PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade Path... tips and suggestions..

juice_cazarez
02-25-2007, 03:28 PM
hey guys... well ive had my car for not that long and yea ... i feel it weak already.. lol .. so its time for some upgrades.. rite now its pretty much stock other than a mbc and an intake... now my goal is to be in the 400ish HP ... so wut route should i take.... if someone could hook me up and give me a complete list of items i will need to get to that....

fusionchicken
02-25-2007, 03:39 PM
with all due respect, why can't people just search about this kind of stuff, it's only been covered 5000 times. i've answered a thread almost exactly like this a while back...

400hp on what kind of dyno? i'll assume dynojet since i think u're in socal.

if so u'll need an upgraded turbo to hit that.

assuming u have an 05 VIII with every bolt-on's + cams u'll be hitting 350-360whp-ish with 100oct, 330whp-ish with 91 oct.

all the bolt-on's + cams = turbo back exhaust, o2 housing, front mount intercooler + pipings (lower/upper intercooler pipes), cams, injectors, ported stock exhaust manifold + cams.

if u want 400whp on 91 oct. u'll need a decently sized turbo...the 20g-LT hit 380whp with every bolt-on's + cams on a IX on this board on 91 oct on a dynojet, so still not 400whp like u want.

juice_cazarez
02-25-2007, 03:47 PM
yea i know thats y i was kind of iffy about posting this cuz i know someones gonna be "well y dont u do some research" ..... and let me tell u .... thats what ive been doing all this morning since i got to work... yea i know im a fucken bumb i got nothing else better to do at work.. ahaha fuck it.. but yea theres like different turbo kits people have used.. some people like them.. others dont.. iono im just trying to narrow it down..

evo robert
02-25-2007, 03:52 PM
lol we got the same last name

except i have an "S" at the end

juice_cazarez
02-25-2007, 04:08 PM
thats funny... cuz my last name is actually with an "S" at the end... my dad never fixed it so he just left with a Z .. everyone else in my fam has a S ... wtf!??!?!! and yea thats not really a common last name... u sure we aint cusins or somethin... lol

EvoPwr
02-25-2007, 06:28 PM
there are tons of write ups on turbos, if you cant take the time to search then you shouldnt get the mod. O0

bash
02-25-2007, 06:41 PM
lock lock lock

juice_cazarez
02-25-2007, 06:55 PM
i did take the time... but yea wutever :tickedoff:

JDMC-WestEVO
02-25-2007, 07:33 PM
you can hit 400whp with alky :)

Terry S
02-25-2007, 11:33 PM
i did take the time... but yea wutever :tickedoff:

Here's a thread with the dyno sheets to people with Evo8's and aftermarket turbos as dyno'd at TuningTech:

http://www.socalevo.net/forum/index.php?topic=35247.0

Your welcome.

Terry S

P.S. call a tuning shop and ask them what you need for 400whp. You wont get an honest or straight answer on a forum.

juice_cazarez
02-26-2007, 03:37 AM
Here's a thread with the dyno sheets to people with Evo8's and aftermarket turbos as dyno'd at TuningTech:

http://www.socalevo.net/forum/index.php?topic=35247.0

Your welcome.

Terry S

P.S. call a tuning shop and ask them what you need for 400whp. You wont get an honest or straight answer on a forum

kool thanks alot...

trinydex
02-26-2007, 01:48 PM
so ur work day of research got you........

LiquidLife
03-06-2007, 05:18 PM
with all due respect, why can't people just search about this kind of stuff, it's only been covered 5000 times. i've answered a thread almost exactly like this a while back...

assuming u have an 05 VIII with every bolt-on's + cams u'll be hitting 350-360whp-ish with 100oct, 330whp-ish with 91 oct.

all the bolt-on's + cams = turbo back exhaust, o2 housing, front mount intercooler + pipings (lower/upper intercooler pipes), cams, injectors, ported stock exhaust manifold + cams.

if u want 400whp on 91 oct. u'll need a decently sized turbo...the 20g-LT hit 380whp with every bolt-on's + cams on a IX on this board on 91 oct on a dynojet, so still not 400whp like u want.

Because people like to talk to people.

EvoPwr
03-06-2007, 05:19 PM

Because people like to talk to people.

then join a self help group.

trinydex
03-06-2007, 05:35 PM
well if you like to talk to people... let's get the basics out of the way... AND THEN you can ask people, what do you guys think about this setup, what about this combination of parts?

OR you could talk to people in the 5 million other threads exactly like the one that you unthinkingly made cuz there you have an open audience. have you read the how to search socalevo? do you somehow think you're above it? cuz it's got all kinds of good information that you'd otherwise not know.

juice_cazarez
03-06-2007, 06:25 PM
cacaheads :knuppel2:

trinydex
03-06-2007, 08:00 PM
the thing is i wish i didn't come off as such a shithead every time i posted in these threads cuz the fact is i've put up my offer very publically for a long time to help people PERSONALLY. anyone can pm me any time to go over nitty gritty like this and have everything explained to them. fusionchicken is just one person that took advantage of this for over 3 months... AND STILL DOES. ask him how mnay PAGES of pms and ims we've had.

his understanding has grown A LOT, he still asks a lotta questions but he's learnin' more everyday. this is to speak nothing of the MONEY HE'S SAVED from not doin' the wrong stuff. i have NO problem with this, he can bug me as much as he wants.

the fact is i ONLY post in threads like this. other times when people ask "legit" questions i just let others "take care of it" you'll hardly ever see me posting "help" unless i'm correcting someone on some slight nuance or clarifying something. the fact is... in the end there's very little that needs to be said anyway, a lil searching goes a long way.

fusionchicken
03-06-2007, 08:11 PM
the thing is i wish i didn't come off as such a shithead every time i posted in these threads cuz the fact is i've put up my offer very publically for a long time to help people PERSONALLY. anyone can pm me any time to go over nitty gritty like this and have everything explained to them. fusionchicken is just one person that took advantage of this for over 3 months... AND STILL DOES. ask him how mnay PAGES of pms and ims we've had.

his understanding has grown A LOT, he still asks a lotta questions but he's learnin' more everyday. this is to speak nothing of the MONEY HE'S SAVED from not doin' the wrong stuff. i have NO problem with this, he can bug me as much as he wants.

the fact is i ONLY post in threads like this. other times when people ask "legit" questions i just let others "take care of it" you'll hardly ever see me posting "help" unless i'm correcting someone on some slight nuance or clarifying something. the fact is... in the end there's very little that needs to be said anyway, a lil searching goes a long way.

Davy ftw.

LiquidLife
03-07-2007, 09:38 AM
Hey, I'm just sayin', always so quick to get pissy...

Bueller
03-07-2007, 10:55 AM
^^^
You havent been around long enough to understand.

Blk Mivo IX
03-07-2007, 09:24 PM
^^^
You havent been around long enough to understand.

+1

trinydex
is the guru for evos pretty much
he knows alot and jjust pm and he will tell

LiquidLife
03-07-2007, 09:25 PM
probably not...

veilsidefd3s87
03-20-2007, 08:37 PM
hey guys... well ive had my car for not that long and yea ... i feel it weak already.. lol .. so its time for some upgrades.. rite now its pretty much stock other than a mbc and an intake... now my goal is to be in the 400ish HP ... so wut route should i take.... if someone could hook me up and give me a complete list of items i will need to get to that....

search search!!! lol just kidding but really man search! nah go with a 20glt and with all the supporting mods and you should be straight, but keep in mind youll be slower than the top dogs of a 35r on up though......lol j/k

juice_cazarez
03-21-2007, 12:56 AM

search search!!! lol just kidding but really man search! nah go with a 20glt and with all the supporting mods and you should be straight, but keep in mind youll be slower than the top dogs of a 35r on up though......lol j/k

lol fuck u frank... ahahha dick head.. get back to work... but yea so when u sellin ur gt35r?

rammsteinmatt
03-21-2007, 12:16 PM
are you sure you even want 400, or is that just some number you pulled out of your head? ive got a tad under 400 i'd say, and without suspension modifications, its only really good going in a straight line.

if i hit boost on a curve like on a freeway on ramp, the car immediately and unwantedly changes to the other lane

so you can ask all you want here about how to get 400whp, and there is a pretty much set formula for getting that. but when you get to 400whp, are you really gonna like it? your car's gonna be really loud, and waste gas like its going out of style, its gonna take a good while to spool the turbo.

i know plenty of people that have built their cars up, only to go back to stock or sell their car, because the power just wasnt worth it. the car kept breaking, it cost too much, was obviously illegal and such.

you know what a better idea is (unless you want to just drag race). just get a turbo back, boost controller, and cams, injectors and fuel pump (that'll get you somewhere in the 330-340whp range). then take all the extra money you would have spent on a turbo kit, FMIC, twin disc clutch and stuff like that, and buy a swaybar, bushings, coilovers. i'd bet you you'll be much happier with your car. it would be decently legal, fun and easy to drive, have sufficient power, and destroy your lap times compared to 400whp with stock suspension.

just something to think about, its your car, do what you want; but im speaking from experience

QuickShifter
03-21-2007, 12:47 PM
Forget searching, its boring. O0

Catless turbo-back, 02 housing, cam gears, aggressive camshafts (280's), Intercooler piping, upgraded intercooler, intake, Injectors, fuel pump, alky injection, and a Tuning Tech Tune. Should be able to achieve 400 crank horsepower on the stock turbo. Youll need an upgraded clutch for sure, and should seriously look into brake and suspension upgrades as well. Have fun

juice_cazarez
03-21-2007, 01:20 PM
hmmm... never reallly thought of it like that.... good suggestions.. .. good lookin out O0

LiquidLife
03-21-2007, 02:11 PM
Talk to Alfred at Tuning Technologies. Good prices, great service, fast Evo's.

Bueller
03-22-2007, 12:54 AM
are you sure you even want 400, or is that just some number you pulled out of your head? ive got a tad under 400 i'd say, and without suspension modifications, its only really good going in a straight line.

if i hit boost on a curve like on a freeway on ramp, the car immediately and unwantedly changes to the other lane

so you can ask all you want here about how to get 400whp, and there is a pretty much set formula for getting that. but when you get to 400whp, are you really gonna like it? your car's gonna be really loud, and waste gas like its going out of style, its gonna take a good while to spool the turbo.

i know plenty of people that have built their cars up, only to go back to stock or sell their car, because the power just wasnt worth it. the car kept breaking, it cost too much, was obviously illegal and such.

you know what a better idea is (unless you want to just drag race). just get a turbo back, boost controller, and cams, injectors and fuel pump (that'll get you somewhere in the 330-340whp range). then take all the extra money you would have spent on a turbo kit, FMIC, twin disc clutch and stuff like that, and buy a swaybar, bushings, coilovers. i'd bet you you'll be much happier with your car. it would be decently legal, fun and easy to drive, have sufficient power, and destroy your lap times compared to 400whp with stock suspension.

just something to think about, its your car, do what you want; but im speaking from experience

+1...God i guess ill reply like some sweet princess this time. BUT ONLY THIS ONE TIME! :roll: :twisted:

To the OP...i agree with the preceding response. Since you have not provided any reason why youre inquiring about such a route...then you leave us to only suspect that you dont know what youre getting yourself into. Otherwise, at one point or another you would have mentioned your experience...or something about track events/time attacks or something about drag strips. But then again, if you do have such experience then chances are you wouldnt have inquired in the first place...ie, you would have been on the phone long time ago consulting with your tuna.

Long story short, if you dont even know why you want such power, then its in your best interest to reconsider. I can think of a few people i track with who regretted going the big power route...these people have now done what rammsteinmatt mentioned...ie, theyve downsized one way or another. Do you know how much power 300whp/wtq is let alone 340whp/wtq?...if you dont, then i assure you that it is waaaaay more than you think.

usmc0311
03-22-2007, 02:52 AM
you can hit 400whp with alky :)

and blow up too. O0