PDA

View Full Version : Please Read: Warning regarding off-topic in Private Classifieds and Tech forums.

drmosh
04-15-2007, 03:21 PM
We have a new system we are implementing... this is your FIRST warning.

If you spam or go off-topic in any of the classifieds or tech forums, you will be placed in a restricted usergroup which will restrict your access to those forums.

The following types of posts are NOT allowed in the classifieds:

- Saying you can get it cheaper somewhere else
- Saying price is too expensive
- Talking/chatting type posts to another user
- Going off-topic off the original post or having nothing to do with classifieds

Tech forums:

- USE THE SEARCH
- Creating multiple topics for very common questions will get you restricted quickly, ie DON'T BE A NOOB, READ BEFORE POSTING!
- Off-Topic posts
- Talking/chatting type posts to another user which has nothing to do with Tech
- Wanting to buy something

We are clamping down on those forums, if you want to be the FEW and Privileged, the RESTRICTED, just ignore this post and be stupid!

RESTRICTIONS will last from a few days to permanent depending on your infraction.

Thank You!

gt40
04-15-2007, 04:21 PM
Bump for a good call by Dino.

DTunedEvoX
04-15-2007, 05:36 PM
^ Hmmm how about bumps?

NMREJ6
04-15-2007, 09:26 PM
why not send this to everyone via PM and have to agree by clicking on an agreement?? just because, not everyone will read this post

smokinevo9
04-15-2007, 09:40 PM
^^^ i think he got his point across and im pretty sure alot of people already have seen this thread.

MoReRyCe
04-15-2007, 09:43 PM
question.. is there a nice way of saying its too expensive? because people would want to know if their price is a little over kill

smokinevo9
04-15-2007, 09:44 PM
question.. is there a nice way of saying its too expensive? because people would want to know if their price is a little over kill

just pm the seller

MoReRyCe
04-15-2007, 09:45 PM
oh yea... lol

Skiracer
04-15-2007, 09:50 PM
If the seller is able to sell an item at a "high" price, good for the seller...

However, the laws of supply/demand should bring prices to more reasonable levels...

thisxguy
04-15-2007, 10:01 PM
+1
i'd have to agree

member regulation by posting that the asking price is too expensive is a way to regulate and prevent other members from being ripped off.

jayvolution
04-15-2007, 10:06 PM
member regulation by posting that the asking price is too expensive is a way to regulate and prevent other members from being ripped off.

+1

GokuSSJ4
04-15-2007, 10:22 PM
+1
i'd have to agree

well the only problem with that is, when does it stop? theres plenty of people that will get upset or annoy by others telling them how much to sell certain items for. Unless the seller is willing to negotiate on the for sale thread, things should be kept via pm in order to give the seller the choice of whether he wants to lower the price or not!

Skiracer
04-15-2007, 10:55 PM
+1
i'd have to agree

well the only problem with that is, when does it stop? theres plenty of people that will get upset or annoy by others telling them how much to sell certain items for. Unless the seller is willing to negotiate on the for sale thread, things should be kept via pm in order to give the seller the choice of whether he wants to lower the price or not!

+1 i don't see why others should be involved in the pricing for sale items.Â* If you have no intention of buying the product, i don't see why you should post that "VENDOR ABC sells it for $500 less".Â* If the seller is asking too much for an item, no one will buy it. Then, the seller will come to his senses and gradually lower the price.

Â* However, if someone does match a seller's "high" price, then good for the seller.

thisxguy
04-15-2007, 10:59 PM
what if you are interested? does that put you in the correct position to say "it's too expensive...i'll give you $xxxx.xx?

One Evo Pinay
04-15-2007, 11:08 PM
^ Hmmm how about bumps?

+1?

smokinevo9
04-15-2007, 11:09 PM
what if you are interested? does that put you in the correct position to say "it's too expensive...i'll give you $xxxx.xx?

if your interested than pm the seller with your offer.

drmosh
04-16-2007, 12:23 AM
You may bump threads, that is ok, but pricing DEBATES are NOT allowed. The best way to let a member know their price is too high is by PM or simply by ignoring their sales, nothing speaks louder than no interest in a sale.