PDA

View Full Version : need help could somebody tell me what is the diffence GSR and SE?

gtsmax
05-01-2007, 08:56 PM
need to know what is the diffence between those 2 modle?

markymark
05-01-2007, 08:58 PM
se has bbs rims, aluminum roof(i think), red stitched seats, front lip
I think thats it

EVO Neil
05-01-2007, 09:01 PM
lip on rear spoiler and HID's

EVO Neil
05-01-2007, 09:01 PM
It's worth the price difference and then some. Go for an SE.

blkside
05-01-2007, 09:03 PM
SE has the HIDS, Aluminum Roof, Red Stitching on the seats and front lip. NO lip on rear spoiler. Thats an MR feature. Oh and cant forget the most important thing. The SE badge. Look at it like this. SE is between GSR and MR. MR has all plus 6 speed Bilsteins and gauges....

gtsmax
05-01-2007, 09:09 PM
thanks all of you guys ↑

JOOTZ
05-01-2007, 09:10 PM
trim pieces would be the basic difference
if your gonna change the front lip and debage it then...

dabie
05-01-2007, 11:27 PM
imo for the price, SE trim has everything you want, nothing you don't want

Evo8urv8
05-01-2007, 11:35 PM
SE:

* Factory performance-tuned (2.0-liter, MIVEC DOHC, 16-valve, turbocharged and intercooled) engine with 286 horsepower and 289 lb-ft of torque
* Five-speed close-ratio manual transmission with leather-wrapped sport shift knob* and Teflon-coated cables
* Aluminum sport pedals, front Recaro® bucket seats with premium Alcantara® fabric, leather-wrapped Momo® three-spoke steering wheel and 140-watt Mitsubishi CD audio system with 6 speakers
* 17" x 8" Diamond black finish BBS® forged aluminum alloy wheels, speed-rated Yokohama P235/45 Advan® (high-grip, soft-compound) tires, color-keyed rear spoiler with carbon-fiber airfoil, HID headlights with in-cluster halogen fog lights, front air dam extension, and aluminum roof, hood and fenders
* Four-wheel Brembo® brakes with Mitsubishi Sports anti-lock system and Electronic Brakeforce Distribution, electronic engine immobilizer and front airbagsâ€*

GSR:
* Factory performance-tuned (2.0-liter, MIVEC DOHC, 16-valve, turbocharged and intercooled) engine with 286 horsepower and 289 lb-ft of torque
* Five-speed close-ratio manual transmission with leather-wrapped sport shift knob* and Teflon-coated cables
* Aluminum sport pedals, front Recaro® bucket seats with premium Alcantara® fabric and unique red stitching, leather-wrapped Momo® three-spoke steering wheel and 140-watt Mitsubishi CD audio system with 6 speakers
* 17" x 8" double-five spoke Enkei® aluminum alloy wheels, speed-rated Yokohama P235/45 Advan® (high-grip, soft-compound) tires, color-keyed rear spoiler with carbon-fiber airfoil, auto-on/off halogen headlamps, front air dam and aluminum hood and fenders
* Four-wheel Brembo® brakes with Mitsubishi Sports anti-lock system and Electronic Brakeforce Distribution, electronic engine immobilizer and front airbagsâ€*

Main differences are in BOLD :D

blkside
05-02-2007, 07:51 PM
Well not sure where you got that... but most is right but why does it say UNIQUE RED STITCHING under the GSR.

Mach1Evo
05-02-2007, 08:02 PM
Don't forget SE has Red Stitching

1WkdEvo
05-02-2007, 09:00 PM
Its all been disussed but for me I didnt buy one until the SE came out because I wanted the aluminum roof, but did not want the sparseness of the RS and did not want to pay the premium for the MR when I didnt even want the 6 speed or the bilsteins. The se is the best value by far if you want all the RS has to offer but with the power options

antics22
05-03-2007, 04:12 PM
One thing worth noting is that there is no official SE model according to KBB's KARPOWER sofware (standard software used by dealers, etc) so when it comes time to trade-in or sell the SE,Â* none of the extra things the SE gives you will increase the value of the Evolution...Â* Â*Just a thought in case you care.... and no, SE Package is not an option you can check off.... the MR however does come in at a higher value.

The models are listed as follows:

Evolution RS Sedan [H86c]
Evolution IX SedanÂ* [H36C]
Evolution MR Sedan [H86C]

EVO Neil
05-03-2007, 04:27 PM
^^^ No offense but I disagree with your assessment. The SE has enough extra features that it should in the long run be worth more than a standard IX.

antics22
05-03-2007, 06:01 PM
Hey Neil,Â* no offense taken.

In the private market, that may very well be the case.Â* Both you and I know that the SE comes with the features at a bargain...Â* Â*Im just pointing this fact out since I am in the industry.Â*

For giggles I decided to appraise my SE and to my surprise, the SE and/or the SE Package was not even an option to increase/decrease the value of the EVO...

Case in point.Â* Â* KARPOWER kicks out a wholesale/retail value used by Credit Unions & Dealers when assessing a vehicle for financing purposes and trade-in/buy back reasons...

heres what the numbers look like based on same mileage and year, and only a model change:

2006 Evolution RSÂ* 5,000 miles:
Wholesale: $25,000
Retail: $28,145

2006 Evolution IX 5,000 miles:
Wholesale: $27,875
Retail: $31,535

2006 Evolution MR 5,000 miles:
Wholesale: $29,925
Retail: $33,685

There is no mention of the SE package for the IX.Â* Meaning...Â* if you are trading in the SE and you say... "oh by the way, its an SE Edition"....Â* Â*The person appraising it will simply just tell you... "Oh, thats nice... thanks for letting me know..." and STILL base the appraisal/value on the IX figures.....

Thats the only thing I was trying to point out.

The SE is not an acknoledged trim by the Used Car Market. At least not yet. So far, only the RS, IX, and MR are the officially acknoledged models by Kelley Blue Book.

bash
05-03-2007, 06:05 PM
ooo nice points. but thats also why you get a carmax quote to take with you when going to trade in

antics22
05-03-2007, 06:07 PM
Bash, Carmax uses the SAME exact appraisal process based off of KARPOWER. They will tell you "nice, we want to buy your SE"..... they still gonna offer you IX prices.... Theres no value assesed to the SE trim at this point.

EVO Neil
05-03-2007, 06:12 PM
Just because SE isn't listed right now doesn't mean that they won't list it in the future. It seems that they always have mistakes when a vehicle is this new, but they usually correct it down the road.

I figure when they do get around to correcting it they'll list it under options and not as a seperate model.

antics22
05-03-2007, 07:47 PM
youre absoluyely right Neil, which is why i stated ''at this point''.
In fact, Mitsu dealers will probably recognize the SE currently... but dont count on the rest until/if KBB updates its trims...

bash
05-04-2007, 11:19 PM
no they go through a checklist on alot of places.

CJAYX47
05-06-2007, 10:14 PM
i wanted a SE but they don't make it in white :tickedoff:

1WkdEvo
05-06-2007, 10:23 PM
i wanted a SE but they don't make it in white :tickedoff:

Ditto, but I wanted the roof so i sucked it up :(

BigBadEvoSE9
05-08-2007, 07:38 AM
that fine with me, if the SE are not listed, that just show sometime in the future the SE and all the rare EVO like the yellow 8 and IMO all SSL will be on barrett jackson auto auction going for made buku

maybe not today but some day ^-^