PDA

View Full Version : My Experience at TT

argh
04-15-2007, 10:29 PM
I went to TT a few weeks ago to have him install my Xede w/ S.M.A.R.T. and for a tune. It turned out that my car had a boost leak and Alfred couldn't tune it. The only day I could come back in was Saturday. He got me in the next Saturday, did a boost leak test, and determined that the guy who I bought my evo from had not installed the spark plugs properly. One of them was loose enough that it could be turned by hand, obviously causing several issues. So after the boost leak test I had spent a little more than I had budgeted. Alfred was also recommending that I get an mr bov (I had an old Blitz vta that was making the car run like crap), an mbc, finish my mod path and come back to get a tune so that I didn't have to pay for a retune later. He went out of his way to review the tune that was already on my Xede and make sure that nothing unsafe was going on. I spent my tune money on a used MR bov he had and had him throw in a dejon mbc. I never once got the impression that he was trying to sell me anything that I didn't need and he was more than fair about what he charged for labor. I just hollowed out my cat, I am getting some HKS 280's in 2 weeks and I'll be back over there for a tune whenever I have the money. It's really hard to ask for more from a shop.

say when
04-15-2007, 10:43 PM
O0 That is the service I have been used to at TT. It sounds like the advice you were given is really good. Why the 280 cams though. big turbo down the road? If not I have had great success with 264/272's. What ever you decide you have the right shop working on your car.

MoReRyCe
04-15-2007, 10:49 PM
I got 280's with my IX turbo... they arent bad.. just that the power is up high.. if you want to leave the stock turbo then i suggest 272's...

argh
04-15-2007, 10:50 PM
Eventually a bigger turbo, but not for some time. The lopey idle won't bother me; power gains seem to be greater with the 280s. I liked the power curve Buschur had on his.

LiquidLife
04-16-2007, 02:29 PM
Nice! The people at TT are there for ya.

SNEAKYEVO
04-17-2007, 09:11 PM
I have nothing but great expierences with Alfred, Jenn and the rest of the guys at TT. I went today to get my manifold tapped for the EGT gauge. They had me in and out in no time. I'm looking forward to getting all my installs done. Great service with great attitudes. That's what is great about TT.

vortech_g35
04-18-2007, 12:22 AM
Glad to hear you had a great experience, I never expect anything less O0.

SNEAKYEVO
04-24-2007, 07:30 PM
Can't say enough for the crew at TT! Called Jenn up first thing this morning for an oil change (due to my oil filter tool not working) and she said come in right now. It was perfect! In and out. Great expierence like always. They are very busy but glad they had the time to do a simple oil change. Thanks guys!

phase9mr
05-01-2007, 10:24 PM
I JUST WANTED TO TELL EVERYONE WHAT A GREAT EXPERIENCE I HAD TAKING MY EVO TO TT! THEY MADE ME FEEL WELCOME,GAVE ME GREAT ADVISE ON WHAT MODS TO PUT IN MY CAR,AND THEY ALL HAD GREAT ATTITUDES ILL DEFINITELY BE BACK, DON'T FORGET TO LET ME KNOW IF YOUR GONNA HAVE A FEMALE EVO CLUB....THAT WOULD BE COOL. O0

JOOTZ
05-01-2007, 10:29 PM
^^^stop shouting then/LOL

phase9mr
05-02-2007, 05:19 AM
^^^so sorry dude, I didn't no that using all caps meant that I was SHOUTING. O0