PDA

View Full Version : Turbo kits

03v8slayer
04-08-2007, 09:43 AM
Hey every one need some help my mods on my evo 8 are TBE, aem intake,megan exaust manifold,hallman mbc,. Now i want more horse i was thinking of geting a ams turbo kit? Or should i just buy the turbo and not the full kit because i already have most of the things that come in the turo kit. thanks for any help O0

b00stedPin0y
04-08-2007, 09:50 AM
It depends what your looking for, the Evo comes with a 16g. A popular upgrade for the Evo 8 are just putting a Evo 9 turbo in it. Its cheap and efficient, and theres a good difference in horse power between the two!

1lOvEbOOst
04-10-2007, 01:28 PM
I don't know about the ams kit, but within the past month I've seen two of my friends install 20g's on their cars and they pull like freakin' beasts now!!! It seems worth every penny IMO and you can even use your stock manifold to maintain the stock look, but to each his own

1WkdEvo
04-10-2007, 01:32 PM
Depends on what you are looking for. I like the lag associated with the RRE gt3076 I had installed because it makes the car a better DD for me. It drives like a Honda around town without boosting all the time, it gets better gas mileage, you can throw in race gas when you want to smile ear to ear, and when it does hit boost, it makes you scream for your mommy.

The FP 20g is nice too and some say it is a better dd because of no lag. Depends on what your definition of a good dd is and how often you will be using race gas.

Good luck

EVOMANIAC
04-10-2007, 10:55 PM
Youa re very limited to the number of turbos that bolt directly to the stock style manifold. The problem with our cars is the turbo is a twin scroll reverse rotation. You limited to the numerous variants of the 20g,( includes Evo 8 20g, Evo 9 20g-5 and 20g-6, and the FP Evo green aka 20g LT). You can also get a turbo from ATP that has a custom made hotside to bolt to the factory style manifold. Before you go dropping some serious money on a turbo kit why dont you find someone around SD to give you a ride in a modified Evo with just bolt ons and a good tune.

03v8slayer
04-11-2007, 07:10 PM
Good idea thanks for all the advise so far guys so is there anyone out there that has a good modfied evo 8 with some where around 300-400 horse that i could get a ride in to see how it feels with the stock turbo thanks guys

EVOMANIAC
04-11-2007, 07:23 PM
I have one estimated about 300whp.