PDA

View Full Version : Throttle Lift? (Road racing track events)

drive01
02-27-2007, 01:36 PM
Hey Guys

I noticed that when lifting throttle (while in boost) on the Evo, the car nose dives. I would assume I have to lift completely off the throttle so the BOV is actuacted (relieving boost) to avoid this?
The Evo is new to me, I'm coming from a fully track prepped Integra R I used to track regularly.
In my head, I can picture the car getting squirly in the middle of a turn if I were to lift the throttle.
Can anyone add their 2 cents?
Thanks guys

RPD_FKTARD
02-27-2007, 02:06 PM
you dont lift throttle in the middle of a turn.
bad things happen if you do that

gt40
02-27-2007, 02:16 PM
Forget bov nonsense and just try to drive smooth with throttle and brakes to keep your tires loaded through the turns with no abrupt changes. Lifting the throttle unweights your tires and could cause a loss of traction.

Miss Evo8
02-27-2007, 02:21 PM
stay on the gas!!! stay on the gas!!!! :D
coming from a front wheel drive myself.... it took me a bit to stop driving my Evo like a Honda....
smooth smooth smooth..... eh which I need to practice! :buck2:

Blak94GSX
02-27-2007, 02:24 PM
Brake in a straight line before the turn, so that you are going slow enough to be able to get back on the throttle a little bit through the turn. The car is a LOT more stable if you are slightly accelerating through the turns.

The BOV opens and dumps all of the boost if you just barely lift the throttle. You can't smoothly modulate the throttle on a turbo car like you can with a NA car. Only lift the throttle if you are badly understeering and there is a wall coming up. :p

ryan0
02-27-2007, 02:28 PM
wait.. you think that the car being under boost makes the nose dive?

go out and buy any racing theory book.. think about the physics of the whole deal.. THEN get back in the car.

ryan0
02-27-2007, 02:30 PM
Lifting the throttle unweights your tires and could cause a loss of traction.

it unloads your REAR tires.. it puts more load on the front.

drive01
02-28-2007, 01:50 PM
thanks wise guy, go buy an english 1A book, then come talk to me.
How about reading the entire paragraph before shooting off smart a$$ remarks like that?
Thanks to everyone else for their input!! (they all understood what I was talking about) O0

ryan0
02-28-2007, 03:26 PM
thanks wise guy, go buy an english 1A book, then come talk to me.
How about reading the entire paragraph before shooting off smart a$$ remarks like that?
Thanks to everyone else for their input!! (they all understood what I was talking about) O0

my engrish was just fine..

seriously.. all this theory can be found on the internet or in books..

Timujin
02-28-2007, 10:56 PM
Hell Ride?

all stock
03-10-2007, 10:06 PM
left foot brake instead of lifting if you need to rotate more.

Bueller
03-11-2007, 09:53 PM
Hey Guys

I noticed that when lifting throttle (while in boost) on the Evo, the car nose dives. I would assume I have to lift completely off the throttle so the BOV is actuacted (relieving boost) to avoid this?
The Evo is new to me, I'm coming from a fully track prepped Integra R I used to track regularly.
In my head, I can picture the car getting squirly in the middle of a turn if I were to lift the throttle.
Can anyone add their 2 cents?
Thanks guys

Just out of curiosity, this scenario that youre describing, did it actually happen on a track?...if so, which one and what section? Oh and regardless of whether or not youre the Socal track expert, youre a noob...so be nice or learn to kiss some a@@ before you talk back to other members. O0

boostin_terrier
03-16-2007, 10:12 PM
lift the throttle in mid apex and see what happens

just make sure there are no other cars or walls around you.

Skiracer
03-16-2007, 10:18 PM

This is what an Evo looks like when you lift in mid apex going approx 100MPH
http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/userpics/11007/112-1244_IMG.JPG

boostin_terrier
03-17-2007, 07:10 PM

This is what an Evo looks like when you lift in mid apex going approx 100MPH
http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/userpics/11007/112-1244_IMG.JPG

is that you? i learned the wrong way going CW right after the chicane....it was my first time CW and that chicane is mighty tricky on the first time 'round!

all 4 in dirt...lol

but seriously though he should just do it so he knows exactly what happens when he lifts off the throttle

Miss Evo8
03-18-2007, 02:40 PM
Meh.. you 05 and newer peeps with all your ACD trickery! you guys can just point the nose and floor it.. the ACD helps you along.. throttle lift at times in an 03 with an open front diff is kinda fun at times! :smitten: ....after many "flying" trips off the track into the dirt I learned to throttle steer.. I apply that on the street too.. hee hee remember the "turns" by my house Kerryann? :twisted: Throttle steer the whole way around that little "sweeper" :twisted:

Barfly
03-18-2007, 06:53 PM
i learned the wrong way going CW right after the chicane....it was my first time CW and that chicane is mighty tricky on the first time 'round!

all 4 in dirt...lol

only on your first time? i went 4 off on 3 consecutive sessions trying to nail that chicane. i tried lining up differently during each one, but kept braking over the berms. finally got it on the 4th session. :) good times.