PDA

View Full Version : I.E. Job leads

brownrice
03-23-2007, 01:22 PM
Hey Guys, In the market for new employment and was wondering if any of you had any good leads with a company you may work for or possible a friend work for. I'm 27 and more career oriented rather then "just another job" in mind. I have my B.S. in business and computer information systems. Not looking for retail unless it provides for weekends off. I'm willing to start entry level but need a certain amount of income to sustain myself financially (not min wage). I graduated 2yrs ago, waited for a city tech job for a year(where I was interning) then got my real estate license and became a loan officer(then the market went to ....) and that brings us to the present. I'm on monter.com, careerbuilder.com, and check the local papers as well as local city and county websites. Just looking to broaden my chances as I am a firm believer in it's more important who you know then what you know! ;) thanks guys in advance

-Rafael :mitsu:

Granny Shifter
03-23-2007, 01:40 PM
Well, I for one am trying to get involved with the medical field. For one, you should consider applying your computer information systems to a medical center. I would contact the Loma Linda University Medical Center. Its a really nice and famous hospital that could use those skills.

EvoTechNik
03-23-2007, 01:42 PM
i was in the loan business before... got out before the big bankruptcies... i found my sell in the tire business now... GO ADVAN! Good luck.... its not hard to find a job just look for a company you want to work for.. thats what I did.

leetEVO
03-23-2007, 06:29 PM
Sure,

I'm hiring for a few Tech positions.

Pm me for details..

turbolarry
03-23-2007, 11:21 PM
http://www.cya.ca.gov/CareerOpportunities/POR/POIndex.html
You don't have any felony convictions do you? ;)

evo8cfb
03-24-2007, 07:28 PM
you could also try Riverside County they are in need of all kinds of people

nlakind
03-24-2007, 07:41 PM
When you say "Real Estate License" I'm assuming you got your "seller's" license to sell home's in California...Why would you go through all the work of getting your license & then go into Mortage Loans? It's a completely dfferent business & you don't need a real estate license to do loan's...I did loan's for a long time without a license...

You should look into working under a successful Real Estate Agent in your area, have he or she take you under their wing, send you out on some open houses & get a feel for the business...Although the market is slow right now it will pick up! It always picks up & there is no better way to make money then Real Estate...I think if you already have the license there is no reason to throw that opportunity away but it's ultimately your choice...Good luck!

brownrice
03-26-2007, 02:07 PM
yes, I received my DRE license. The reason I went through all that is because you can't be a loan officer without it. Doing loans directly without a lisence is illegal. Sure you can process loans but cannot originate. I used to work under 2 successful agent's (my brokers) and they've been in it for over 12 years and have too hit a real bad slump. I've tried talking to other agents and officers but everyone already seems to have "a guy" and not willing to give me a chance. I always attended open houses with the in house agents but just for one reason or another nothing happened. I agree theres alot of money to be made in Real Estate but unfortunately I must be doing something wrong and do not have the time with bills piling up to do nothing about it. I'm working a temp job for right now. thanks for all your guys' help though! keep the leads coming! haha

Saotome9
03-27-2007, 12:14 AM
bump for brownrice! GL buddy

EvoTechNik
03-28-2007, 03:04 PM
Yup same here.... the commission split isn't as nice when your not lic.

x[corwyn]
03-28-2007, 05:44 PM
Well tech is picking back up. Unfortunately you have to really know something and be 100% on your game, and pick things up fast. The problem these days is they want guys that can come in now, pick up whats going on in a poorly documented, jury-rigged environment and be on it now. Tech writers? Havent heard of one of those in years. Not even at the big boy IT departments. Project Managers? Hey thats YOU now!! That person that used to do your tickets for you? Nope...you do your own tickets and calls now. So IT work is now a jack of all trades job thats expected to be available 24 X 7. But it pays quite a bit better in the last year than it has in the last 8 so I cant complain too much. The demand is high, but so is the expectation. If you want a foot in the door, look at Desktop Support, Helpdesk Support, NOC support. There are plenty of jobs out there. And if you work hard and show some apptitude you can get bumped up, and keep your real estate license handy for when the real estate market picks back up and tech drops back down.