PDA

View Full Version : HELP WITH UPGRADING

guns8707
02-20-2007, 11:33 AM
hey guys. im curious, im just now getting into the whole upgrading mood. i wanted to buy a lip at first but then decided to do mechanical upgrades instead... first question is where should i start? i was thinking a blow off valve, but im not sure if thats the way to start. can anyone with good experience tell me what the best way to start upgrading is?

Terenus
02-20-2007, 11:35 AM
ROFL, BOV is not an upgrade...

Search for Dr. Gray Stage 1.

JDMEVOIX
02-20-2007, 11:36 AM
bad idea. stick with the stage 1 for first mods. check the FAQ and you'll see. might wanna start with a 3 inch exhaust though.

v8hater
02-20-2007, 11:36 AM
Don't upgrade just keep it stock and enjoy it at the track,
BUT if you must the Dr Gray Stage 1 is the way to go.

guns8707
02-20-2007, 11:41 AM
thanks for the input.

tabio42
02-20-2007, 11:48 AM
Any exhaust upgrade will yield you a bunch of power.

gen4k20a2
02-20-2007, 12:10 PM
A BOV O0 O0

:2funny:

j_nizzle
02-20-2007, 12:12 PM
you need underglow first to earn your street cred...after that, a vroom box, then a exhaust tip with rainbow led's, a faux-nitrous purge kit, and as many vinyl stickers as possible.

1000whp is easily achieveable with these mods.

Bueller
02-20-2007, 12:15 PM
If i were you id get a stage 3 dual chrome tip 3in Ti BOV...infact get the twin turbo setup. Then get a bunch of stickers and youre set. O0

gen4k20a2
02-20-2007, 12:20 PM
ok enough messing just search....before you ask questions...use that search button.

desertRS
02-20-2007, 01:04 PM
k&n drop in and a catback , mbc if u got some extra cheese get a tune

blkside
02-20-2007, 01:23 PM
Your first upgrade should be the SEARCH button... it will guide you exactly where you wanna go and I heard if you use it properly you wont go up in flames...

http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=37&action=search2

guns8707
02-20-2007, 02:29 PM
omg, all i wanted was help not smart ass replies. im sorryyyyy i dont know everything about cars their master guru of vehicles.

Bueller
02-20-2007, 03:41 PM
omg, all i wanted was help not smart ass replies. im sorryyyyy i dont know everything about cars their master guru of vehicles.

Youre a noob and youre telling us that as your first mod youre considering a BOV!...and you want to know what we think? :? What do you expect? Silly questions as such have been asked enough already! Thus, regardless of what you think, youre going to get flamed for asking such questions...period. Some of us who actually track our cars have never even considered such a ridiculous mod as a bov as our "first things first" things to do. You want to know what mod to do first? Your EVO has more than enough power in stock form...more than youll ever need. So if you already havent done so, go learn how to drive it properly. Once youve learned how to drive it properly (if you have the funds) look into a suspension upgrade, if not, look into the Mueller stage 1 (which includes a rsb, and an alignment). Now go search...read...learn.

kEvo VIII
02-20-2007, 03:58 PM

Youre a noob and youre telling us that as your first mod youre considering a BOV!...and you want to know what we think? :?

He just admitted that he doesnt know much about cars, and you just said he was a noob, so how would you expect him to know that a BOV is not an upgrade??

guns8707
02-20-2007, 06:14 PM
easy, he is the almighty i know everything about cars guy. cant mess with him. anyway, for those who did try and teach me something without being total dickheads thank you.

ps.
and if you already read the same damn question more than once, stop trying to sound like ur hot shit and reply with stupid comments dumb ass

blkside
02-20-2007, 06:20 PM
Bro my comment wasnt meant to be funny... there are 5000 members at the minimum on here... Out of the 5K there are 2K that posted a thread called what should my first mod be... out of those 2K 1 K has 20+ pages of mods and they enduo with 2 constants...

1. BOV is NOT Necessary esp with a IX - unless you are trying to draw attention to your self.

Turbo Back Exhaust
K&N Drop IN
Dejon Tool MBC
660/720cc Denso Injectors
Walboro fuel pump
Cams
Flash or SAFC2 or both...

Now you need to decide what brands....

fusionchicken
02-20-2007, 06:22 PM
do a search next time, for all that is still good in humanity.

u want to do these:

TBE (catback, downpipe, highflow cat or test pipe)
Manual boost controller (if u have a IX u can turn it up to 20-21psi peak untuned - u will notice a significant difference in top end)
drop-in air filter - k&n or Works
fuel pump - so u can up the boost in a *safer* manner while u get a tune.
tune (Tuning TEchnologies or Scot gray) - with a TBE and MBC + a tune u will see 310-330whp on dynojet.

after that u can add injectors, lower intercooler pipe, o2 housing, cams (gsc or cosworth), then get a retune and say hello to 340-350whp on 91 oct.

after that upgrade the turbo.

flipbboy03
02-20-2007, 08:51 PM
get a full tbe then drop in filter and then mbc + tune O0

GokuSSJ4
02-20-2007, 08:58 PM
some of you guys are smart asses!!! instead of helping the guy and pointing him on the right direction by providing links or information, you guys decided to flame... = lame..
not everyone knows about upgrades and what things to do or not to...

GokuSSJ4
02-20-2007, 09:01 PM
what a way to show others what steps to take... an btw a bov can be an upgrade, especially for those that have 03's (i understand that might not be the case but you never know who might be reading all of this nonsense)
how about providing some useful responses instead of flaming the guy.

Bueller
02-20-2007, 09:06 PM
easy, he is the almighty i know everything about cars guy. cant mess with him. anyway, for those who did try and teach me something without being total dickheads thank you.

ps.
and if you already read the same damn question more than once, stop trying to sound like ur hot shit and reply with stupid comments dumb ass

:2funny: Â*Listen up son...i was being nice to you. Â*You obviously have never spent any time on a car forum. Â*You prolly havent even read all the threads created for you noobs...not to mention the FAQ. Â*If you dont utilize the search feature (also noted by a few others) and instead ask questions about bov's as your first mod youre going to get flamed.../thread. Â*Why you ask?...well thats something you will learn in time. Â*As soon as you grow some hair on your chest and quit cryin that we flamed you a bit (btw i was very nice), youll soon find out that ive provided for you THE best advice around. Â*Go back and read my advice as your first mods. Â*And when youre done cryin Â*:'( come out to a meet and ill buy you some freakin ice cream. Â*Better now?Â* Â*:angel:

bash
02-20-2007, 09:15 PM
do you have an 8 or 9 ? pm me if you want specific help. Ive had both and can tell you exactly what you want to do.

flipbboy03
02-20-2007, 09:16 PM
do you have an 8 or 9 ? pm me if you want specific help. Ive had both and can tell you exactly what you want to do.

+1
same here. anytime!

Terenus
02-20-2007, 10:25 PM
Guys, chill out. He's new so give him a break.

j_nizzle
02-20-2007, 10:27 PM
Guys, chill out. He's new so give him a break.

i got to get my last few n00bi3 pwn thoughts in before i say me peace-outsides!

Bueller
02-20-2007, 11:30 PM
Heres 1 of the 5.7396825 million bov links you should have read before you asked about your first mod and it being a bov: http://www.socalevo.net/forum/index.php?topic=26117.0

Bueller
02-20-2007, 11:34 PM
Your first upgrade should be the SEARCH button... it will guide you exactly where you wanna go and I heard if you use it properly you wont go up in flames...

http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=37&action=search2

:2funny:Â* I forgot about that link.Â* :D

desertRS
02-21-2007, 09:42 AM
flamers should be banned, you guys act like you everything there is to know about cars and about what are the "right" questions to ask, if there is a million threads about" what should be my first mod?" and your tired of them guess what DONT REPLY!!!

trinydex
02-26-2007, 01:55 PM

ps.
i wonder if anyone notices that i move all these topics to faq...

and i then i wonder why all the people that ask this EXACT question always say that the person tired of seeing these questions is the dickhead. why don't the said ops ever think of themselves as dickheads??? they're the ones coming to a forum where they have no stake... attempting to get freebees and hand outs of information without even lifting a single finger of their own effort to invest in what is ULTIMATELY their own damn responsibility and decision.

i really wonder... cuz i have put SO much effort into organizing this place so people can find things with the GREATEST of ease and i've tried to make socalevo the library of alexandria for evos... yet people come here and treat it like evom and think that's ok. no.

if you're not knowitall about cars... come here to learn. if you don't know how to learn, well you got some bigger problems. find out how to do that first and then once you're really at a dead end (instead of not knowing where to start) THEN ask for help.

fusionchicken
02-27-2007, 02:33 AM

ps.

and i then i wonder why all the people that ask this EXACT question always say that the person tired of seeing these questions is the dickhead. why don't the said ops ever think of themselves as dickheads??? they're the ones coming to a forum where they have no stake... attempting to get freebees and hand outs of information without even lifting a single finger of their own effort to invest in what is ULTIMATELY their own damn responsibility and decision.

i really wonder... cuz i have put SO much effort into organizing this place so people can find things with the GREATEST of ease and i've tried to make socalevo the library of alexandria for evos... yet people come here and treat it like evom and think that's ok. no.

if you're not knowitall about cars... come here to learn. if you don't know how to learn, well you got some bigger problems. find out how to do that first and then once you're really at a dead end (instead of not knowing where to start) THEN ask for help.

harsh but will make this board a better place for all :)

guns8707
02-27-2007, 06:58 PM
Hey everyone, I found that thing you call SEARCH. It does work very well, so thanks for all the input and can we put this damn subj to rest???? :smitten:

SoCal
02-27-2007, 07:14 PM
Congrats on the purcahse and good luck on the tunning!!! O0

GokuSSJ4
03-01-2007, 01:20 AM

ps.

you have to understand that most forums are that way... always full ogf questions... the evo community has really shine when it comes to how much full of info it has become with such short amount of time.. i believe pm the new guy or having a mod direct them the right way and locking the thread would be another choice. instead of allowing people to continue with remarks that dont help at all but to scare people away.
how do they expect for them to learn? we were all new peeps at one time in a car forum and were full of questions. you have taken a huge responsability into looking, posting and replying pms when it comes to your average questions... but locking a thread after a few links would be ideal, instead of allowing others to start flaming the new guy.. since that doesnt help either!!!

Bueller
03-01-2007, 03:16 AM
Lets be serious tomas...in all fairness, i think everyone was very very very easy on the guy. Heck, i even gave him the best advice around...i doubt people will argue i didnt. Yes, weve all been noobs...been there done that. "Im still standing...yea, yea, yea..." Bottom line is, just like in life, if you cant take a little heat then you bes leave the kitchen. :coolsmiley: