PDA

View Full Version : A thoughts and ?'s about the "EVO X"!!!

thugline
03-21-2007, 10:21 PM
I hear that the X will only be available in a automatic/6-speed peddle shifting and not available in a 5-speed version. My quick ? is this: Being that there is no "Clutch" how will u launch the car from a dig? My assumption is that u have to have a "Stall coverter" in order to get a launch out of an automatic.

2nd ?: How much stress will the "411BT" motor handle? Being that the whole motor is going to be aluminum(and not cast iron/aluminumheads) would'nt it be more expensive to build because you would have to sleeve the bottom end to hold a lot of boost.

3rd ?: when it's time to rebuild the tranny (because of too much power) how would u rebuild it?

These are the main concerns that I have before I even think of buying this car. I also hear that the block will be limited to added horsepower. Who knows? I sure the "X" will prove itself in some way. Remember when everybody was in doubt about the "Mivec variable valve timing"? Look what happend!

EvolvedMCC
03-21-2007, 10:42 PM

have you read anything recent about the X? there is a regular 5-speed manual transmission OR the 6-speed auto with paddle shift.

DTunedEvoX
03-21-2007, 10:43 PM
1)there will be a 5 speed version
2)no one knows yet
3)no one knows yet - if its the wanna-be smg way it'd be the same way as vw's/beemers/benzes/porsches etc ...

j_nizzle
03-21-2007, 10:43 PM
give this thread a few months after the X comes out

Terry S
03-22-2007, 08:29 AM

+abillion

Seriously Thugline, you know better than to post this up by now.

Terry S

thugline
03-22-2007, 12:33 PM

+abillion

Seriously Thugline, you know better than to post this up by now.

Terry S

Sorry bro, It's been a while since I posted on here!

Terry S
03-22-2007, 06:39 PM
Yea but your doing the same thing as asking people on here to predict the winning lottery numbers for the next week. It's all just random speculation at this point.

Terry S

Evo4life
03-28-2007, 07:48 AM
Well, so far, I would rather have the Evo IX look like the one in thugline's sig but it looks nice. Except for the back and the plastic part on the front bumper :-P