PDA

View Full Version : Greddy Turbo Timer and Viper 791xv issues...

IXmredorIX
03-14-2007, 05:13 PM
Hey guys, I recently got a greddy TT installed and when it is counting down, I am not able to activate my alarm. I have a viper 791xv with remote start. It will only activate after the car is turned off. Any suggestions? Thanks.

RPD_FKTARD
03-15-2007, 11:44 AM
get ready to sell your TT ..... lol :P

**I'm not sure about viper alarms but most alarm that has remote start module would also have turbo timer functions. You might want to use that instead.

**Just researched on the Viper 791xv and guess what it does have Turbo Timer built-in. Might want to check ur manuals on how it work.

Product Description
2-Way Remote with 66-bit Code-Hopping, Vehicle Recovery System, One 4-button Remote, Turbo timer and defroster activation output built-in, remot start.

ultraflip
03-15-2007, 09:21 PM
create a relay system to counteract the alarm... allowing the alarm to think that the ignition system is off while the turbo timer counts down

IXmredorIX
03-16-2007, 05:30 AM
how do i create a relay system?

RPD_FKTARD
03-16-2007, 12:15 PM
if you have auto unlock, when the car shuts off, the door will unlock itself again...

ultraflip
03-16-2007, 12:47 PM
if you have auto unlock, when the car shuts off, the door will unlock itself again...

that problem would be alleviated w/ the relays

verano
03-16-2007, 12:57 PM
i would just use the alarm's built-in turbo timer.........since you have a Viper 791xv which is capable of doing this

boostinbyyou
03-16-2007, 10:57 PM
mine does the same thing...same alarm and with a apexi tt....others with the same parts and alarm dont have a problem...its all in the programing...the installer should do it for you...other wise pm me and i will get the info from them for you...

shibby
03-16-2007, 11:08 PM
:)

i guess my alarm and installer rocks.

i have an hks tt, when it's cooling down i can lock my car while it's still running!

what my installer did was not connect the ignition wire (i think). because of this though, when the alarm would be set off, the status led will continue to blink, only way to reset it is to unplug the battery.

when i told him this, he installed a toggle switch, so if the alarm was set off and the light is flashing, all i have to do is flip it back and forth and the led will stop flashing.

pretty nifty :)

boostinbyyou
03-16-2007, 11:10 PM
nice.......

hook me up with the info on that.....

thanks.....

shibby
03-17-2007, 12:09 AM
nice.......

hook me up with the info on that.....

thanks.....

DJ's Audio Sound
9354 E. Valley Blvd
Rosemead, Ca 91770
626-307-5148

call them up, tell them the guy with the blue evo referred you. you have the same alarm as i do so im sure they can set you up.

it only took him 5 mins to install the alarm reset switch...well it took him 20 to find a toggle switch lol. so bring one and see if they can do it.

boostinbyyou
03-17-2007, 12:15 AM
thanks...

ultraflip
03-18-2007, 02:56 PM
:)

i guess my alarm and installer rocks.

i have an hks tt, when it's cooling down i can lock my car while it's still running!

what my installer did was not connect the ignition wire (i think). because of this though, when the alarm would be set off, the status led will continue to blink, only way to reset it is to unplug the battery.

when i told him this, he installed a toggle switch, so if the alarm was set off and the light is flashing, all i have to do is flip it back and forth and the led will stop flashing.

pretty nifty :)

wtf... sounds ass backwards and a horrible fix to me...
not hazing your alarm nor your installer but...
to have to reset your battery (or whatever your toggle switch is connected to) sounds like a very poor way (and a cheap short cut) to alleviate a problem

ultraflip
03-18-2007, 03:01 PM
here's the little "relay" system borrowed from evoM

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNzUyNDMxNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

i have like 3 or 4 of these pre-made already... so feel free to ask questions if you have any

shibby
03-18-2007, 04:25 PM
haha damn. i don't know anything about alarms.

since i had a turbo timer, he couldnt connect a wire to reset the status light when i start my car. he did this so that i would be able to lock my car while the car is running/cooling down. so in order for me to reset the status LED he put in a lil toggle switch to flip. works fine for me. as long as my car locks while its in TT mode then i'm happy.