PDA

View Full Version : New headunit in my car

x[corwyn]
05-10-2007, 11:54 PM
I had an Eclipse CD3410 in my car that I was very happy with. However I bought an iPod finally, and wanted to be able to listen to it in my car, and so I needed a new headunit. I did some research and while I love Eclipse I also noticed I wanted HD Radio as well. I knew I didnt want to spend a crapload of money putting heavy amps and extra woofer boxes in, so I wasnt going to pop for an expensive headunit as well.

So after a little bit of research I finally bought a JVC KD-HDR1. It has HD-Radio built in, the ability to have either Sirius or XM, and a $50 connector allows you to have the iPod controlled through the headunit. The Eclipse stereos have a very good sound, however with stock speakers sounds a bit flat since its expected to have a full setup with it. The JVC is setup to sound good and powerful with the stock speakers. In fact I am thinking of swapping for slightly better speakers, but no amp because the radio seems to overpower the stock speakers. It sounds great. HD is really, really cool. I was going to buy a sattellite subscription, but between HD, and my iPod I have no need to. As for price its well worth it.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/productDetail.do?oid=163674