PDA

View Full Version : North County dealerships

yobless
06-04-2007, 02:43 AM
I'm looking to get the Evo's oil changed today. I did a quick search on dealerships and saw that BakerĀ* :mitsu: in C-bad andĀ* :mitsu: in Poway received good reviews but I was wondering about Heller here in Escondido?

I remember Poway was a great spot to pick up parts for my broke @$$ POS DSM that I owned a couple of years ago.

Thanks for any and all help.

vortech_g35
06-04-2007, 02:46 AM
Dunno, I just do my own oil change. If your car is stock, its just a oil change, I don't think they can fvck that up.

TeKiZeRo
06-04-2007, 02:52 AM
Save some cash and do it yourself. I live in Escondido and stopped by there for my oil filters. They're an alright bunch of guys...

yobless
06-04-2007, 03:07 AM
I use to be the "do it yourselfer" but the HOA here trips about working on your car...I was "mad dawged" by some old blue hair the other day for opening the hood. Plus back in my old "U Signed the Motherfreakin' Contract," USMC, days I did all of my work on base...but those privilages are done.

vortech_g35
06-04-2007, 03:09 AM
I would take it to any dealer for just a oil change, but bring your own oil.

TeKiZeRo
06-04-2007, 03:15 AM
Any dealership should be competent on doing a good oil change. But yeah, bring your own oil or just watch them. Too many horror stories over easy tasks =/.

yobless
06-04-2007, 03:21 AM
I've never taken any of my cars to the dealer, I've been too scared of being bent over. The car is still under warranty, that's the only reason i'm posting...yeah i'll bring my own mobil 1 and the KY.

Thanks for the help...BTW, TeKiZeRo, I think I've seen your ride around Rose and Valley Pkwy...deep in the hood where I live.

vortech_g35
06-04-2007, 03:23 AM
How could you miss the panda?

TeKiZeRo
06-04-2007, 03:25 AM
Haha, yeah it's my baby Panda. I bring it out on the weekends so you'll see me on the streets a lot then. I'm sporting the Volk Time Attacks now so you'll really know it's me if you see me :). I'm on Valley Parkway a lot since I have a lot of errands to do on the weekend. What color is your car? I'm assuming yellow from the avatar.

yobless
06-04-2007, 03:36 AM
Yup the ride is yellow, so far i've only been pulled over once for not having plates.

I'll be sure to be on the lookout for the "Baby Panda" riding on some Time Attacks, nice.

I'm going to catch some zzzz's and prepare for the prison scene tomorrow at the dealership, thanks again for the help.

TeKiZeRo
06-04-2007, 03:38 AM
No problem. You should hit up the Hooters meet this weekend on the 9th. There's a thread about it in this section.

And give us an update on your dealership experience too :).

vortech_g35
06-06-2007, 02:38 PM
^ STFU FLAKE!

TeKiZeRo
06-06-2007, 04:53 PM
QUIET YOU

yobless
06-07-2007, 01:51 AM
I ended up buying a filter and having one of my friends at E Z lube do the work for me...came out to 30 bones w/ filter.

I did find out from El Cajon Mitsu that my car had 8k worth of work done to it before I bought it. It has a brand new short block, clutch and turbo and a 1 year or 12K miles guarantee. Chassis has 23K on it and the motor apparently has 4K...that's crazy!!

I'm going to be in L.A. this weekend so i'm going to miss the meet..but i'll be around for the others.

TeKiZeRo
06-07-2007, 07:42 AM
Oh wow O_O. I guess the previous owner blew the motor?