PDA

View Full Version : Robi thread

EvoPwr
02-21-2007, 03:39 PM
Where did this go, I hope people didn't get rid of it, it contained fraud and safety issues.

GokuSSJ4
02-21-2007, 03:48 PM
Where did this go, I hope people didn't get rid of it, it contained fraud and safety issues.
this would go more under feedback and suggestions. dont you think?

EvoPwr
02-21-2007, 03:52 PM
i dunno, it should be feedback, it has to do with buyers, i dont know and dont really care where it goes

Miss Evo8
02-21-2007, 05:33 PM

I think youre talking about the minivan to muellerized evo thred... but it seems to have vanished..... :?

EvoPwr
02-21-2007, 05:35 PM

I think youre talking about the minivan to muellerized evo thred... but it seems to have vanished..... :?

yea, it was about robis work and fraud

Miss Evo8
02-21-2007, 05:39 PM

I think youre talking about the minivan to muellerized evo thred... but it seems to have vanished.....Â* :?

yes I know... lol it became the "caulk and electrical tape" thred :D

GokuSSJ4
02-21-2007, 05:47 PM

I believe Neil (i can be wrong on this) decided to get rid off it since they wanted to make sure it didnt get out of control... no need for that !

EvoPwr
02-21-2007, 05:48 PM
but seriously, i dont think they condone fraud and safety issues, this should be known not hidden

Miss Evo8
02-21-2007, 05:51 PM
but seriously, i dont think they condone fraud and safety issues, this should be known not hidden

seriously... people have lost wheels on the fwy and caused accidents because of Robis work.. and cars have been damaged... this should be known... (not being a fan girl here)

GokuSSJ4
02-21-2007, 05:54 PM
very true! perhaps maybe locking the thread and leaving it on a certain area under the buyers corner section for peeps to read.. that would be an idea... but im sure the admins and socal team can enlight you in regards of the situation..

EvoPwr
02-21-2007, 05:54 PM
very true! perhaps maybe locking the thread and leaving it on a certain area under the buyers corner section for peeps to read.. that would be an idea... but im sure the admins and socal team can enlight you in regards of the situation..

that would work. but allow experiences to be added.

GokuSSJ4
02-21-2007, 06:10 PM

that would work. but allow experiences to be added.
well thats the problem because that just allows or is an open invitation for peeps to start a flame war! specially on a topic like this involving another vendor

Granny Shifter
02-21-2007, 06:14 PM

seriously... people have lost wheels on the fwy and caused accidents because of Robis work.. and cars have been damaged... this should be known... (not being a fan girl here)

Oh wow, I was not aware of that. It would be good to have info like this for others to make descisions.

Miss Evo8
02-21-2007, 06:20 PM

Oh wow, I was not aware of that.Â* It would be good to have info like this for others to make descisions.

hey when you go in on Friday ask John to show you his pics of the crap hes fixed.... you can sit for hours listening to the horror stories! and hes got pics so it did happen!

x[corwyn]
02-21-2007, 06:22 PM
I am very dissapointed that a moderator deleted and removed a thread that had information about dangerous and unethical work done to an Evo.

Smells like Cover Up.

Does this site and /or moderator have a personal stake with that vendor? Very unethical behavior from this site. Information of that sort belonged in the suspension area because it was (big surprise here) information about suspension setup from a well known vendor that a lot of people here recommend.

Yet another Neil moderation nazism. Any people that buy from Robi that missed that thread now and get that same treatment can thank Neil for that. Wheels coming off... Dangerous setups. People can get killed from that. Thanks Neil. I was considering that KW setup from Robi. Glad I saw that thread before it was junked. Might have saved me money and perhaps my life.

Miss Evo8
02-21-2007, 06:33 PM
+1 good point Chad.. I dont know what Mod did this.. but come on (not being a fan girl) people losing tires on theÂ* 15 fwy after leaving the "shop" of Robi? if someone is giving this guy thousands of dollars at least their damn tires should stay on the car right? and bathroom caulk in the bushings? I seen it first hand.. Id be ready to kill if someone put bathroon caulk in my 30K vehicle... damn I have seen some ghetto ass honda shit in my day but god damn! bathroon caulk? WTH potential buyers should know this stuff... we flame each other and talk shit.. but I wouldn't even let someone I hate take their Evo without warning them first to be destroyed at that "shop".... it just makes the community look bad to have some ghetto motherfucker screwing up perfectly good Evos and taking innocent peoples hard earned money!

gsrIXevo
02-21-2007, 07:26 PM
Hey Hey Hey... lets get something straight....

I dont mean to post jack.... But the termÂ* "Ghetto": in my book means to get something that has broken to work in an unorthodox type of way....

When you say wheels are falling off... and trailing arms barely holding on... that is in no way "ghetto" thats justÂ* straight up "negligence" at its finest....

now you may contiune with your posting......

"I'm taking 'Ghetto' back for the real "GHETTO" PPL out there......."Â* O0

GHETTO est. 1980 ~ ;)

blkside
02-21-2007, 07:34 PM
Ghetto -1979 here...

I think it should have been cleaned and then posted back up with a note that you can contact a MOD to report experiences in the thread but WTF do I know...

statix
02-21-2007, 07:40 PM
+1 good poing Chad.. I dont know what Mod did this.. but come on (not being a fan girl) people losing tires on the 15 fwy after leaving the "shop" of Robi? if someone is giving this guy thousands of dollars at least their damn tires should stay on the car right? and bathroom caulk in the bushings? I seen it first hand.. Id be ready to kill if someone put bathroon caulk in my 30K vehicle... damn I have seen some ghetto ass honda shit in my day but god damn! bathroon caulk? WTH potential buyers should know this stuff... we flame each other and talk shit.. but I wouldn't even let someone I hate take their Evo without warning them first to be destroyed at that "shop".... it just makes the community look bad to have some ghetto motherfucker screwing up perfectly good Evos and taking innocent peoples hard earned money!

Yea, I think we got your point of view on maybe the 4,5 or 6th post!
Do you even know what caulking is?
I can only imagine how much your loving this bad press on Robi, being how much you jock Mueller's nutt's.....

Miss Evo8
02-21-2007, 07:41 PM
yeah I do... my dad did some contractor work when I was younger... O0

smokinevo9
02-21-2007, 08:13 PM
+1 good poing Chad.. I dont know what Mod did this.. but come on (not being a fan girl) people losing tires on the 15 fwy after leaving the "shop" of Robi? if someone is giving this guy thousands of dollars at least their damn tires should stay on the car right? and bathroom caulk in the bushings? I seen it first hand.. Id be ready to kill if someone put bathroon caulk in my 30K vehicle... damn I have seen some ghetto ass honda shit in my day but god damn! bathroon caulk? WTH potential buyers should know this stuff... we flame each other and talk shit.. but I wouldn't even let someone I hate take their Evo without warning them first to be destroyed at that "shop".... it just makes the community look bad to have some ghetto motherfucker screwing up perfectly good Evos and taking innocent peoples hard earned money!

Yea, I think we got your point of view on maybe the 4,5 or 6th post!
Do you even know what caulking is?
I can only imagine how much your loving this bad press on Robi, being how much you jock Mueller's nutt's.....

+1............................................lol

EVO Neil
02-21-2007, 08:28 PM

I believe Neil (i can be wrong on this) decided to get rid off it since they wanted to make sure it didnt get out of control... no need for that !

I wanted to lock it, that was all. I wasn't the one to move or lock it. I sent it upstairs to Rob or Dino or one of the other more knowledgable mods to decide...since it was such a sensative subject. I agree that it should be left in the buyers corner section.

EVO Neil
02-21-2007, 08:37 PM
]
I am very dissapointed that a moderator deleted and removed a thread that had information about dangerous and unethical work done to an Evo.

Smells like Cover Up.

Does this site and /or moderator have a personal stake with that vendor? Very unethical behavior from this site. Information of that sort belonged in the suspension area because it was (big surprise here) information about suspension setup from a well known vendor that a lot of people here recommend.

Yet another Neil moderation nazism. Any people that buy from Robi that missed that thread now and get that same treatment can thank Neil for that. Wheels coming off... Dangerous setups. People can get killed from that. Thanks Neil. I was considering that KW setup from Robi. Glad I saw that thread before it was junked. Might have saved me money and perhaps my life.

As I've previously stated I know both men, but have used neither for ANY work, so there is no personal stake.

As usual, you have assumed and now have made an ASS out of yourself since you are 100% wrong as I didn't lock or move the thread. I'd say I'm waiting for my apology buy you're such an ass it wouldn't have any merit.

Ricardon
02-21-2007, 08:38 PM
Everything that happens on this site is your fault Neil!!! Â*Everytime anything has been locked or moved, it's ALWAYS you right? Â*Sorry man, it must suck to have to put up with this stuff all the time. And this isn't a direct bash on you Chad...Neil gets a lot of flack for stuff he had nothing to do with, and I know exactly what that is like from my experience being a mod/admin here. Â*

And, I totally agree on the opinion that maybe it should have been locked (simply from it going so horribly off topic), but it should have been kept there for people to see. Â*I've never had work done with Robi, but he was always a VERY nice guy with me. Â*I crashed at his place once, and he gave me a ride to SEMA one year, and was nothing but helpful to me and some other people I know. Â*I consider him to be a friend of mine, but that's another subject. Â*Some people have had some very serious issues with his work on their cars, but that's also beside the point. Â*The buyers corner was created for people to post their experiences and opinions. Â*Things should be locked when they get out of hand, but never deleted so that when people come to the site they can use the search button to look at all of the things people say about a certain vendor. Â*That way people can make their own decisions of who they want to use. Â*Besides, how the hell are we going to tell people to use the search button if there is nothing to search for...anyone else see the irony here?

Terenus
02-21-2007, 08:44 PM
Here's my .02

I as a moderator don't think this thread should be cleaned/deleted until it gets out of hand. We're here to keep the peace and help the community with the best of our knowledge, not to censor information.

This is what I said right before it got canned. I was monitoring this thread and for people who screwed around, their posts will be deleted and reported to Admins. It may have been in the wrong section (Suspension, Handling, Tires, and Braking) and moved to Buyer's Corner but IMO, nothing was really wrong with the thread.

drmosh
02-21-2007, 08:44 PM
We are reviewing the thread and will decide to either move it back when accused parties have their say and get to the bottom of it.

Don't try to assume like there's some stake or something because that's just all that it is, you assuming nothing that's reality.

This is not 24, there's no conspiracy here so stop trying to shoot from the grassy gnoll. Jack Bauer doesn't work for us.

But maybe... Mr. Anderson... can you step into my office?

x[corwyn]
02-21-2007, 08:50 PM
]

Smells like Cover Up.

As I've previously stated I know both men, but have used neither for ANY work, so there is no personal stake.

As usual, you have assumed and now have made an ASS out of yourself since you are 100% wrong as I didn't lock or move the thread. I'd say I'm waiting for my apology buy you're such an ass it wouldn't have any merit.

You said you locked the thread. That still falls in my category as screwing with information that can harm people. I asked you not to and gave you my reasons why. You do things your own way, and I saw it as wrong. You didnt need to lock the thread or even moderate it at all. If there was any need maybe some cleanup. You had to go overkill again on the moderation. If you dont want people to think you do things like that maybe you shouldnt have done them in the past. You have erased posts and other things before.

Maybe you are a cool guy in person but I hate posting in threads you mod. Of course this will probably be erased like previous posts...

x[corwyn]
02-21-2007, 08:51 PM
Everything that happens on this site is your fault Neil!!! Everytime anything has been locked or moved, it's ALWAYS you right? Sorry man, it must suck to have to put up with this stuff all the time. And this isn't a direct bash on you Chad...Neil gets a lot of flack for stuff he had nothing to do with, and I know exactly what that is like from my experience being a mod/admin here.

And, I totally agree on the opinion that maybe it should have been locked (simply from it going so horribly off topic), but it should have been kept there for people to see. I've never had work done with Robi, but he was always a VERY nice guy with me. I crashed at his place once, and he gave me a ride to SEMA one year, and was nothing but helpful to me and some other people I know. I consider him to be a friend of mine, but that's another subject. Some people have had some very serious issues with his work on their cars, but that's also beside the point. The buyers corner was created for people to post their experiences and opinions. Things should be locked when they get out of hand, but never deleted so that when people come to the site they can use the search button to look at all of the things people say about a certain vendor. That way people can make their own decisions of who they want to use. Besides, how the hell are we going to tell people to use the search button if there is nothing to search for...anyone else see the irony here?

Rich there was some usual fanboy issues but there wasnt anything over the line. It may have warranted cleaning but not deletion or locking.

Blaze
02-21-2007, 08:54 PM
Everything that happens on this site is your fault Neil!!! Â*Everytime anything has been locked or moved, it's ALWAYS you right? Â*

You people (not you Rich, calm down) have no idea what goes on half the time on this site.
Assumed politics, vested interests and corruption...c'mon...

If any of you seriously thing SoCal advocates or is in league with it's vendors in a fashion that would defraud or risk the lives of our members/communit, get the FK off this site now.Â* Take your friends, save your families and do us all a favor in the process.Â*

This thread is locked. Â*Read up three posts for the explaination of events.

Coolguy949
02-21-2007, 09:30 PM
We brought the thread back out to Buyer's Corner. This is to give RobiSpec the opportunity to shed light on this situation, as we have contacted him. Please refrain from posting any opinions or fan boy remarks about RobiSpec. The thread is now for factual posts directly related to the issue.

gt40
02-22-2007, 11:09 PM
We brought the thread back out to Buyer's Corner. This is to give RobiSpec the opportunity to shed light on this situation, as we have contacted him. Please refrain from posting any opinions or fan boy remarks about RobiSpec. The thread is now for factual posts directly related to the issue.

good call O0