PDA

View Full Version : Official(okay maybe it's not) President bush Job approval poll

gt40
05-07-2007, 08:49 PM
Since everyone else on the planet has a poll about this, why not SoCal?

http://www.pollingreport.com/BushJob.htm

Terry S
05-08-2007, 10:02 AM
lol good idea.

I still say he's been doing as good if not better than Clinton did in office.

Terry S

Eckolaker
05-08-2007, 10:35 AM
lol good idea.

Terry S

First off, Clinton was a horrible president. Which by default makes Bush the worst President in US History.

His term has been full of Lies, deceit, false information, major fuck ups, and very shady dealings and practices.

Unless you have had you head in the sand for the last 7 years or are just a complete tool, there is no other way of looking at his term. I'm so glad you agree with 28% of Americans who still think Bush is doing a good job.

What was the South Park episode about 1/4 of the country being retarded?

Terry S
05-08-2007, 10:51 AM
lol good idea.

Terry S

First off, Clinton was a horrible president. Which by default makes Bush the worst President in US History.

His term has been full of Lies, deceit, false information, major fuck ups, and very shady dealings and practices.

Unless you have had you head in the sand for the last 7 years or are just a complete tool, there is no other way of looking at his term. I'm so glad you agree with 28% of Americans who still think Bush is doing a good job.

What was the South Park episode about 1/4 of the country being retarded?

They were saying that 1/4 people in the country were retarded in relation to the supposed "stat" that 1/4 people thing 9/11 was a coverup.

And again, this presidency hasn't been NEARLY as bad as its being portrayed.

Terry S

Eckolaker
05-08-2007, 01:45 PM
How do you figure?

Is it that Liberal left media again? Always taking smack on Lil' Bush? They keep leaking the fact that everyone in the administration has been breaking the law regularly? Damn them and their Henry Hill asses, right?

For fucks sake, I can't imagine what shit we would find out if we actually had respectable mass media.

Gee, what happened to the DC madam Story ABC/Disney had the rights on? All of a sudden that Liberal media has it's mouth shut again. I guess it's none of our business who our public officials are fucking on our tax dollars right?

x[corwyn]
05-08-2007, 02:20 PM
I dont know how you an say that. We went into 2 wars with no exit plan. Sure we can blow the crap out of the whole world if we choose to. What the leader of THIS country is expected to do though is plan ahead for all the ramifications of such action and have a good plan. Bush jammed this country squarely into the middle of a hornets nest of infighting centuries if not millenia old and didnt think past blowing the crap out of the troops. I hate to say it but with the tools at our disposal, I fimrly believe that ANY of us could have done that just as well. What the person we elect (Was he really elected BTW) was supposed to do is have some insite into what blowing up and invading a country will do to us.

Now as far as that was concerned lets go into Oil. Yup. I firmly believe that a group of people whose power base, and whole life has been in an industry is going to abuse that if they come into power. Bush and clan who are all oil millionaires have made sure that year after year Oil has been making record profits. Its not a coincidence.

That brings me back to the whole thing with Bush. His whole platform has been "Hey thats just a coincidence!". Yea Oil making record profits under his administration. Just a coincidence. The one state that completely fubars the election and somehow gets Bush elected? Hey thats his brother's state! Oh thats just a coincidence. We had 9/11, and while I dont know if its his fault, I don't know it ISN'T his fault. It sure is a nice coincidence that it gave him the ability to invade Afghanistan and get a nice start in the middle east.... BTW Have we got that old guy that has to have dialysis yet? How many years has it been yet?

How many "Mission Accomplished" banners is he going to stand under before someone smacks that idiot puppet of Cheney, and tell him exactly what the mission was and what was needed to accomplish it? He's an embarrassment. I am very embarrased to part of a group that thought Bush was the best, the brightest, and the leader we could produce for this country. Have we no standards? This was the worst Presidency on record. Period.

Has anyone looked at the budget lately? How about the defecit? Anyone mention that at some point those bills come due, and Daddy wont be able to pay those bills. Our kids will have to. The dollar is so devalued that its worth half of what it was before. Somehow we are in both an inflation, AND a recession environment. Whats this I hear? The President isnt responsible for the economy? I think Carter might have a few thoughts there. If I was Greenspan I would have gotten out too.

This country is now riding the tread waters of shit creek, and the last 8 years we have seen this country become less than it was. I love my country. I want it to be the best it can be. Lets hope that we never have another Bush in office again.

atlvalet
05-08-2007, 09:27 PM
BTW, people who say Bush is the worst President ever are very poor students of history. Check out the Harding administration.

Those of you who complain of no exit strategy, look at what Clinton said about Bosnia. Oh yeah, ignore that because we're still there.

When Clinton was in office, everyone said how horrible he was. Now that Bush is in office, people say he's the worst evar. Now, let's see how long it takes people to complain about the new one in 2008. People have been saying the sky is falling since the Greek senate. Same stuff, different epoch.

x[corwyn]
05-08-2007, 11:17 PM
BTW, people who say Bush is the worst President ever are very poor students of history. Check out the Harding administration.

Those of you who complain of no exit strategy, look at what Clinton said about Bosnia. Oh yeah, ignore that because we're still there.

When Clinton was in office, everyone said how horrible he was. Now that Bush is in office, people say he's the worst evar. Now, let's see how long it takes people to complain about the new one in 2008. People have been saying the sky is falling since the Greek senate. Same stuff, different epoch.

Hey if we want to go that way, lets just get Korea out of the way and call Truman the worst ever. I remember one buddy of mine in Bosnia way back in the day. Can't seem to remember too many other of our boys being there, especially for multiple runs, or being pulled back through inactive reserves to serve in Bosnia... Oh wait you mean the Bosnia war that we went into and Conservatives called that the end of Clinton's Presidency for committing a whole 20,000 troops to there and with the protracted war that was going on there our military was significantly weakend. Let the Serbs and Croatians fight amongst themselves, and keep the US out of it.

So what you are saying is that Clinton didnt go in there as well as Bush did, commit 2 wars, and Hundreds of thousands of troops for a protracted war or 2 (We might even get a 3rd war!), and since its the Middle East instead of Europe, then its ok. Yea Clinton sure has Bush beat there. I'd say at this point Bush could get a ring of strippers and midgets and having Bush and Cheney run a train on all of them, and you'll still have idiots saying that Clinton getting a blowjob was worse. Right.

Yea people said Clinton sucked. Wait, what was that? He ended his term in office with the highest end of term approval rating of any President since Eisenhower. I could be wrong, but unless Bush really does something pretty magical and interesting, like his job...that rating isnt going to quite match that.

Eckolaker
05-10-2007, 09:02 AM

First off, fuck an "exit strategy", we have no business in that country. However, the Saudi's like to grab us (well not us, just the greedy Bush family and the U.S. Military Industrial Complex) by the balls and use us as their personal Army. 9/11, WMD's, Iraqi Freedom, were all just the excuses presented to send us into war.

As for the next President, unless he is Ron Paul, or someone willing to do all the things necessary to fix our broke country, i'm going to continue to bitch and blame everything fucked up with this country on the Elite that run it.

nj1266
05-10-2007, 09:59 AM
If you are a poll junkie like I am, you would know that only Clinton and Reagan finished their term in office with a higher approval rating than when they started. You would also know that no president that was elected for a second term has had as low approval ratings as Bush has in the polling era.

Terenus
05-10-2007, 10:27 AM
So far this poll is really close to the 28% approval rating.

Terry S
05-10-2007, 10:28 AM
If you are a poll junkie like I am, you would know that only Clinton and Reagan finished their term in office with a higher approval rating than when they started. You would also know that no president that was elected for a second term has had as low approval ratings as Bush has in the polling era.

Well if I was one of those kinda people who didn't realize that polls hold absolutely no relevancy to anything, anywhere, anytime, whatsoever, then yes, I would know that too.

Terry S

Terry S
05-10-2007, 10:29 AM

its at 18% right now... o.O

Terry S

nj1266
05-10-2007, 10:56 AM

Well if I was one of those kinda people who didn't realize that polls hold absolutely no relevancy to anything, anywhere, anytime, whatsoever, then yes, I would know that too.

Terry S

Polls are very relevant. They are essential for predicting who is going to win the presidency. In polling since 1950, only once did quality polls (Gallup, CBS, ABC, NBC, Pew, AP) predict the winner of a presidential election incorrectly. In the 2006 congressional election it was accurately predicted that the Republicans will lose control of Congress and that is exactly what happened.

Now polls are predicting that the Iraq War and Bush's extremely low approval rating is undermining the popularity of the Republicans running for the presidency in 2008. While it is too early to tell if this will change, that is very bad for the Republican party. If the trend holds, then Democrats will win the presidency AND increase the number of seats they hold in Congress.

Terenus
05-10-2007, 11:00 AM

its at 18% right now... o.O

Terry S

Oh wtf, it changed! Someone took back their votes for "very unhappy".

Terry S
05-10-2007, 11:12 AM
Polls are very relevant. They are essential for predicting who is going to win the presidency. In polling since 1950, only once did quality polls (Gallup, CBS, ABC, NBC, Pew, AP) predict the winner of a presidential election incorrectly. In the 2006 congressional election it was accurately predicted that the Republicans will lose control of Congress and that is exactly what happened.

Now polls are predicting that the Iraq War and Bush's extremely low approval rating is undermining the popularity of the Republicans running for the presidency in 2008. While it is too early to tell if this will change, that is very bad for the Republican party. If the trend holds, then Democrats will win the presidency AND increase the number of seats they hold in Congress.

Doesn't take a poll to realize that.

Honestly though, polls are a waste.

Terry S

SpdyEvo02
05-10-2007, 07:05 PM
WOW..who would have guess that this place is full of democrats...

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a397/spdyevo/n2207779919_24810.jpg

gt40
05-10-2007, 09:03 PM
Looking back over clinton and bush, I am torn between which i have more contempt for. I hate both parties: The democrats take more money out of my pocket and the "we know better than you" attitude passing laws trying to legislate common sense really irks me. So does the pretense that they are any less corrupt than the republicans. Politicians really are low lifes and the democrats are just as scummy as the republicans.

Speaking of the republicans, the whole incestuous relationship with the religious right and being a bit too greedy and better at it than the democrats irks. I really am pissed at Bush for reducing the number of countries i want to go to single handly. Okay, that isn't true: Wolfowitz Cheney, Rumsfield and company really had a hand with helping Bush on this one.

Unfortunately, there are bad people out there ie terrorists and states who want to do us harm. We can't sit by and act like they won't take advantage if they can. I just wish Bush wasn't so incompetent.

Guess that makes me a libertarian anarchist...

Terry S
05-11-2007, 08:28 AM
Looking back over clinton and bush, I am torn between which i have more contempt for. I hate both parties: The democrats take more money out of my pocket and the "we know better than you" attitude passing laws trying to legislate common sense really irks me. So does the pretense that they are any less corrupt than the republicans. Politicians really are low lifes and the democrats are just as scummy as the republicans.

Speaking of the republicans, the whole incestuous relationship with the religious right and being a bit too greedy and better at it than the democrats irks. I really am pissed at Bush for reducing the number of countries i want to go to single handly. Okay, that isn't true: Wolfowitz Cheney, Rumsfield and company really had a hand with helping Bush on this one.

Unfortunately, there are bad people out there ie terrorists and states who want to do us harm. We can't sit by and act like they won't take advantage if they can. I just wish Bush wasn't so incompetent.

Nope, that makes you a moderate realist; the party that HONESTLY cares about the country and its people. It's the party that ALL of the TRULY intelligent people (or very very few of the people in this folder) in this country belong to.

People also tend to forget that Clinton's ~50% reduction in military size and spending is a GIGANTIC contributor to the difficulties we are facing in Iraq. The military is asking for more troops, equipment and training to accomplish their tasks but thanks to Clinton's reduction, they are required to use Bush to ask Congress for what they need. And Congress hasn't exactly been the most cooperative with him for the last few years.

Had Clinton taken care of Iraq (and not leave it to UN "diplomacy") when he was in office instead of leaving it for someone else, then we wouldn't have had to invade.

Terry S

4G63 FEVER
05-28-2007, 08:01 PM
^ Hey Terry, care to show or tell me about any great moderates in American history??? Better watch out for that vehicle bearing down on you being in the middle of the road and all.

For the most part you are on the money but on the moderate thing not so much as the saying goes.

Neither party knows what it's like to live at the levels that we do, they are far removed from our range for sure.

Terry S
05-28-2007, 08:26 PM
^ Hey Terry, care to show or tell me about any great moderates in American history??? Better watch out for that vehicle bearing down on you being in the middle of the road and all.

For the most part you are on the money but on the moderate thing not so much as the saying goes.

Neither party knows what it's like to live at the levels that we do, they are far removed from our range for sure.

Progress comes from compromise. And moderates are compromise.

Terry S

greekven
05-28-2007, 10:43 PM
Check the movie JESUS CAMP and draw your own conclusions.

x[corwyn]
05-29-2007, 01:45 AM

Nope, that makes you a moderate realist; the party that HONESTLY cares about the country and its people. It's the party that ALL of the TRULY intelligent people (or very very few of the people in this folder) in this country belong to.

People also tend to forget that Clinton's ~50% reduction in military size and spending is a GIGANTIC contributor to the difficulties we are facing in Iraq. The military is asking for more troops, equipment and training to accomplish their tasks but thanks to Clinton's reduction, they are required to use Bush to ask Congress for what they need. And Congress hasn't exactly been the most cooperative with him for the last few years.

Had Clinton taken care of Iraq (and not leave it to UN "diplomacy") when he was in office instead of leaving it for someone else, then we wouldn't have had to invade.

Terry S

What happened to Bush Sr. taking care of Iraq and getting the job done when we were in there? No one wants to remember that, huh?

Just as a FYI I'm not much of a fan of Democrats, loved Reagan, hated Bush, tolerated Clinton, and have despised Bush Jr but have been convinced that only idiots have been voting for the last few decades that I personally can vouch for (unlike some that probably cant even remember life except being under Bush Jr's Presidency). There have been some candidates that showed some promise... This next election? I'm reading and searching for a candidate from either party that I feel can pull this mess we are in, and get this country back on track. An actual Leader. Something we have been sorely lacking the last 8 years.

Reading up on a little history, its not too damned surprising that we have once again been manipulated into an ill-conceived war that only benefits a few that our Leaders received financial help from. http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=92662 are in the cabinet these days. Its not really hard to believe that though with the Gulf of Tonkin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_of_Tonkin_Incident) just a few decades back that allowed us to manipulate us into a war. Haliburton and Oil Companies are sure doing well, but hey...no coincidence there, right? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_Razor

Terry S
05-29-2007, 08:24 PM
Stop claiming oil bullshit. We still gotta pay for it regardless. It's not like we're conquerors.

And if you want a good perspective on how the war in Iraq is going, you should come down and talk with my command Sgt. Major who's done 3 tours, all of which were for rebuilding and retraining police/troops.

It's exactly the honest perspective that all the Bush haters refuse to admit to.

Terry S

Eckolaker
05-30-2007, 10:12 AM
Stop claiming oil bullshit. We still gotta pay for it regardless. It's not like we're conquerors.

And if you want a good perspective on how the war in Iraq is going, you should come down and talk with my command Sgt. Major who's done 3 tours, all of which were for rebuilding and retraining police/troops.

It's exactly the honest perspective that all the Bush haters refuse to admit to.

Terry S

Please show me how we pay for our Oil. I have been looking and looking and I can't find how we pay for our oil.

x[corwyn]
05-30-2007, 10:19 AM

Terry S

Please show me how we pay for our Oil. I have been looking and looking and I can't find how we pay for our oil.

Thats because they are making us pay out the ass.

Terry S
05-31-2007, 07:54 PM

Terry S

All the oil drilled and refined in Iraq is in control of the Iraqi government and/or companies in Iraq. And before you claim that the Iraqi companies are all just US company puppets, remember that every major company IN THE WORLD is based somewhere and owns a shitload of other companies so the argument it moot.

And since the transactions are taking place mostly through private companies or government divisions, why would you get to see the transactions? It's like going out and asking Arco to provide you with their transaction statements for their activities in Ukraine. It's internal, private and classified.

Terry S

x[corwyn]
06-01-2007, 08:46 AM
I've always enjoyed having my patriotism, or called into question that I don't support our troops because I disagree with Bush.

First off I love my country. Simple enough, but its true. I think that this is the best country on earth, and that I dont believe in what Bush has done to our country. I think we will feel the negative effects, possibly well past our lifetimes.

Second of all I believe our military is the best, bar none. They are plain incredible. The amount of incredible technology, and the training that we get is impressive. Anyone that has served is someone that I personally admire, and think the world of.

Now as far as Bush has been in office, I think he's either the biggest idiot we have seen, or shiftiest person ever in office. From day 1 coming into the Presidency his objective was to get into Iraq. Why? He wants Saddam out. So THATS their strategy? Take Saddam out and then destabilize one of the biggest flashpoint areas in the world. Whats was his strategy for afterwards? Nothing. So hes now accomplished what he set out to do. Get troops in there. Why? We have more real tangible excuses to invade Iran and North Korea than we have Iraq. Some old Chemical Weapons that WE gave them back in the 80s is pretty weaksauce when compared to countries gaining nuclear power and being pissed at us.

So back to my point, the President and his men have focused exclusively on getting men in there but had no agenda past that? Whats the strategy in Iraq now? Now when I mention Bush's strategy, and just as a FYI the President and his cabinet set strategy, I dont mean tactically which is what the men in the field have been doing brilliantly.

Nope its not our troops that is letting us down. Whose given them their goals and objectives? So back to whats going on. Bush completely destabilizes that region and guess what his oil company buddies get? Record profits. Cheny's buddies at Haliburton get great contracts. Is there any reason past that to question what their objective was?

America got taken for a ride. We were used to fill the pocketbooks of greedy men and paid the price in prestige, and American blood. I look at this as the worst crime that has been perpetrated by any President. I am pretty disgusted that most Republicans feel they have to tow the party line and cover for this crook or completely look the other way and ignore this for what it is.

x[corwyn]
06-05-2007, 03:47 PM
http://rawstory.com/news/2007/Arkansas_GOP_head_We_need_more_0603.html