PDA

View Full Version : Va. Tech shooting rampage

GOOSE_Ej
04-16-2007, 10:44 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18134671/?GT1=9246

Oh man!! this sucks... just saw it on the news.. :oops:

One Evo Pinay
04-16-2007, 10:47 AM
Sends chills down my spine, I'm seriously freaked out.

MoReRyCe
04-16-2007, 10:51 AM
Yea thats pretty crazy....

ebevo
04-16-2007, 11:09 AM
homie set a new record :idiot2:

Terry S
04-16-2007, 01:04 PM
Prez Bush giving a speech right now..

Terry S

Terry S
04-16-2007, 01:26 PM
Media & "experts" are already blaming video games. Get ready for yet another round of knee jerk backlash.

Terry S

kEvo VIII
04-16-2007, 01:51 PM
so horrible...

j_nizzle
04-16-2007, 01:55 PM
this is pathetic...some dumbass loser gets stood up on a date or earns an F and does this!?!?!

wtf is this world coming too!?

RPD_FKTARD
04-16-2007, 02:00 PM
why only engineering students?

j_nizzle
04-16-2007, 02:01 PM

the chicks are easy and this muthafkr couldnt get none!

Terry S
04-16-2007, 02:01 PM
this is pathetic...some dumbass loser gets stood up on a date or earns an F and does this!?!?!

wtf is this world coming too!?

Early reports stated he was looking for his ex-girlfriend but he couldn't find her so he just started lining up students and shooting them. Heard he took out most of an engineering class too.

Terry S

DTunedEvoX
04-16-2007, 02:16 PM
homie set a new record :idiot2:

Jeez dude lol ... Common! But yeah whats crazy is when he started shooting .. they placed the school on lockdown .. When they lifted it- he started going @ it again .. Stage 2 n shiet .... horrible ... horrible ... :'(

bash
04-16-2007, 02:21 PM
32 dead so far, wow.

gen4k20a2
04-16-2007, 02:28 PM
you would think after the first person the others would have tried to stop him...so sad.

Terry S
04-16-2007, 02:40 PM
you would think after the first person the others would have tried to stop him...so sad.

He was heavily armed. Oh and the first shooting took place 2 hours before the second set of shootings (by the same guy).

Terry S

gen4k20a2
04-16-2007, 02:44 PM
still you can only shoot one person at a time. 20 people could have taken him. but i guess hindsight is 20/20

Terry S
04-16-2007, 02:53 PM
still you can only shoot one person at a time. 20 people could have taken him. but i guess hindsight is 20/20

How often are you going to find 20 students with that sort of attitude in the same spot at the same time under these sort of circumstances though?

Terry S

x[corwyn]
04-16-2007, 03:03 PM

How often are you going to find 20 students with that sort of attitude in the same spot at the same time under these sort of circumstances though?

Terry S

You have a heavily armed insane kid thats emotionally gone. You have 20 people that have no training, discipline, or any sort of idea of co-ordinating an assault with hand to hand against an enemy thats armed and is inclined to use it. The situation panned out exactly as it was going to. You might get 5 or 6 people that are willing to fight but a handgun can throw out 5 accurate shots short distance in a time that it takes for you to take 2 steps.

I blame the school administration for completely screwing this up. 2 hours between shootings?! It may be a big campus but after a shooting earlier this year you would think someone might have come up with an emergency evacuation plan for these types of instances. Also they had bomb threats the last few weeks. The school dropped the ball all over the place security wise. They are in such deep shit.

kEvo VIII
04-16-2007, 03:17 PM
i just remembered that columbine happened on 4/20, this friday... coincidence??

http://www.break.com/index/virginia_tech_school_shooting.html

you can hear more than 20 gunshots and some people screaming towards the end...

ultraflip
04-16-2007, 03:29 PM
idiot couldnt wait 4 more days

x[corwyn]
04-16-2007, 03:37 PM
i just remembered that columbine happened on 4/20, this friday... coincidence??

http://www.break.com/index/virginia_tech_school_shooting.html

you can hear more than 20 gunshots and some people screaming towards the end...

That was horrible.

As for coincidence of it being close to the anniversary of Columbine? could be...Its towards the end of the year schoolwise. if their experiences were anything like mine was in High School, I can see why.....I fantasized a number of times doing exactly what they did.

Its unfortunate that they dont get to see whats coming 10 years from now before they acted.... the bullies became the Dominos Pizza Managers and are still driving the same cars they owned back then. In some ways I should thank those assholes. They made me far tougher than I would have been without that hazing BS.... Though I dont think that was their intention.

Terry S
04-16-2007, 03:37 PM
idiot couldnt wait 4 more days

BWAHAHHA

Terry S

bash
04-16-2007, 05:25 PM
" they set the new record, something for the next guy to shoot for " - Tom leykis

salukidude
04-16-2007, 07:41 PM

Well VT is an engineering college. From what I can tell, this Norris Hall is mechanical. Why only mechanicals?

This is so sad. I know people there. They are electrical though so I hope they are ok.

boostin_terrier
04-16-2007, 08:07 PM
wow sad.

some people may have been saved.

i hope thier families sue the shit out of the school

Miss Evo8
04-16-2007, 08:18 PM
Media & "experts" are already blaming video games. Get ready for yet another round of knee jerk backlash.

Terry S

what games are those? so I can go but them :twisted:

I hate watching the news it pisses me off

bash
04-16-2007, 08:36 PM
i guess the guy went in and put chains on the doors so they couldnt get out... fuckk!!!

JOOTZ
04-16-2007, 08:44 PM
fucked-up

hyp36rmax
04-16-2007, 10:51 PM
heres the guy :idiot2:
http://wanusmaximus.livejournal.com/

that guys not the shooter apparently... did you even read his post? the shooter whacked himself off, they couldnt even recognize the face after he ate his own lead.....

Terry S
04-17-2007, 08:24 AM

And I hope the school counter sues those families (and you) for filing frivolous lawsuits.

Terry S

ultraflip
04-17-2007, 08:38 AM

And I hope the school counter sues those families (and you) for filing frivolous lawsuits.

Terry S

damn fking straight!!!
guns don't kill people...
people kill people...

the school did not form the shooter...
the shooter formed himself...

wtf for filing against the school... the school wasn't the one w/ the gun to everyone's head

Terry S
04-17-2007, 09:21 AM
wtf for filing against the school... the school wasn't the one w/ the gun to everyone's head

Dont forget he padlocked people into the building by chaining up the doors from the outside so they couldn't get out.

So lets say the school told everyone to stay in their room. Yea, that's not playing into the shooters hands.

So lets say they tell everyone to evacuate. Lets fill the exits with people pounding on a locked door. Even better.

Again, the school didn't shoot these people, the gun didn't shoot these people, the american public didn't shoot these people, the shooter who had a momentary break with reality did. He's dead, initial problem solved.

To ensure things like this are handled different in the future, lawsuits dont need to be filed, just a good look at the current policies and an honest attempt to provide quicker response in the future is all thats needed.

Shit like this is going to happen again. And its going to suck then too. But just because 1 guy in 400 million goes nuts and shoots people doesn't mean we need to castrate everyone in a knee jerk reaction.

Terry S

CRX2EVO
04-17-2007, 09:56 AM
if college professors wern't so liberal we could issue them guns and they could defend themselves and their students when one goes apeshit

Miss Evo8
04-17-2007, 10:00 AM
In a few weeks the media will come out with some story how he was bullied wore black attempted suicide abused animals and didnt fit in listened to speed metal played gory violent video games :buck2:
maybe he just lost it! its good hes dead.. now the courts wont be tied up with his trial that would have lasted 10 years

ultraflip
04-17-2007, 10:03 AM
angela.. you are wrong

this is america...

people will probably go after the dude's family or something.. pwned

Miss Evo8
04-17-2007, 10:06 AM
angela.. you are wrong

this is america...

people will probably go after the dude's family or something.. pwned

well yeah that too... forgot about that... frivolous lawsuits FTL :buck2:

kEvo VIII
04-17-2007, 10:13 AM

Dont forget he padlocked people into the building by chaining up the doors from the outside so they couldn't get out.

So lets say the school told everyone to stay in their room. Yea, that's not playing into the shooters hands.

So lets say they tell everyone to evacuate. Lets fill the exits with people pounding on a locked door. Even better.

Again, the school didn't shoot these people, the gun didn't shoot these people, the american public didn't shoot these people, the shooter who had a momentary break with reality did. He's dead, initial problem solved.

To ensure things like this are handled different in the future, lawsuits dont need to be filed, just a good look at the current policies and an honest attempt to provide quicker response in the future is all thats needed.

Shit like this is going to happen again. And its going to suck then too. But just because 1 guy in 400 million goes nuts and shoots people doesn't mean we need to castrate everyone in a knee jerk reaction.

Terry S

I dont think the school is at fault, but they could have prevented some of this. They should have cancelled all classes and sent out a warning over the PA. That is what they did last year when their was a shooting at the school.

It took them 2 hours to send out a fricken e-mail??? an announcement over the PA takes 1 minute. Certain precautions should have been taken.

Terry S
04-17-2007, 10:16 AM
I dont think the school is at fault, but they could have prevented some of this. They should have cancelled all classes and sent out a warning over the PA. That is what they did last year when their was a shooting at the school.

It took them 2 hours to send out a fricken e-mail??? an announcement over the PA takes 1 minute. Certain precautions should have been taken.

The police dept said that it initially appeared that it was a domestic dispute between a couple. They thought that everything was finished because the guy shot his girlfriend, then shot a building monitor on his way out. He left campus, but then decided to come back later which is where he shot up all the other people. Neither the police nor the school anticipated him going on a rampage hours later.

Terry S

DTunedEvoX
04-17-2007, 10:24 AM
On the radio this morning they said he was S. Korean and released his name too ... Imagine if he were N. Korean- TERRORIST ATTACK :p .. The media I swear ... Also they mentioned how he was a "loaner type, kept to himself, etc" ... There seems to be a trend and they always fit a profile ... It could be anyone though- I'd hate to see that happen here @ work ...

P.S. I dont believe it was the schools fault either ... The guy blended in with other students then went completly ape shiet 2 hours later ... if the school told everyone to evacuate they'd just either a)help the dude escape or b) give the shooter multiple targets in crowded areas ..

Have you guys seen the video? Crazy ... The police were ALL in 1 area and rushed to the other area .. couldnt get in cause of the locked doors. Then they proceeded to go inside and followed the sound of gunshots to the 2nd floor where the gunshots stop .. There was no interaction w/ the police and the shooter ... the guy off'd himself before the police could get to em :\ ... :'(

kEvo VIII
04-17-2007, 10:30 AM

The police dept said that it initially appeared that it was a domestic dispute between a couple. They thought that everything was finished because the guy shot his girlfriend, then shot a building monitor on his way out. He left campus, but then decided to come back later which is where he shot up all the other people. Neither the police nor the school anticipated him going on a rampage hours later.

Terry S

They thought he left. But he just went back to his room to reload. His room is in the same dormitory where the girl and building monitor were killed.

you can almost never anticipate when some is going to do something like this. But my question is, if there was a shooting on the campus earlier in the year, and they shut down school and cancelled all classes, why wasnt the same precaution taken this time??

x[corwyn]
04-17-2007, 10:53 AM
At a school SOP for an in school shooting is to close for the day. Proper security protocol is to evacuate as soon as its safe to do so and evacuate areas not being currently affected, because he may have accomplices, stray bullets, and obviously if he is not secured and in jail you have no idea what he may do on campus. The school did not follow those procedures and will have to bear the consequences. I think that with all the bomb threat BS lately, they were afraid of having to evacuate the school for each of these issues and so they figured to play it fast and loose and people died as a consequence.

x[corwyn]
04-17-2007, 10:58 AM

Terry S

I doubt if your daughter died because the school didnt evacuate her when she was in danger you would find it frivolous....

Terry S
04-17-2007, 11:09 AM
]

Terry S

I doubt if your daughter died because the school didnt evacuate her when she was in danger you would find it frivolous....

Yes I would. My wife would sue, but I wouldn't be apart of it. The person responsible died. Vengeance is completed.

Terry S

x[corwyn]
04-17-2007, 11:41 AM
]

Terry S

Yes I would. My wife would sue, but I wouldn't be apart of it. The person responsible died. Vengeance is completed.

Terry S

So while the gunman was taken out, gross negligence and incompetence that also was responsible for your daughter's death could be overlooked? I doubt that very much. I think if you were in their shoes you would indeed prosecute them and take anyone down that had any idea that your daughter could be endangered and did nothing to prevent it. Since you cant prosecute criminally, your only recourse is civil.

Terry S
04-17-2007, 11:57 AM
]
So while the gunman was taken out, gross negligence and incompetence that also was responsible for your daughter's death could be overlooked? I doubt that very much. I think if you were in their shoes you would indeed prosecute them and take anyone down that had any idea that your daughter could be endangered and did nothing to prevent it. Since you cant prosecute criminally, your only recourse is civil.

From what i've seen so far from official reports, there really wasn't any culpable negligence on the part of the school or the police.

Terry S

Terenus
04-19-2007, 04:02 PM
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/533346/virginia_tech_shooter_rant/

salukidude
04-19-2007, 05:26 PM
^ I don't think that should be posted here.

Granny Shifter
04-19-2007, 05:46 PM
Omg. I feel for the families of those who died and the shooter's family. This is so sad.

bash
04-19-2007, 06:04 PM
relevant post, thank you terenus

salukidude
04-19-2007, 06:11 PM

Just because the post is on topic doesn't mean it needs to be posted. If you are looking for national news affairs, goto cnn.com. Does SCE have to be everything to everybody?

What sickens me about this video is that kids in their early teens will see this and think he is cool. They'll end up showing up in a lecture hall at some school with AK's and kill a few hundred people, then leave a message saying how Hui is a 'martyr'. FYI, that is what Hui said about the two Columbine guys. If NBC has refused to air this video, can little ole SCE follow suit?

fusionchicken
04-19-2007, 06:14 PM
this is just so sad....

SpdyEvo02
04-19-2007, 06:23 PM
i think that should be posted

bash
04-20-2007, 08:26 AM
yeah i hate whiny people with their weak logistics, I think everything that is related to op should be shown, links pictures videos everything, when something like this happens you want to know everything.

RPD_FKTARD
04-20-2007, 10:20 AM
kids in their early teens?
you mean like that Blk Mivo IX?
didn't we have to clarify that we're at least 18 year old to set up an account?
good link Terenus

salukidude
04-20-2007, 10:50 AM
I did not mean to imply that the next psycho would get their ideas from SCE, I'm saying that in general this friggin video can be seen in several other locations.

Oh and bash, careful with the hatred. It would be nice if you could hate the sick fuck that killed 32 people instead of fellow members.

Terry S
04-20-2007, 10:56 AM
I did not mean to imply that the next psycho would get their ideas from SCE, I'm saying that in general this friggin video can be seen in several other locations.

Oh and bash, careful with the hatred. It would be nice if you could hate the sick fuck that killed 32 people instead of fellow members.

Dude, dont be a whiny hippie pansy. It's just a video. It's relevant. And it's not going to make other members kill people. They have enough reasons already (c-spec, noobs, owning an inferior VIII instead of the awesome IX, etc.)

Terry S

bash
04-20-2007, 10:59 AM

Dude, dont be a whiny hippie pansy. It's just a video. It's relevant. And it's not going to make other members kill people. They have enough reasons already (c-spec, noobs, owning an inferior VIII instead of the awesome IX, etc.)

Terry S

+1

x[corwyn]
04-20-2007, 12:18 PM
I dont know if anyone will think being an autistic killer is cool.... Personally anyone that I know of that is even the most slightly rebellious or emod out thinks the guy is a douchebag.

What bums me out is all the coverage the douchebag killer is getting. I can see why the families of the victims are pissed. I would be too. The killer gets all the publicity he wanted for himself and the victims arent noticed. Fuck the Killer. Some of the victims stories are incredible. The teacher who died trying to save some of his students? How about the girl that was there and also at Columbine? The media is a bunch of douchebags also.

Terenus
04-20-2007, 01:02 PM

Just because the post is on topic doesn't mean it needs to be posted. If you are looking for national news affairs, goto cnn.com. Does SCE have to be everything to everybody?

What sickens me about this video is that kids in their early teens will see this and think he is cool. They'll end up showing up in a lecture hall at some school with AK's and kill a few hundred people, then leave a message saying how Hui is a 'martyr'. FYI, that is what Hui said about the two Columbine guys. If NBC has refused to air this video, can little ole SCE follow suit?

Why do we have to be such care bears for other people's children? It's an relevant information so I post it for people who didn't have a chance or don't know where to find it. What does SCE have to do with NBC?

fusionchicken
04-20-2007, 02:56 PM
]
I dont know if anyone will think being an autistic killer is cool.... Personally anyone that I know of that is even the most slightly rebellious or emod out thinks the guy is a douchebag.

What bums me out is all the coverage the douchebag killer is getting. I can see why the families of the victims are pissed. I would be too. The killer gets all the publicity he wanted for himself and the victims arent noticed. Fuck the Killer. Some of the victims stories are incredible. The teacher who died trying to save some of his students? How about the girl that was there and also at Columbine? The media is a bunch of douchebags also.

you f*cking win the internet.

RPD_FKTARD
04-20-2007, 03:38 PM
blame the video games!

salukidude
04-20-2007, 06:54 PM

Why do we have to be such care bears for other people's children? It's an relevant information so I post it for people who didn't have a chance or don't know where to find it. What does SCE have to do with NBC?

SCE has nothing to do with NBC.Â* Nevermind that.Â*

If people like links to videos so that they can be informed of a situation, how about this one from the experts:

http://video.msn.com/v/us/msnbc.htm?g=ace9e5a7-2493-4bc3-a50d-b4cbda3ea237&f=00&fg=copy

Apparently there are lots of people out there that don't think the killer is such a douchebag, people that no doubt get off on watching his f'd up rant video.Â* Your link is very relevant, but relevant != ethical.Â* I'm not going to preach ethics.Â* I'm done with this thread as nothing useful, interesting, or funny can come out of it.Â* I guess it's good to know how you guys think...

Terenus
04-20-2007, 07:08 PM
While you're at it, why don't you tell all the news channels to stop broadcasting about the incident. They're showing children almost 24/7 detailed ideas of how these massacres happen.

drmosh
04-21-2007, 03:22 AM
That dude was BENT... seriously... one too many maitais or something... he was tweaked!!

MENTAL!

Macky
04-21-2007, 03:42 PM
i personally think after he was sent to a mental hospital, he should have not been allowed to go to a "normal" school. i mean all the signs were there. everyone was just too darn afraid to get sued for discriminating against a "potentially dangerous" individual. all the teachers, friends and acquaintances claim "something was not right" about him but nobody had the brass to do anything. dont get me wrong, but the survivors are just as guilty as the perpetrator since they let it go this far. they could have reported and lit fires under officials' butts to get something going. but this is an example where people who dont take proactive action are just as responsible as the killer. serves them right to live the rest of their lives remembering this horrible experience. they should suffer for being indifferent and not doing a damn.

it sucks but thats what happens if you have no balls to lock some psycho up in the isolation ward. they were too afraid to do anything serious. well, now that something serious has happened, maybe they should rethink their philosophy.

boostin_terrier
05-03-2007, 11:18 PM
i personally think after he was sent to a mental hospital, he should have not been allowed to go to a "normal" school. i mean all the signs were there. everyone was just too darn afraid to get sued for discriminating against a "potentially dangerous" individual. all the teachers, friends and acquaintances claim "something was not right" about him but nobody had the brass to do anything. dont get me wrong, but the survivors are just as guilty as the perpetrator since they let it go this far. they could have reported and lit fires under officials' butts to get something going. but this is an example where people who dont take proactive action are just as responsible as the killer. serves them right to live the rest of their lives remembering this horrible experience. they should suffer for being indifferent and not doing a damn.

it sucks but thats what happens if you have no balls to lock some psycho up in the isolation ward. they were too afraid to do anything serious. well, now that something serious has happened, maybe they should rethink their philosophy.

like the cop in tacoma,wa that tried to kill his wife and commited suicide afterwards....they knew he was screwed up in the head after his pyschological evaluation but theydropped the ball and shortly after he tried murdering his wife......

things can be prevented and if not at least people know someone made an effort to prevent something....like the school not evacuating the premises after the first people were killed which was 2 hours prior to the massacre.