PDA

View Full Version : 02 housing questions

Evo8urv8
05-03-2007, 11:34 PM
1) Do I need a tune if I get one or I can just slap one in? Will I feel the difference if it's untuned?

2) If I can slap one in without needing a tune, do u think u guys have the time to install it the same day u guys gonna install my clutch?

Please lemme know ASAP so I'll know if I need to buy the 02 housing or not before I take my car there to get my clutch installed and changed the fluids (minus the engine oil). O0

Thanx :grin:

GokuSSJ4
05-04-2007, 12:25 AM
to maximize tuning is always needed... it's like installing a TBE and not doing any tuning at all. It wont hurt the car but you will not get the mods full potential without getting the car tune at all .

Evo8urv8
05-04-2007, 12:58 AM
to maximize tuning is always needed... it's like installing a TBE and not doing any tuning at all. It wont hurt the car but you will not get the mods full potential without getting the car tune at all .

True.

I guess Im gonna have to wait till I get my turbo then so I can get both mods tuned rather than 2 separate tunes. :-(

MoReRyCe
05-04-2007, 03:35 AM
well like he said.. you dont have to get it tuned.. but it will benifit from it.. but in ur case.. its much better to throw it all in at once.. then to pay twice for labor because 02 housing isnt a significant difference unless it is tuned in some way...

sidewaysevo
05-06-2007, 10:55 PM
I would get it tuned. When I installed my o2housing it caused my car to fuel cut.

atlvalet
05-06-2007, 11:51 PM
It's best to wait until are parts are in one place and then get the tune...that's why I've been waiting 1.5 months to install my Greemn :)

Alfred@TTech
05-07-2007, 09:21 AM
I would suggest that the car get tuned if a O2 housing is installed. It will be more advantageous (both monetarily and time wise) to gather more parts and have a single tune done.

Eric, your exercise in self-control is impressive, but not everyone can wait until the planets align with their pocketbooks to go FASTER!!!!! hehee :grin: Get that green on already!

Alfred

GokuSSJ4
05-07-2007, 09:54 AM
I would suggest that the car get tuned if a O2 housing is installed. It will be more advantageous (both monetarily and time wise) to gather more parts and have a single tune done.

Eric, your exercise in self-control is impressive, but not everyone can wait until the planets align with their pocketbooks to go FASTER!!!!! hehee :grin: Get that green on already!

Alfred
im surprise that he hasnt done it already :buck2:

It's best to wait until are parts are in one place and then get the tune...that's why I've been waiting 1.5 months to install my Greemn :)
i would be more then happy to take it away from you :wink: i take that its a IX FP green with all the goodies , correct?

bash
05-07-2007, 10:07 AM
tune ftw or your gonna have fuel cut out when you go wot.