PDA

View Full Version : Need to borrow: HFC

pog0
03-31-2007, 04:23 PM
Well I got a ref ticket and the stock downpipe wont bolt up to an aftermarket o2 housing. I for sure dont want to take that off... UNLESS I really have to. I changed my air filter back to the stock box because that is what I got in trouble for. I have a test pipe on my car right now. I am guessing if I switch back to a HFC for the ref, he might be a bit lenient or overlook it. So does anyone have one I can borrow, I can give collateral if needed. I am in the San Diego area. Would REALLLLLLY appreciate the help.

Evorob
03-31-2007, 05:49 PM
I dont have one handy for you to use but if you're gonna borrow somebody's hfc why not just borrow somebody's stock cat and be sure that you'll pass... HFC for the most part will not pass still.... Def. wont pass visual.. Just get somebody's stock cat there are plenty of those lying around in people's garages, and if someone has an hfc i doubt they have it just sitting in their garage.

pog0
03-31-2007, 05:58 PM
I have a stock cat but will that even bolt up to 3 inch piping? Plus it is still on my stock DP and is a BITCH to get off.

Looking at the stock DP and my aftermarket o2 housing, those dont look like they will bolt up at all. Hopefully the stock cat will bolt on and I will pass.

I used to have a HFC chillin until I sold it, was chillin for about 5 months. So funny because when I need a HFC, I dont have one... When I dont need it, I have it.

EVOMANIAC
03-31-2007, 06:08 PM
PM sent

TO4REVO
05-08-2007, 01:23 PM
I've got one if you need it, I will be back in SD fri

boostinbyyou
05-08-2007, 01:28 PM
im going back to the ref again....

had to take off more shit....

they arent lenient and dont over look....

put the car back to stock....

ive been to three different refs....six different times....in my 10yrs....

if you find a cool one that will put his job,family,life on the line for someone they dont know off the street....

let me know....i would like to take my car there....

pog0
05-08-2007, 02:49 PM
Well I got busted for my air filter. If I put the stock air box back on and stock cat + stock cat back. Would I still pass with my o2 housing, licp, and downpipe? I still haven't gotten the ticket in the mail yet.

boostinbyyou
05-09-2007, 12:15 AM
you will pass on the numbers....

but the visual kills...

exhaust,down pipe,licp,uicp....you are cool...

o2....im not sure on that....

check out the official buena park meet thread...

there is a list of the shit i had and have to do....theres even more to it too...

i just got an aem LEGAL intake....the ref said...

its up to the cop....even though there is a carb sticker, they will still send you...

if you have a safc....get rid of it....TT....take it out...aftermarket gauges....forget it...

sux...

pog0
05-09-2007, 08:13 PM
I cant have my gauges? Ridiculous. I am going to try it anyway with an o2 housing, downpipe, stock cat, cat back, licp. I wonder if I should flash a stock map on my car. We will see how it goes. Maybe he will be cool, maybe not.

boostinbyyou
05-09-2007, 09:59 PM
i was runnin on my safc tune....and with those parts/eccept the o2 housing...

i passed fine....on the numbers test....

you might not pass the visual...

numbers, you should be fine...

JWadEvo
05-13-2007, 06:04 PM
So number wise a 2.3 wont pass the numbers test; if everything else is returned to stock?

pog0
05-14-2007, 09:09 AM
Well I will find out. I really dont want to take off the o2 housing cause it is super gay and time consuming.

boostinbyyou
05-14-2007, 02:00 PM
try it...

you get a free re-test....hahaha....

azzholes....

all they really want is the money anyways....