whatever was passing through the intake mani.

Crash
02-15-2007, 03:42 PM
it was "sterno" coating the inside of the intake mani.- basically a gell subtance that liquifies under heat and as a result increases the octane of whatever was passing through the intake mani.

oh rly?

Last I heard yesterday, they didnt know what the stuff was in the intake. I was listening to the radio and the speculation was it was some sort of oxidizer. Still, its pretty interesting the kind of enginuity going on to skirt around the rules.

jondukes
02-15-2007, 08:47 PM
nevermind that i was quoting what commentators were saying yesterday right after the incident heres a post from a circle track message board

Michael Waltrip claimed he knew nothing about the inside of his intake manifold being painted with titanium oxide, was he lying?

Most drivers have nothing to do with the engine prep on their cars. But when that driver is also the team owner/operator, can he really claim he has no idea about what's going into his engine? If he truly didn't know the paint was in the manifold, what does that say about his team ownership skills?

Waltirp has claimed the paint inside his manifold was put there by (now former) crewchief David Hyder without his knowledge, and that Hyder was solely responsible for the rules infraction. Since Waltrip is the team owner, would he really be in the dark about what's going into his racing engines, especially when he's right there in the garage, or is his statement really just a way to save face in front of a very annoyed Toyota?

For those who don't know, titanium oxide paint (when ignited form engine heat) when burning gives off pure oxygen. Imagine giving a shot of pure oxygen to the motor after the restrictor plate, and what kind of a performance boost that would bring.Â* Â*
heres a post from a circle track message board

NipponHamFighters
02-15-2007, 10:39 PM
You know Nascar fans want to keep their sport pure!

MR. Bergis is Awesome!
http://thatvideosite.com/view/1301.html

salukidude
02-27-2007, 01:02 AM
I will stick to watching Austrailian V-8 Supercar.

O0

02-27-2007, 05:05 AM
You know Nascar fans want to keep their sport pure!

MR. Bergis is Awesome!
http://thatvideosite.com/view/1301.html

Damn that was hilarious! :2funny:

Ricardon
02-28-2007, 12:45 PM
HAHAHAHAHA!!

THIS IS NASCAR NOT NASCOON!!!!!

nlakind
03-12-2007, 06:56 PM
nevermind that i was quoting what commentators were saying yesterday right after the incident heres a post from a circle track message board

Michael Waltrip claimed he knew nothing about the inside of his intake manifold being painted with titanium oxide, was he lying?

Most drivers have nothing to do with the engine prep on their cars. But when that driver is also the team owner/operator, can he really claim he has no idea about what's going into his engine? If he truly didn't know the paint was in the manifold, what does that say about his team ownership skills?

Waltirp has claimed the paint inside his manifold was put there by (now former) crewchief David Hyder without his knowledge, and that Hyder was solely responsible for the rules infraction. Since Waltrip is the team owner, would he really be in the dark about what's going into his racing engines, especially when he's right there in the garage, or is his statement really just a way to save face in front of a very annoyed Toyota?

For those who don't know, titanium oxide paint (when ignited form engine heat) when burning gives off pure oxygen. Imagine giving a shot of pure oxygen to the motor after the restrictor plate, and what kind of a performance boost that would bring.
heres a post from a circle track message board

Thanks, now I don't need to say anything!