PDA

View Full Version : LA worst polluted city in U.S.... suprised?

MRIslandStyle
05-03-2007, 09:13 PM
I meant to post this up a couple of days ago. AOL had an article running that LA County, mostly from "Long Beach Area" was the worst polluted area... the picture of the original story was thea ARCO refinery right here in Carson.... Damn it, i was raised in the most air polluted city in america... LOL no wonder I have asthma shit!! here's the web address to the story that followed the next day.

http://news.aol.com/topnews/articles/_a/los-angeles-ranks-first-in-air-pollution/20070501082309990001

JOOTZ
05-03-2007, 09:14 PM
i think were neighbors
pinoy ?

MRIslandStyle
05-03-2007, 09:19 PM
nah i'm half white half chamoru (guamanian)... born and raised right here in our polluted city

tehBen
05-03-2007, 09:22 PM
ahhh dammit, I can see that damn refinery from my backyard. But Im not complaining. After a trip to manila philippines, the LA area seems to be much cleaner LOL.

fusionchicken
05-03-2007, 09:23 PM
long beach...why am i not surprised....

on another hand i know a product that has helped lots of my friends with asthma, PM if u wanna know more about it - there may be hope for you :D

MRIslandStyle
05-03-2007, 09:32 PM
i have light asthma at best... no worries.. there is a link from the aol article that will take you to an area where you can type in your zip code and check recorded medical cases... Los Angeles county have 500,000 plus cases of adult asthma, where as Orange County only had 150,000 I believe.... all shipping traffic runs thru los angeles harbor in long beach... the ships bring shit in from asia and the big rigs drive it around the country.... so we have harbor pollution, big rig pollution, refinery pollution, la traffic pollution all in one cozy little harbor

500whp
05-03-2007, 09:41 PM
yup heard it yesterday its LA, Long Beach, and the IE combine to be the worse air in America... just drive down to LA and look at the the thick layer of brown shi7

MRIslandStyle
05-03-2007, 09:48 PM
yup heard it yesterday its LA, Long Beach, and the IE combine to be the worse air in America... just drive down to LA and look at the the thick layer of brown shi7

yup bakersfield ranks 3rd... i love when the santa ana winds kick up and it blows all the smog away, but the next day that shit is back in full force... nothing like bright brown sky's with a hint of blue in sunny southern california

JOOTZ
05-03-2007, 09:54 PM
our air is thicker than saliva

500whp
05-03-2007, 10:06 PM
ya OC got the ocean, SGV we r fucked

fusionchicken
05-03-2007, 10:44 PM
i have light asthma at best... no worries.. there is a link from the aol article that will take you to an area where you can type in your zip code and check recorded medical cases... Los Angeles county have 500,000 plus cases of adult asthma, where as Orange County only had 150,000 I believe.... all shipping traffic runs thru los angeles harbor in long beach... the ships bring shit in from asia and the big rigs drive it around the country.... so we have harbor pollution, big rig pollution, refinery pollution, la traffic pollution all in one cozy little harbor

haha good stuff, i know people with mild to severe asthma problems and i feel so bad for them :(

anyhoos, i just remembered this history teacher of mine way back in high school who moved from chicago to here....said the first thing he noticed when he was arriving LA in the plane was a thick ass cloud of black smoke, and he couldn't see shit in the plane for like 30 sec. or something while descending hahaha