PDA

View Full Version : My impressions of the Wii

Terry S
04-23-2007, 10:39 AM
So yea, I know i'm several months late to the game, but this weekend, I got to try out the Wii for the first time.

Holy crap and Brilliant are the two things that come to mind.

For those of you that haven't had the chance to experience a Wii yet, go borrow someones and play some Wii Sports. Just make sure the sensor isn't set to sensitive (can really make things frustrating).

Terry S

DTunedEvoX
04-23-2007, 11:30 AM
^5 ... Gameplay is amazing and the virtual console games are neat ...
While you can have some fun playing them @ www.virtualnes.com for NES games- its so much fun to play a 5 player game like bomerman to bring back old memories ..

And with so many possiblities with games etc- it just rocks ...

b00stedPin0y
04-23-2007, 11:50 AM
I got a Wii the first day it came out, Its not really fun when your playing by yourself, but you have a bunch of buddies over that system gets really addicting! If you haven't already you should try Wii play, that game is fun as hell

ANTHONY
04-23-2007, 12:17 PM
agreed wii is more for the younger genaration, ill stick to my 360 and ps3

RPD_FKTARD
04-23-2007, 12:19 PM
agreed wii is more for the younger genaration, ill stick to my 360 and ps3

right... it's all about the system.. not the games
have you played one yet?

ANTHONY
04-23-2007, 12:37 PM
Sure have! game play is ok, but graphics suck ass

Blk Mivo IX
04-23-2007, 10:06 PM
dude is only fun when people are with you playing it but it sure is hella fun

GokuSSJ4
04-24-2007, 10:38 AM
Glad that you are having fun with your Wii Terry. Im sure you can get competitive in some of the games with your friends, since that is always a lot of fun.
there certain games that having competition is what keeps them interesting. theres other type of games that doing solo missions are the best.
I will most likely end up purchasing both systems loll... Xbox 360 and Wii.. since they both have games that i really want. Just need to make the time for it.

j_nizzle
04-24-2007, 10:39 AM
there was a Wii demo at my school yesterday. i like it.

gen4k20a2
04-24-2007, 10:45 AM
Well I must say that my Wii is off the hook. Ive owned all the other systems. Got robbed then got the Wii. I think in terms of multiplayer entertainment the Wii wins hands down. In terms of gameplay and possibility of sick ass games...PS3 wins. 360 is kinda dead in my eyes. I dont play the Wii unless someone is there too. I guess if i have tiger woods or something then single player would be sick. The single player/non team games are MUCH better on the Wii. Tennis/golf/ so on.

kEvo VIII
04-24-2007, 04:02 PM
you should try that "cooking Mama" game.

I know, i know... sounds gay, but its fun as hell, and it will make you laugh.
Trust me!

Terry S
04-24-2007, 04:44 PM
I have Wii Play (even though I dont have a system yet) so I've had a chance to play it. I love the tank game and the "duck hunt" game. Both are fking awesome.

I really dont have any experience with the single player aspect or the playing the oldschool games (I plan on buying way to many if they have everything availible), but I must agree that the multiplayer is brilliant.

For the record, I've not tried the PS3 yet, but the XBox360 is a FANTASTIC system too but falls short against the Wii only because of the Wii's multiplayer interactivity.

Oh and if anyone knows of any of those "Wii Watch" websites that tell you where the next batches are going to be, please let me know! I'm not going to pay 50% over retail just because its difficult to find. Or if anyone has a hookup, i'll throw $40 bucks your way under the table! ;)

Terry S

ultraflip
04-24-2007, 04:52 PM
call me later terry.. i can source a wii for you

SpdyEvo02
04-24-2007, 04:59 PM
i have all the current systems (ps3, 360, wii) and although the wii may not have the best graphics it is definitly the most entertaining to play especially with groups for games like wii sports ans wii play and then with Super smash brothers coming out as well as the new mario party will make it a great group playing system.

DTunedEvoX
04-24-2007, 05:00 PM
i have all the current systems (ps3, 360, wii) and although the wii may not have the best graphics it is definitly the most entertaining to play especially with groups for games like wii sports ans wii play and then with Super smash brothers coming out as well as the new mario party will make it a great group playing system.

Took the words right out of my mouth ... It works well if you have kids also ... :) or a bunch of drunk mofros ...

Terry S
04-24-2007, 05:02 PM
Drunken Wii party FTMFW. Seriously.

Terry S

ArcticHaze
04-25-2007, 10:00 PM
We had a Wii Party with alcohol and I had to push my friends away from my TV. They were swinging too close for comfort.

Last thing I need was a drunk guy swinging straight into my LCD TV in Wii Tennis.

grafix43
05-04-2007, 12:30 AM
i have all 3 systems as well (ps3, 360, wii)..... and honestly i never touch the wii unless friends are over and we're drunk, and even then we kinda got bored of wii sports after a while.... mario party 8 should bring back some fun though.... I have found myself not even touching the 360 at all, just waiting for forza 2 thats about it.... and i use the ps3 pretty much everyday, since i can play ps2 games like dmc3 and resident evil 4....Also when new games are released now i pretty much find myself choosing the ps3 version over the xbox 360 version, since they run smoother, quieter, and dont tend to freeze occasionally like some of my 360 games used to.... I really only find myself keeping the 360 to buy titles that are exclusive to xbox, while buying everything else for the ps3 since it is the future of next gen gaming in my eyes... and the wii will pretty much be a good multiplayer thing to me, this however is just my personal opinion based on owning all 3 systems.

Terry S
05-07-2007, 11:52 AM
Just to clarify on my initial post, I am providing the review from an extreeeeeeeeeeeeemly casual gameplayers perspective. I have literally no opportunity to play console games anymore (except in social scenarios).

Also, just wanted to update the thread and say I got my own Wii now. Still having fun. It's hilarious to see how ridiculous one can be when playing wii sports or wii play and still accomplish the required task. Bowling in a kabuki dance style is currently my favorite. Working on getting a soundtrack to play simultaneously when I bowl.

Terry S

RPD_FKTARD
05-07-2007, 12:08 PM
you should get the rayman rabbit for the Wii
that one is crazy... tho i didn't like it :P

Terry S
05-08-2007, 10:28 AM
I'm looking forward to mario party 8 myself. looks like it holds serious potential.

And of course, while I was at the game store, I noticed they have Shadowrun for the 360 coming out at the end of the month. :D :D :D Guess I have to buy a 360 now... :'(

Terry S

DTunedEvoX
05-08-2007, 10:55 AM
I grew up playing shadow run ... that game was awesome ... I remember I kept dying cause a doctor set a bomb timer off in my head and I never knew how to turn it off lol ...

Terry S
05-08-2007, 11:20 AM
I grew up playing shadow run ... that game was awesome ... I remember I kept dying cause a doctor set a bomb timer off in my head and I never knew how to turn it off lol ...

That was the SNES version wasn't it?

I was a diehard genesis version player for way to long. Played it on emulator too at 5x speed. Made the game way fun! lol

And honestly, I used to play the table top version with my friends alot too. I probably shouldn't admit to that though...

Terry S

DTunedEvoX
05-08-2007, 11:42 AM
Yes it was the SNES version. Growing up I was unable to afford a genisis unless I borrowed it from my other friends .... DSM style ... lol ...

I was to young to remember a table top version - that and I was into other board games as well LOL ....

Terry S
05-08-2007, 11:44 AM
Yes it was the SNES version. Growing up I was unable to afford a genisis unless I borrowed it from my other friends .... DSM style ... lol ...

I was to young to remember a table top version - that and I was into other board games as well LOL ....

well by table top I mean pen & paper, a la dungeons & dragons.

Yes I played alot of pen & paper games. And yes, we even came up with a few of our own.

Terry S

DTunedEvoX
05-08-2007, 11:55 AM
Yeah I hear ya D&D, AD&D etc ... I was to young to understand how to play @ the time ... so I played them on commodore 64 instead LOL ...

1BAD4DR
05-08-2007, 11:58 AM
I love the WIi its so competitive. My girlfreind like to fight with me when i beat her in the fishing game. The wii play game is fun also.

philthyevo
05-08-2007, 12:02 PM
I got Wii and 360 (plus HD DVD drive) -- all you need. Â*

The Wii is HUGE, its not based on awesome graphics like 360 or PS3 but the gameplay is worth the cost of it. Â*Plus it comes with Wii Sports which I think even non-video gamers would be attracted to. Â*But like mentioned previously, Wii is much funner with people.

Ive downloaded so many old NES/SNES/Genesis games. Old school Mario, Zelda, Castlevania and Ghosts and GOblins games FTW!!

Terry S
05-08-2007, 12:32 PM
I love the WIi its so competitive. My girlfreind like to fight with me when i beat her in the fishing game. The wii play game is fun also.

LOL the fishing game is a pain!

I love the tank game though.

Terry S

Terry S
05-08-2007, 12:32 PM
I got Wii and 360 (plus HD DVD drive) -- all you need.

The Wii is HUGE, its not based on awesome graphics like 360 or PS3 but the gameplay is worth the cost of it. Plus it comes with Wii Sports which I think even non-video gamers would be attracted to. But like mentioned previously, Wii is much funner with people.

Ive downloaded so many old NES/SNES/Genesis games. Old school Mario, Zelda, Castlevania and Ghosts and GOblins games FTW!!

Yea, I just discovered the classic gems of the old systems... Downloaded Kid Icarus already... I have another 10 lined up! LOL

Terry S

Terry S
05-08-2007, 12:33 PM
Yeah I hear ya D&D, AD&D etc ... I was to young to understand how to play @ the time ... so I played them on commodore 64 instead LOL ...

Com 64 is a bit before I got to start playing with computers... I started on apple II's... But I didn't really start doing pen & paper games until I got to middle school.

Terry S

RPD_FKTARD
05-08-2007, 12:40 PM
how can you resist this
http://wii.nintendo.com/vc_gamepage.jsp?title=the_legend_of_kage

Cr0mster
05-08-2007, 02:56 PM
Right now the only thing I use my Wii for is a source of a cool blue glowing light in my living room.

philthyevo
05-08-2007, 04:16 PM
how can you resist this

You know ive never played that game and i played most NES Gameboy, SNES N64 games...i will def download that.

Terry S
05-09-2007, 10:11 AM
how can you resist this

Downloaded it last night Lewis! God i missed this game.

Downloaded ROTK:IV and Super Mario Bro's. for the NES too... MUAHAHAHAH

Terry S

DTunedEvoX
05-09-2007, 12:52 PM
how can you resist this

Downloaded it last night Lewis! God i missed this game.

Downloaded ROTK:IV and Super Mario Bro's. for the NES too... MUAHAHAHAH

Terry S

I got super mario bros 1 ... very awesome still get a kick out of it ... I suggest you try Bomberman '93 ... We were drunk @ a lake over the weekend and sstayed up till 5 playing this ... lol

DTunedEvoX
05-09-2007, 12:52 PM
Started taking bets for shots too lol

Terry S
05-09-2007, 01:05 PM
I got super mario bros 1 ... very awesome still get a kick out of it ... I suggest you try Bomberman '93 ... We were drunk @ a lake over the weekend and sstayed up till 5 playing this ... lol

Yup, thats next up on the list.

Bomberman was great.

I wish they would bring back super dodgeball too. O0

Terry S