PDA

View Full Version : 3RD TO 4TH Grind on the VIII 5 speed!!!

trmacblckevo
04-22-2007, 05:58 PM
Did a quick search and couldnt find anything...
OK... under normal driving conditions everything works fine..
but when i go from 3rd to 4th above 6k i get a light grind. I think it might be the synchros but will the dealership give me crap on my mods????

gevo
04-22-2007, 07:27 PM
prolly

ghost_evo
04-22-2007, 07:32 PM
how many miles do you have on your car? where are you located my buddy had his syncros done at south coast without any hassle. give them a call and ask for derek, they are pretty mod friendly. call first and explain the issue.

sorry i stared at you avatar for a while before typing

gsrIXevo
04-22-2007, 07:38 PM
hahhahah i second the stare....

but if you have an aftermarket clutch on the car... goood luck....
unless the clutch was put on by the dealer ..... if that is your case.. you may want to pm me later and i know of another place that you can go with you aftermarket clutch.....

holla...

trmacblckevo
04-23-2007, 07:24 AM
my clutch went out @ 16 k. i had it done @ southcoast for around $1,000. i got the OEM flywheel, clutch & throw out bearing.

hahhahah i second the stare....

but if you have an aftermarket clutch on the car... goood luck....
unless the clutch was put on by the dealer ..... if that is your case.. you may want to pm me later and i know of another place that you can go with you aftermarket clutch.....

holla...

my clutch went out @ 16 k. i had it done @ southcoast for around $1,000. i got the OEM flywheel, clutch & throw out bearing.

how many miles do you have on your car? where are you located my buddy had his syncros done at south coast without any hassle. give them a call and ask for derek, they are pretty mod friendly. call first and explain the issue.

sorry i stared at you avatar for a while before typing

thanks ill give him a call!!

bash
04-23-2007, 08:16 AM
Yeah, from everything I've read and talking with the dealer, put your cat back on and take off your mbc and your good to go, this is just to cover their ass if they have a rep from mitsu on site

trmacblckevo
05-11-2007, 08:53 PM
OKĀ* i thought i could live with this but obviously not!!! i am going to take off my down pipe, test pipe & MBC, and take it in tomorrow.. so cross your fingers guys!! O0