PDA

View Full Version : i nee help

kdlope01
06-02-2007, 12:56 AM
ok so i am totally new to mitsubishi and i am in iraq right now and i am coming home with a pocket full of money i have two choices that i have been staring at the last 6 months i have been here a s2000 or a evo i have been working iwth honda for years but i want something turbo that has a lot of potiental off the dealership i was looking at sti but it seems you get more out of an evo but i know nothing about them i heard alot of terriable things about mitsubishi trannys and warranties but i figure if i buy a brand new evo i will baby it like all my other cars and it wont fuck up like i have heard so sorry for the long story but my main question here is do i buy a 05 or 06 and whats the differnece if any in the years and do you think a MR is worth it or not 6 speed or 5 speed this car will be a DD i am 22 now time to go big

wj4
06-02-2007, 01:09 AM
The S2000 is a great car, very smooth gearbox. Reliable built, and sporty 2 seater. It's a fun car to drive, even for daily driver, but the lack of torque may get to you.

The Evo is also a great car..has one of the best, if not the best I4 motor ever. The transmission will be fine to you as long as you don't track it hard..if you do that, there is always a rebuilt tranny that is stronger than stock.

If you are going the Evo route, make sure to get an 06. The IX makes power a lot easier than the VIII (2003-05), the colors on the seats are much more better as well.

If I were to buy an Evo again, getting an MR just for the 6th gear won't be my primary concern. If you can get the best deal, then sure go ahead..but IMO it shouldn't be the sole purpose for your decision.

It's a hard choice between the two cars. The S2000 and Evo are 2 of the 3 cars I'd buy that are under the $50,000 mark. I think you need to test drive both cars, that will narrow it down for you.

Bueller
06-02-2007, 01:10 AM
ok so i am totally new to mitsubishi and i am in iraq right now and i am coming home with a pocket full of money i have two choices that i have been staring at the last 6 months i have been here a s2000 or a evo i have been working iwth honda for years but i want something turbo that has a lot of potiental off the dealership i was looking at sti but it seems you get more out of an evo but i know nothing about them i heard alot of terriable things about mitsubishi trannys and warranties but i figure if i buy a brand new evo i will baby it like all my other cars and it wont fuck up like i have heard so sorry for the long story but my main question here is do i buy a 05 or 06 and whats the differnece if any in the years and do you think a MR is worth it or not 6 speed or 5 speed this car will be a DD i am 22 now time to go big

Jesus christ ol mighty. Now thats what i call a sentence. Evo, STi, whatever...get what you want. Its really not that compicated. Go check them out...go to some meets...then get what you want.

turbolarry
06-02-2007, 01:39 AM
06's came with a more effecient turbo and MIVEC (variable intake cam). 5 speeds hold up to more punishment than 6 speeds.
Baby it if you want... or drive the snot out of it, break something, and upgrade the part to something that can take abuse. O0
Once you drive a car with a turbo you'll never want to drive anything else.