PDA

View Full Version : COMING HOME FROM DEPLOYMENT(SD)..

EvoSwaggA
05-09-2007, 05:23 AM
Well the title pretty much says it all...im currently in okinawa, japan on deployment and getting ready to come home to SD. Just wanted to finally say whats up to all the sd evo's out there especially the ones in the military...I've been on deployment for going on 5 mos now and im kinda outta the loop as far as whats poppin w/ the community and all...It would be cool to meet all you guys during a meet perhaps or I know before I left the Qualcomm races used to be poppin w/ evo's as well...Anyway, just wanted to say hello in advance, and I cant wait to see how many times I stall after not having driven in a little over 6 mos!! :grin:

--Nick
UT3 USN SEABEEs O0

CJS-IX-SE
05-09-2007, 06:06 AM
what up nick, im chris. im on coronado, and there are plenty of us military evo owners around here. hope you had a good deployment

SB2 (SWCC) Conklin.

EVOMANIAC
05-09-2007, 09:25 AM
Well races are on the 11th and 25 of May. We will welcome you home properly once you get back. There are a lot of Evo at 32nd St Base.

MMC (SW/AW) Anderson

EvoSwaggA
05-10-2007, 04:21 AM
wow a freakin chief and a SWCC with evos?..thats what im talkin about! :D anyway, im gonna need some help installing my mbc and fuel pump soon as i get home...you guys most likely have experience in this right?...any tips in advance b4 i totally do things ass backwards? :grin:

chris: i was just with some your SWCC and SEAL buddies on assignment in various places...you guys have the best job in the navy...IMO..pleasure to meet u bro!

--Nick

emptyg5000
05-10-2007, 10:36 AM
I guess I'll get in on this too. I'm an HMC also on NAB.

swimmer160
05-10-2007, 12:36 PM
where in oki have you been at? I just left there in Sept, and came out to SD. I'm at Pendleton right now though. USMC though...

EvoSwaggA
05-10-2007, 01:18 PM
im currently in camp shields but have pretty much been everywhere in oki...u know any good tuner shops in oki?

EVOMANIAC
05-10-2007, 01:33 PM
Hah, another Chief with an Evo. There goes me being the only one.

swimmer160
05-10-2007, 03:56 PM
im currently in camp shields but have pretty much been everywhere in oki...u know any good tuner shops in oki?

there's a few, one of my boys over there had an Evo III and took me to some of him. There's a guy named Scott who's got a place that does a really good job. I don't know the name of it though, I'll e-mail my boy out there and try to get the name of it, I just know Scott did all the work to the Evo and it was the hottness.

nicklulu
05-10-2007, 04:01 PM
Welcome back!

EvoSwaggA
05-11-2007, 08:48 PM
Welcome back!

Thanks bro..but im technically not back yet...still a month to go!

EvoSwaggA
05-12-2007, 05:07 AM
there's a few, one of my boys over there had an Evo III and took me to some of him. There's a guy named Scott who's got a place that does a really good job. I don't know the name of it though, I'll e-mail my boy out there and try to get the name of it, I just know Scott did all the work to the Evo and it was the hottness.

thanks bro...let me know asap, since i got bout a month left here and would be nice if i could pick up some goodies that i wont be able to find in the states....and do they have public junkyards in oki like ecology or pick your part in the states?

swimmer160
05-12-2007, 08:53 AM
yeah there are some great junkyards, I definitely went to a couple of those and picked apart some cars. The problem with that is that I don't know where they are, so I think you would just have to ask someone.

luisevo8
05-14-2007, 09:15 PM
good to meet you it is good to hear alot of military with evos i am in the army and i have another friend of mine that has an evo 9 rs so hope to hear from ypou soon and hit me up and we can chat on shops and stuff peace :mitsu: :mitsu:

nicklulu
05-15-2007, 07:05 AM
good to meet you it is good to hear alot of military with evos i am in the army and i have another friend of mine that has an evo 9 rs so hope to hear from ypou soon and hit me up and we can chat on shops and stuff peace :mitsu: :mitsu:

Now, if there is acutally a member that will install a granade laucher on the roof of their Evo. That would be cool :D

Hope we have a meet when this guy comes back

EVO Neil
05-15-2007, 08:10 AM
I just want to say thanks to all our military men and women, especially the SoCalEvo members, for serving, for protecting our freedoms and rights and this country. It is not overlooked by this member. Big meet in June at HB Mitsu and MOD is in July at Mitsu HQ in Cypress. O0

leira619
05-16-2007, 09:52 PM
Early Welcome Back to SD. Once you get in your EVO and feel that boost, you'll be in heaven again. You're coming back, and unfortunately, I have to leave SD and meet my ship in Australia! Well, doesn't sound that bad, right?

It's cool to see some Chiefs w/ EVOs.

EvoSwaggA
05-18-2007, 06:49 AM
thanks alot guys for the early welcome backs..i appreciate all of the support, and as for the big meets coming in the summer i cant wait to see all u guys and ur siick rides! O0 ..so i take it that we (military evo members) will cruise in formation; if u will, to these meets together? :grin:

ILL FOLLOW IF U LEAD!...GOD BLESS AMERICA

--Nick

azul gsr
05-18-2007, 07:13 AM
evoswaggA, enjoy your remaining time @ Oki and try to pick up parts for your evo while you are there. i.e. rims, suspension etc.

EN1 (S/W) Seeckts
Naval Weapons Station Seal Beach

emptyg5000
05-18-2007, 06:27 PM
It's cool to see some Chiefs w/ EVOs.

I like to break it down to...evolution. You have your everyday Chief, who if lucky and with the right conditions, evolves into the more enhanced EVO Chief.

EVOMANIAC
05-18-2007, 11:37 PM
empty do people give you shit for driving an Evo and being a Chief? I get all kinds of crap from other Chiefs because it isnt a muscle car.

EvoSwaggA
05-19-2007, 02:20 AM
empty do people give you shit for driving an Evo and being a Chief? I get all kinds of crap from other Chiefs because it isnt a muscle car.

maybe gettin crap for it, but i bet they wouldnt even dare try to test the EVO!

emptyg5000
05-19-2007, 09:00 AM

All the time, because as you know the sh!t talking never stops. Mostly they want to karate chop the wing.

DizEvoIX
05-19-2007, 09:10 AM
Welcome home in advance. I hope to see you at one, if not both of the big meets this summer.

EVO Neil, thanks for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated by all of us that serve. Especially my DOD Brothers and Sisters.

Former QM, USN
Currently SK2, USCG, Port of LA........ I really miss being in the Navy at times!!
:mitsu:

swimmer160
05-21-2007, 12:33 AM
if you wanted good no shit jdm evo parts you could hit up the Mitsu Dealership. It's right over by the Autobacs in that area if I still remember correctly. And if you find any good shit let me/us know. I know I'd be down for some things that I didn't look into while I was still there!!!

EvoSwaggA
05-21-2007, 02:18 AM
if you wanted good no shit jdm evo parts you could hit up the Mitsu Dealership. It's right over by the Autobacs in that area if I still remember correctly. And if you find any good shit let me/us know. I know I'd be down for some things that I didn't look into while I was still there!!!

hmm..i never knew that there was a dealership over there, ill def hit it up and let u know my findings!...good lookin out swimmer160

DizEvoIX
05-21-2007, 10:34 PM

hmm..i never knew that there was a dealership over there, ill def hit it up and let u know my findings!...good lookin out swimmer160

The Mitsu dealer he is talking about is HB Mitsu on Beach Bl. It's about a 15 - 20 minute drive south of Autobacs on a light traffic day.

swimmer160
05-21-2007, 10:35 PM

The Mitsu dealer he is talking about is HB Mitsu on Beach Bl. It's about a 15 - 20 minute drive south of Autobacs on a light traffic day.

ummm....actually the mitsu dealership I'm talking about is in Okinawa, Japan....

DizEvoIX
05-24-2007, 06:26 PM

ummm....actually the mitsu dealership I'm talking about is in Okinawa, Japan....

Oh that Autobacs!!! My bad 'G'!!Â* :oops:

swimmer160
05-24-2007, 10:37 PM

Oh that Autobacs!!! My bad 'G'!! :oops:

eh, it happens...I don't think I would mention anything about the Autobacs here, I hear they're pretty shady.

CJS-IX-SE
06-03-2007, 07:19 AM
lol sorry it took me so long to get back to you. i had taken a break from socalevo haha.... but im back and starting to mod this evo :)

and Swagga, sorry to say this when you get here ill be leaving to Virginia. i got picked up for a program i dare not turn down..

but ill be here for a couple months, and me and EVOMANIAC will help you with whatever installs, from turbo kits to suspension to whatever.

Chris

EvoSwaggA
06-11-2007, 02:01 AM
3 more days and a wake up!!!... :D

Chris- I will def be hittin u up during my stand down/ leave period O0....congrats on gettin picked up too bro!...u takin the evo to VA i assume?

--Nick

swimmer160
06-11-2007, 05:17 PM
yo man you gonna be comin to mod?

S@nt0s
06-11-2007, 05:37 PM
crazyyyyy i was in japan for 3 years NAF Atsugi
AM2(AW) Renovales
FRC-SW Pt.Mugu

glad your coming back... bring back some georgia coffee or some of those BOMB ASS cokes...

vortech_g35
06-11-2007, 05:48 PM
Everyone goto MOD!!! Sign up now!!!

swimmer160
06-11-2007, 05:55 PM
yeah dude...seriously, the Georgia Coffee's. OH!!! Try to get a case of Chu-Hi for me, if you did I would so give you a traveler's fee!!! I would love you forever if you got a case of Mixed Chu-Hi's!!! Seriously!

S@nt0s
06-11-2007, 06:44 PM
Chu-Hi's gave me headaches...... LOL
chicken on a stick from 7/11 FTW

swimmer160
06-11-2007, 07:52 PM

+1,000,000!

Sushi from Family Mart FTW!

the fourth of Chu-Hi is soon upon us!!!!!
the 4th of Chu-Hi FTMFW!!!!!!!!

EvoSwaggA
06-20-2007, 11:02 PM

+1,000,000!

sorry guys no luck on importing japanese coffee and candy..LOL...i am planning on going to MOD tho, seeing that itll give me time to get over my jet lag!

S@nt0s
06-21-2007, 07:11 AM

+1,000,000!

sorry guys no luck on importing japanese coffee and candy..LOL...i am planning on going to MOD tho, seeing that itll give me time to get over my jet lag!

jet lag is over rated.... LOL i rated those long as flights

swimmer160
06-21-2007, 09:32 PM

+1,000,000!

jet lag is over rated.... LOL i rated those long as flights

Flights from Okinawa back to States FTMFL!!!

S@nt0s
06-21-2007, 10:00 PM
try Suadi to London to LAX..... that one SUCKED worst then Narita to LAX

swimmer160
06-21-2007, 10:27 PM
^^^you win...

S@nt0s
06-22-2007, 07:41 AM
lol

EVOMANIAC
07-25-2007, 08:43 AM
I fly from LAX to Narita about 4 times a year. I just flew LAX to Sydney and Brisbane to LAX. I have Singapore coming up soon that is one long ass flight.

EvoSwaggA
07-25-2007, 01:31 PM
I fly from LAX to Narita about 4 times a year. I just flew LAX to Sydney and Brisbane to LAX. I have Singapore coming up soon that is one long ass flight.

better u than me...the flight from okinawa to alaska was pretty bad

delinquentcowboy
08-11-2007, 06:39 PM
I know i've seen some Marines with EVO's.....if so, reply, maybe we can get a meet set up in October....I'm stuck in Iraq for now; however, I'll be home in October

swimmer160
08-14-2007, 10:30 PM
I would...but sadly I'm gonna be out there when you get back, I leave in September, but when I come back I'm gonna be rockin the X!!!