PDA

View Full Version : dropping headers or port and polishing ur stock ones!!

06EVOIX
05-17-2007, 09:47 PM
is it good to upgrade or just port and polish my stock ones any one with experience can answer my question

FastForward
05-17-2007, 09:58 PM
headers? you mean exhaust manifold. It depeds on your plans, if your sticking with the stock turbo then it would help to get some JIC's or Prosport. If your upgrading the turbo with like an RRE turbo kit, than no worries since it comes with a new manifold.

boostinbyyou
05-17-2007, 10:52 PM
if you go with aftermarket headers, you will go to the ref...

better to port the stock ones....no emissions tickets....

TTech will swap your stock manifold with a ported one....

its really your best bet...performance and legal...

depending on where/how much, you drive...

i always say...*3hp part=300 dollar ticket*...

phi_ho1
05-19-2007, 10:31 AM
after market is better

JDMC-WestEVO
05-19-2007, 10:32 AM
upgraded isnt worth it just port u stock ones PM me and i can set u up with a place to do it.

boostinbyyou
05-19-2007, 01:12 PM
after market is better

then buy my megan headers...

a great way to go to the REF....ported for egt and everything....

*thats what i thought*....its really not worth it...

Evo8urv8
05-19-2007, 01:20 PM
Try checking out this site (http://www.paradigmperformance.net/products/evo/index.html). They got some good stuff for porting your manifolds, port and coat your 02 housing, and hotside. O0

j_nizzle
05-19-2007, 01:38 PM
after market is better

i disagree entirely. show me where buying an aftermarket exhaust manifold truly pays off. power to money invested ratio, power gain?, getting vs. not getting a ref ticket.

evos arent hondas. an aftermarket exhaust manifold wont do much.

boostinbyyou
05-20-2007, 12:50 AM
+100 nizzle...

is it me...

or do i post about ref. sh!t all the time....

im gonna start a thread...

WHO HAS BEEN TO THE REF. MORE THAN ME.....

you are right....its not worth it....power,cost,law,headache,time,etc.....

JOOTZ
05-20-2007, 08:55 AM
right now stealth is better
if you want a flat out race prepped car just for track,then you dont need to worry bout ref
if its your daily driver,then to each his own
free country

phi_ho1
05-20-2007, 10:11 AM
if you afraid to go to REF don't get an EVO. u know the change of get pull over by having aftermarket exhaust so exhaust is more uglyer then this.

j_nizzle
05-20-2007, 11:21 AM
if you afraid to go to REF don't get an EVO. u know the change of get pull over by having aftermarket exhaust so exhaust is more uglyer then this.

i disagree entirely again...if your goal with the evo is to get pulled over anyway, i say what's the point to that!?! everyone, or at least most, here seems to like their cars and for different reasons. the bottom line is everyone would like to keep driving their car and avoiding ref tickets is a given with that.

you can do things completely stealth and still make more power and have a better handling car than the guy that spends more money on useless JDM engine dressup and body kits. unless you show your car more than you race your car, it isnt really worth the extra hassle of putting things on/in your car that attract the wrong kind of attention.

each has his own though. mod your car how you wish. it seems as if ref tickets dont worry/scare you. good luck!

wj4
05-20-2007, 01:40 PM
after market is better

i disagree entirely. show me where buying an aftermarket exhaust manifold truly pays off. power to money invested ratio, power gain?, getting vs. not getting a ref ticket.

evos arent hondas. an aftermarket exhaust manifold wont do much.

And installation on them is not as easy as it looks. People thinks that because the exhaust manifold on the Evo is so short, you can just unbolt it and lift it up, lol.

GokuSSJ4
05-21-2007, 09:58 AM
porting your stock unit would be best.. getting an aftermarket manifold isn't worth it. imo what would eliminate all the negative talk about after market ex manifolds would be if you had the choice to add a shield...

boostinbyyou
05-21-2007, 02:29 PM
ive always said....its not worth it...

but ive always said if you really want to...

*the place next door to RRE will make you a heat shield for the aftermarket one*....

oh and i say *good luck too*

phi_ho1
05-21-2007, 05:50 PM
oh well, steath or not they can smell you "note cops are not stupid" if they are stupid they will not pull anyone of us over. I have my own way of think but other might not agree with that, find with me. port the exhaust M takes a while to do it, meaning that your ride will be at home for at least a week or two. unless u can borrow one from other members on the forum and another thing is if you can't do it at home then u basiclly "F". I install my myself take me around 5 hours becaue I work on my car at home. so good luck with taking it out and port it....