PDA

View Full Version : What do you suggest on my mod selection?

HB Evo Owner
03-03-2007, 05:50 PM
Right now i've got exhaust and intake. have evo ix rims on my evo 8. and i've also got JDM VII tails and a VIS carbon trunk.

just came up on $1,200. and have a tough time on deciding what to get next.

I either want: JDM rear bumper and Generator. or coilovers. I heard the Megan Coilovers were pretty good.

What do you guys think I should get out of these. Or something else I should get.

trying to see what your opinions. and i dont want to get bashed on for this postÂ* :knuppel2: haha

thisxguy
03-03-2007, 05:53 PM
intake isnt necessary but since it's on i guess you can keep it. lol

what is your "exahust"
get a o2 housing, downpipe, high flow cat or test pipe, catback,

you're going to get all the mueller and robi people flaming you soon becuase you're thinking about megan coilovers. some people have good experience with them, some dont.

depends what your goals with the car are...

EvoPwr
03-03-2007, 05:55 PM
exactly what are your goals?

smokinevo9
03-03-2007, 05:58 PM
Right now i've got exhaust and intake. have evo ix rims on my evo 8. and i've also got JDM VII tails and a VIS carbon trunk.

just came up on $1,200. and have a tough time on deciding what to get next.

I either want: JDM rear bumper and Generator. or coilovers. I heard the Megan Coilovers were pretty good.

What do you guys think I should get out of these. Or something else I should get.

trying to see what your opinions. and i dont want to get bashed on for this post :knuppel2: haha

if you want power go get the following...
fuel pump
injectors
mbc
test pipe
safc2
down pipe
and go get the bitch tuned

HB Evo Owner
03-03-2007, 06:14 PM
exactly what are your goals?

Right now I want more of visual mods. Which is why I was thinking rear bumper and generator. but I also want a drop and I don't want to put just springs, I want coilovers which is why I threw that out there.

And I'm looking for something around $1,200 or less for the coilovers.

If you guys have better ideas let me know but I was trying to decide whether to go with the bumper and generator or the coilovers so the car sits lower.

thisxguy
03-03-2007, 06:17 PM
are you going to track the car?

if you want visuals then the jdm rear and vortex generator will do...you can get a front lip also

HB Evo Owner
03-03-2007, 06:21 PM
are you going to track the car?

if you want visuals then the jdm rear and vortex generator will do...you can get a front lip also

no just a DD. I want power mods but nothing crazy and I want visuals as of right now. I can worry about power later.

blkside
03-03-2007, 06:26 PM
If your not tracking your car then get the JDM IX bumper and the VG and Espelir ASD springs... it will give you a nice drop and still drive pretty good...

EvoPwr
03-03-2007, 06:26 PM
then i would say rear bumper, VG and a front splitter or lip.

HB Evo Owner
03-03-2007, 06:30 PM
If your not tracking your car then get the JDM IX bumper and the VG and Espelir ASD springs... it will give you a nice drop and still drive pretty good...

You guys think its worth getting just springs? And not coilovers? I've had alot of people talking about blown this and blown that because of just springs. And I dont want to mess it up. People have told me coilovers because of a nice ride and safer on the suspension and some people have told me if I want something like that to just get the MR suspension.
Because I want a smooth ride, my friend's brothers got Tein springs on his and its bumpy

EvoPwr
03-03-2007, 06:32 PM

You guys think its worth getting just springs? And not coilovers? I've had alot of people talking about blown this and blown that because of just springs. And I dont want to mess it up. People have told me coilovers because of a nice ride and safer on the suspension and some people have told me if I want something like that to just get the MR suspension.
Because I want a smooth ride, my friend's brothers got Tein springs on his and its bumpy

I have the MR suspension for sale, bilsteins + stock springs, nice smooth ride compared to the GSR suspension. Let me know ;)

HB Evo Owner
03-03-2007, 07:53 PM
haha for how much?

EvoPwr
03-03-2007, 07:57 PM
check your pm's.

Bueller
03-04-2007, 06:52 AM
Ya, this all depends on what you want out of your car. Theres some really good info in this thread: http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=37&topic=39166.msg6971905#msg6971905

Terry S
03-05-2007, 10:17 AM
Stickers. $1200 worth of stickers.

It's the most visual stuff you can get for your money.

Terry S

SoCal
03-05-2007, 10:24 AM
Stickers. $1200 worth of stickers.

It's the most visual stuff you can get for your money.

Terry SÂ*
Â*

That's what I did!!! lol!!Â* Â*:grin:
You should get the lip, JDM bumper, maybe even the generator.... O0