PDA

View Full Version : Any Gundam fans out there? Here is a cool Gundam game.

Granny Shifter
02-26-2007, 03:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAZfp-g0kwU
Just ordered my copy online. I played this in the arcades in Japan and I have to say it is one fun fast paced game!

Macky
02-26-2007, 03:28 PM
Will it work on the US PS2? I just finished watching the entire Seed Destiny Series and am a long-time Gundam fan myself.

btw, where did you order it?

Granny Shifter
02-26-2007, 07:04 PM
No, it won't work on a US PS2. I ordered the little clips to put on my slimline PS2 in order to use Swap Magic 3.6. My old PS2 broke and I used to use a slide card. If you are interested, I can help you mod your ps2 to play imports. It depends if you have a slimline PS2 or a regular one. The regular one requires a slide card and the discs and the slimline requires the clips and the discs. You can get these at:
www.thegiantstore.com
As for the Gundam game, I ordered it off of ebay and it is being shipped. You can also order it from:
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-r-49-en-15-Rengou%2Bvs.%2BZ.A.F.T.-70-1kyj.html
If you are in the area, I might be able to burn you a copy.

P.S. (The discs with the slide tool or clips allows you to play dvd-r back ups).

Macky
02-26-2007, 08:40 PM
thanks bro. ill just hit you up one of these days when i get some free time from work. i looked at the new gundam game for the PS3 and that looked like shit.

have you seen the entire seed destiny series? i think the writers made a huge improvement compared to Gundam X, Turn A and the ones following gundam W

Granny Shifter
02-27-2007, 12:21 AM
Np. I have seen Destiny but I did not like the plot line of it nearly as much as Seed. They had a different director and he seemed to rush with the story. You don't really get to connect with some characters. Shin is a little bitch, for example. Actually, a really weird transition was with Meer, Lacus' impersonator. They kinda tanked her really quick. Gundam X was a good plot line because it was a series the creaters created as a "what if Char dropped the colony from Char's Counter Attack". It had some cool elements with the references to Newtypes and such. Turn A Gundam was a way to sum up the Universal Century and After Century. It was a good summary of the Gundam's. I thought it was kinda weird with the old technology at first, but then you see Zaku's and stuff pop up. I'm currently watching this because it is the only series I haven't seen. Gundam Wing was okay. The political aspect of it was good, but the Gundams (in my opinion) were to cheap and corney. I recommend you watch Zeta Gundam. That has probably the best plot. It's about the most powerful Newtype that ever existed. The most dramatic Gundam is Victory Gundam, which you can watch here:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/showseries?id=1126
This finishes up the terrific Universal Century. Sorry for going on. I'm a big Gundam fan. I have seen the entire franchise since I was a kid.

Macky
02-27-2007, 09:43 AM
Ive seen Z and double ZZ. Those were good, albeit a bit gloomy. Ive been watching as much as I can over the years, and have been collecting some rare items along the way. V Gundam was ok for me, but I loved 0083 Stardust Memory - although that became a drag after the plot unfolded with the obliteration of the Federal Base by Anavel Gato and the Physallis. G Gundam was fun, that i loved the most.
Seed for me is a lot better maybe just because I look for a certain factor in the Gundam Series. I'll check out Turn A when all's said and done - frankly I just dont like the way the Gundam looks there lol

Granny Shifter
02-27-2007, 10:22 AM
Sweet! Another Gundam fan on socalevo. I have to agree with you, Stardust Memory was really good. The GP-02 Gundam is probably one of my favorite. I liked the story with the Sea of Solomon event and stuff. Seed is okay with me, it's just it is a rip off of the UC timeline. Coordinators=New Types, Federation=Federation. It is the same formula, but it works. The Turn A Gundam looks really tacky and the story moves slowly, but it seems to be picking up. Actually, I haven't seen the Gundam Seed Stargazer episodes. I need to download those.

Macky
02-27-2007, 11:18 AM
Sweet! Another Gundam fan on socalevo. I have to agree with you, Stardust Memory was really good. The GP-02 Gundam is probably one of my favorite. I liked the story with the Sea of Solomon event and stuff. Seed is okay with me, it's just it is a rip off of the UC timeline. Coordinators=New Types, Federation=Federation. It is the same formula, but it works. The Turn A Gundam looks really tacky and the story moves slowly, but it seems to be picking up. Actually, I haven't seen the Gundam Seed Stargazer episodes. I need to download those.

havent seen the stargazer episodes, but im collecting the Gundam FIX models. I so far have only two because the ones I want are hard to find. I wanted the Gundam FIX model of the GP02 Physallis but cant find one locally, the ones on Ebay have a chance of being not in "mint" condition. I have the FIX Wing and FIX Gundam Freedom. Im looking for the FIX Strike Freedom Gundam.

The last episode of Seed Destiny, where Rey finds out his mom is the Captain of the Minerva and apparently, the dad, the Chairman of ZAFT, was actually quite good. and seeing heavy Gundam vs Gundam action scenes really brings back good memories. O0

Granny Shifter
02-27-2007, 11:27 AM
Yup, I liked the conclusion of Destiny. I just realized that every series has someone wearing a mask, haha. I have two Master Grade Zeta Gundams. One regular and one for the Kalaba Forces. If you are interested, I have them in the boxes untouched.

Macky
02-27-2007, 11:29 AM
Yup, I liked the conclusion of Destiny. I just realized that every series has someone wearing a mask, haha. I have two Master Grade Zeta Gundams. One regular and one for the Kalaba Forces. If you are interested, I have them in the boxes untouched.

thanks bro. I want to collect one series at a time. I have most of the Wing series Gundams in model form, all of them (except the bad guys) in the action model form and the Tallgeese III and Wing Zero Custom in the Arch Enemies model. what im looking for is a good Epyon Gundam model. I prefer the ones that are for display. I just want to look at them already built lol

Granny Shifter
02-27-2007, 12:53 PM
Ya, I know what you mean. I'm just hooked on mecha. Have you seen Rahxephon? That's another great one. Btw, there aren't any other Gundam fans on socalevo?

Macky
02-27-2007, 03:32 PM
not that i know of. it was a hobby of mine since i was in HS over 15 years ago.

Granny Shifter
02-27-2007, 11:45 PM
Yup, it's just awesome. It's the combination of the complex storyline, character development, badass mecha, and much more that gets me. When are they coming out with Seed 3!!! Anyways, here is a good fansite that has good info about the seed timeline:
http://www.seedgenesis.net/

RPD_FKTARD
03-13-2007, 12:09 PM
any crazy die hard gundam fans?
this should interests them
http://www.dannychoo.com/blog_entry/eng/624/Gundam+Condom.../