PDA

View Full Version : so who is right?

Sho
03-05-2007, 04:27 PM
http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?threadid=232841

thinking about buying that intake from him but if i have to get a flash, i would rather go get a k&n filter... i need some opinions.

leaveit2bevo
03-05-2007, 04:31 PM
it will still piss off the maf, just get the KN drop in filter.

markymark
03-05-2007, 04:35 PM
Just to make sure, tuning will take care of the maf problem right.

Sho
03-05-2007, 04:36 PM
this is a noob question but with k&n filter, will my bov get louder? i have aps bov and i pretty much dont hear it.

markymark
03-05-2007, 04:38 PM
this is a noob question but with k&n filter, will my bov get louder? i have aps bov and i pretty much dont hear it.

if its a drop in filter, im pretty sure it will not make it louder. If its the cone filter, than yes.

chopshop
03-05-2007, 05:12 PM
when using a drop-in filter won't make your BOV louder, but when you replace the entire air box it will it will be louder

EvoPwr
03-05-2007, 05:14 PM
when using a drop-in filter won't make your BOV louder, but when you replace the entire air box it will it will be louder

that is correct.

chuckdashi
03-05-2007, 05:15 PM
yes

chopshop
03-05-2007, 05:16 PM
wasn't a question it was a statement, but thanks anyway

pog0
03-05-2007, 05:21 PM
Buschur's doesnt upset the MAF. I believe MAF pipes are the main thing that throws the MAF off. I ran my ARC intake box before tuning and it was fine. I just switched it out after a tune to Buschur's and it's still the same... Just louder.

LiquidLife
03-06-2007, 05:22 PM

Okay, what intake is this? I can't open the link. Does it have an adapter for the MAF?

veilsidefd3s87
03-20-2007, 08:30 PM

thinking about buying that intake from him but if i have to get a flash, i would rather go get a k&n filter... i need some opinions.

bro i would seriously go with the drop in filter beacuse its the same fitment as the stock one and ontop of that it gives you the same performance as the aftermarket intakes do also. but it would be also smart to get a drop in filter and a manual boost controller, tbe, some other mods if you want...and then get the falsh and hella good tune.

b00stedPin0y
03-20-2007, 08:35 PM

bro i would seriously go with the drop in filter beacuse its the same fitment as the stock one and ontop of that it gives you the same performance as the aftermarket intakes do also. but it would be also smart to get a drop in filter and a manual boost controller, tbe, some other mods if you want...and then get the falsh and hella good tune.

I really agree, I talked to some evo owners and they say the gains the got from a aftermarket are very similar to the K & N drop in filter, and the stock look is always a plus with the cops

Blk Mivo IX
03-20-2007, 08:44 PM

Okay, what intake is this? I can't open the link. Does it have an adapter for the MAF?

its an Apexi Ram Air cone intake

LiquidLife
03-21-2007, 08:29 AM
I guess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's smarter with the cops and more cost effective than an Aftermarket RAM.

I personally like the AEM shorty, (an aftermarket intake will give better results at higher boost, but you don't need to worry about that until way later!)

It's up to you dude!

A tune will fix any MAF confusion, check out Tuning Technologies for great stages!